Pollo Campero | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Pollo Campero

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've had the food and it's good. The fried chicken and the fried chicken wrap is good. They also have a dollar menu with some good things but I doubt that'll make it over to the Downtown Disney location. lol

We checked out Pollo Campero tonight. I gotta say, I'm loving it so far. The lime grilled chicken was really good. And I was surprised to find a bar that spanned both inside and out, as well as a bakery that has some insane looking goodies. Here are a few pics:

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0171-1.jpg

The outside bar:

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

Salsa bar:

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

The inside bar, and bakery:

DSC_0180-1.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0183-1.jpg

This place looks greasier than Pollo Tropical, I wonder why they didn't just go for a more known company?

yea i did some info and it is a grease pit! the oil thy use is the worst oil you can put into your body. The warning label in the oil says DO NOT MAKE MAYO out of it, and you can make mayo out of any oil,.....yuck. Im and organic all natural guy all the way. That mcdonalds probably made more money then any spot in orlando. I wish they would put something organinc in that place, in disneyland they have a few organinc places because people in cali are crazy about what they eat etc

I think it looks alright :thumbs: But I'll never get to try it out, my sister is to fussy to try anything that isn't basic chicken strips or McDonald's :lol:

What kind of oil do they use which is so bad?

This place looks greasier than Pollo Tropical, I wonder why they didn't just go for a more known company?

Pollo Campero is a very well known restaurant chain worldwide (except the U.S.). Pollo Tropical is from South Florida with just a few restaurants in central Florida that I know of.

even if its well known it doesn't mean its not greasy. It all comes down to the cooking oil and if the chicken is organic. If the chicken breast is the size of a football its loaded with chemicals. But I do here now that the place is very good from a few family members. I don't trust those sauces out in the open though, flies, bacteria, people sneezing....its all open in the air

a vegan bakery ouch. its a good idea but once you bite into that cookie that looks so good your most likely spitting it out

WDWMagic reports that Fresh A-Peel has been replaced by something called Bodie's All-American.

PHOTOS - 'Bodie's All-American' replaces 'Fresh A-Peel' at Downtown Disney's Pollo Campero
There is a new name at Downtown Disney's Pollo Campero restaurant. "Bodie's All-American" replaces the former "Fresh A-Peel" section, offering burgers, salads, sandwiches and wraps.

Check out the photos below for a look at the new signage and decor, and you can see the latest menu here.

ibjeybdvC5QIda.jpg

ikZgs9iPLS52z.jpg

iI1ajWh4P9Dux.jpg