Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

Exact same thing just a few new props along the way. Surprised they are not converting the queue to be indoors.

This project is being done cheap. There's no way they'd invest that much into a queue line for a mostly unthemed coaster (and yes, even though it's being converted to Incredibles, 80% of the track is still unthemed).

Is anything happening to the California Screamin’ tunnels? In the model they look fully wrapped around the track but it could just be a cheaper and easier way to make a model.

If they had a wrap around screen with Dash running beside the train it would be a nice addition.

So will Paradise Pier hotel get a name change?

PIXAR Pier Hotel sounds weird.
Disney probably won't change it because why would they want to spend the money to replace all signage associated with the hotel name and change out everything to something new, when Disney is very likely just going to demolish the hotel in the not too distant future (after the DTD hotel opens would be the time to do it).

New Concept Art out of D23 Japan

Pixar Pier will open June 23
780w-463h_021118_d23-expo-japan-parks-announcement-4.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair, it's exactly what's in the concept art lol. California Screamin' and Fun Wheel are literally just swapping colors lmao.

Also, while I adore that hue of blue, it's not my first choice for a ferris wheel. I think it might disappear into the sky, while also clashing with it? Idk. Yet again I feel that there's no good reason for most of these changes.

Will only the scream tubes showcase the character moments or would we see them throughout the coaster? I could see Dash running along the coaster right when it launches especially if their adding water spritz. Violet could also be part of the loop as she does create that force field ball.

They were doing some LED testing in the early morning. If what I saw last night is representative of the final nighttime look of the land. It's going to look like someone threw up color all over the peir.