Pollo Campero | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Pollo Campero

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't expect it to be cheaper. I'll pay the same price or a little more if the food's good enough. But I didn't see the point of paying extra and losing some menu items at the Downtown Disney McD's since there's another one right outside of the Disney entrance.

Arguing McDonald's prices lol

^ I totally agree. Its a bit annoying at how many there are already and Disney seemed to be overrunned with them. I like that there will only be one near All stars (which is a great location, oh the memories...). I have never heard of this new place but it sounds good even if one does not like latin food, others do and it gives a change from just plain old burgers that are on the menu at almost all disney menus.

I don't really know if I'll miss this restaurant or not. I have a couple of major childhood memories here, yet at the same time, I'm really glad Disney's is separating themselves from McDonald's.

From Sunday

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Yeah there is one in Orlando across from the Mall at Millenia too. There was one in Plant City but they shut down a few weeks ago.

There is one across from Mall at Millenia? Seriously? I don't remember ever seeing one. Going to have to Google this now. My friend is from Guatemala and it is really big there, Believe thats where it first started and he is super excited for it to open in DTD, but if there is one across the mall so going there.

Has anyone ever had Pollo Campero's food? Is it any good?

I agree that the McDonlad's food in Disney is overpriced and it's annoying, but this place's food is probably gonna be overpriced due to location as well... So I think I would have prefered for McD's to stay. I rarely eat McDonald's or fast food in general, but I do like to indulge when visiting the theme parks.

There's one near Boca we ate at coming home from one of our Marlins trips last year. Food is very similar to Pollo Tropical's, though being more from Central and South America, there aren't quite as many tropical influences as Pollo (ie lime and citrus, cilantro). Most interesting thing was you can get their traditional grilled or fried, which had a different taste than normal fried chicken. Fresh salsa bar and tortillas are nice touch.

From what I've heard, Pollo Campero is set to open today. Anyone planning on checking it out?