Pixar Pier (2018) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Pixar Pier (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To be honest guys I don't see this change as such a big deal. The only thing I was worried about was the changing of the Mickey Logo on the wheel and it's staying. The roller coaster is now red with a better entrance. Nothing else that major. I think everyone just blew this out of proportion.

To be honest guys I don't see this change as such a big deal. The only thing I was worried about was the changing of the Mickey Logo on the wheel and it's staying. The roller coaster is now red with a better entrance. Nothing else that major. I think everyone just blew this out of proportion.

I have a lot of problems with Pixar Pier, more specifically on that it didn't NEED to happen.

It screws over the cohesive elements of DCA more than Guardians, taking care of problems that weren't even problems to begin with. Not to mention, the Lotso Ball is on the Fun Wheel, but from what seems to be a last minute change; Mickey is fully present.

Not to mention that the IO attraction seems to be a reskined version of Fliks Glider's from Bugs Land, a lot of this is to me; painfully cheap.

The only aspect I like, is the station for the Incredicoaster, as I like the new design. But, when the only thing I would praise is the station, out of a land that shouldn't be built in the first place; there is enough reason to be angry about it.

I have a lot of problems with Pixar Pier, more specifically on that it didn't NEED to happen.

It screws over the cohesive elements of DCA more than Guardians, taking care of problems that weren't even problems to begin with. Not to mention, the Lotso Ball is on the Fun Wheel, but from what seems to be a last minute change; Mickey is fully present.

Not to mention that the IO attraction seems to be a reskined version of Fliks Glider's from Bugs Land, a lot of this is to me; painfully cheap.

The only aspect I like, is the station for the Incredicoaster, as I like the new design. But, when the only thing I would praise is the station, out of a land that shouldn't be built in the first place; there is enough reason to be angry about it.

Yes I agree this is a change that didn't need to happen. But, it's painfully obvious that Disney wants to do away the California theme. Can't really blame them to be honest. The California theme is redundant and has been a fail since it opened.

I have a feeling Mickey will be gone once Disney decides to transform paradise park into Pixar in the future. That's something I fear. The Mickey logo is perfect. But, now the Mickey logo doesn't make sense on the wheel with Pixar everywhere. So I guess it has to go someday. I understand where your coming from. It's not something that needed to happen but it's here to stay. Overall, I just don't see a big deal with it. It could always be worse.

Yes I agree this is a change that didn't need to happen. But, it's painfully obvious that Disney wants to do away the California theme. Can't really blame them to be honest. The California theme is redundant and has been a fail since it opened.

I have a feeling Mickey will be gone once Disney decides to transform paradise park into Pixar in the future. That's something I fear. The Mickey logo is perfect. But, now the Mickey logo doesn't make sense on the wheel with Pixar everywhere. So I guess it has to go someday. I understand where your coming from. It's not something that needed to happen but it's here to stay. Overall, I just don't see a big deal with it. It could always be worse.

Here is the thing though, they tried bringing back the California theme in what was, and this in my personal opinion; in the best way possible. As seen, very well; with Buena Vista Street, Grizzly Airfield, and Paradise Pier.

These three elements have all been changed for the better in year's prior, and brought in a sense of thematic cohesion to the California landscape. Hell, I'd say that Cars Land does get a pass; as Route 66 is one of the nation's longest highway systems, and goes through a good portion of southern California.

And while I'm not a fan of Marvel at DCA, specifically on Guardians and Spider-Man; I do think it makes sense that they bring it there, as there is possibilities with the characters like Iron Man, Captain America, and even the West Coast Avengers. I think it's more of a wait and see in my book.

But Pixar Pier is a problematic issue, one that I am not happy with; primarily for that it screws over California Adventure's ideals after the launch of 2.0; and tries to just cram in Pixar into one place.

I hate so much about this.

1) good to know the new queue for Screamin/Incredicoaster has even less shade than currently, love that Disney refuses to spend the money to at least upgrade to a much needed indoor queue which a clearly usable concept (hello, Incredibles home?!)
2) ah just new decals and paint on Screamin trains, nothing like finally getting rid of those bulky OSTRs and upgrading to Intamin's newer Maverick train models or even a lap bar design. Perfect time for that but GOTTA KEEP COSTS DOWN
3) nothing announced for the King Triton carousel replacement. That's just gotta be good news, right? /s
4) Mickey keeps his face, which I'm fine with but lol changing the gondolas to Pixar characters what a waste
5) oh but they're retheming the carnival games, way to think of that ROI
6) hey, instead of placing a flat in the final Screamin helix, let's go for that one spot right after the TSMM show building ends and another could be plausibly inserted to do the property of Inside Out right and instead just retheme a crappy version of a balloon flyer in a super awkward fashion and do that instead
7) no mention of that theater, that must have been cut
8) too cheap to do this rest so eh nah it's Paradise Park

This is so lame and unnecessary, possibly one of the most baffling moves by Disney ever. A complete retrograde of the fix they just finished five years prior. So when I'm watching WoC and the lights go off in Pixar Pier (ugh) I'm just going to live in a pretend world where it doesn't exist.

I hate so much about this.

1) good to know the new queue for Screamin/Incredicoaster has even less shade than currently, love that Disney refuses to spend the money to at least upgrade to a much needed indoor queue which a clearly usable concept (hello, Incredibles home?!)
2) ah just new decals and paint on Screamin trains, nothing like finally getting rid of those bulky OSTRs and upgrading to Intamin's newer Maverick train models or even a lap bar design. Perfect time for that but GOTTA KEEP COSTS DOWN
3) nothing announced for the King Triton carousel replacement. That's just gotta be good news, right? /s
4) Mickey keeps his face, which I'm fine with but lol changing the gondolas to Pixar characters what a waste
5) oh but they're retheming the carnival games, way to think of that ROI
6) hey, instead of placing a flat in the final Screamin helix, let's go for that one spot right after the TSMM show building ends and another could be plausibly inserted to do the property of Inside Out right and instead just retheme a crappy version of a balloon flyer in a super awkward fashion and do that instead
7) no mention of that theater, that must have been cut
8) too cheap to do this rest so eh nah it's Paradise Park

This is so lame and unnecessary, possibly one of the most baffling moves by Disney ever. A complete retrograde of the fix they just finished five years prior. So when I'm watching WoC and the lights go off in Pixar Pier (ugh) I'm just going to live in a pretend world where it doesn't exist.
Agreed.

So many other things at DLR could've been addressed, yet they choose to fix something that wasn't broken. I'm sure this will be incredibly popular though and all it should take is someone buying a few drinks and a popcorn to make their money back on this, which is what i'm sure they're most concerned about...

Reactions: tankart150 and Ryan
Wait, the carousel is leaving!? What...

I just had an idea about the IncrediCoaster, do you think they could have an uphill launch like Hulk or USF’s Mummy on the second half of the ride? I think that would be a nice surprise to improve it.

Cleaned up the thread, there's no relation to recent news with John Lasseter and this land. And if you're take away is "I hope this ends up with the land cancelled" then you need to get your priorities straight. Any other posts will be deleted.

Reactions: captainmoch
Cleaned up the thread, there's no relation to recent news with John Lasseter and this land. And if you're take away is "I hope this ends up with the land cancelled" then you need to get your priorities straight. Any other posts will be deleted.

Where should one post such important Disney parks news? Please let us know...

Update: I would think it would fit in miscellaneous disney: The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion | Inside Universal Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog