Pool Hopping | Inside Universal Forums

Pool Hopping

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 29, 2013
Hi, I've looked in other threads but couldn't find it, even though I'm sure its been discussed on here before. So sorry for creating a new thread. But I'd like to get the official word from the experts. Are Cabana Bay guests allowed to pool hop to the other pools? I know that pool hopping is allowed between the 3 deluxe resorts. And now with the new "categories" of hotels coming in with Sapphire falls, I"m wondering what will happen then?

My wife is a pool freak and I'd like to stay at Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls....but then also be able to pool hop to all the other hotels pools throughout the week. How does it work by the way? I guess you just use your hotel card key to get into the gate? And does that card key work at the same gates at the other hotels? Just sorta looking for overall "how does it work?" I've never stayed onsite before. Thanks!

You can use the other pools, but the card doesn't usually work on the other pool gates. All you need do is inform one of the employees & they'll let you in.

We have done it many times, as Mad Dog stated the keys rarely work from one hotel to another, most of the time someone will be close by and let you in.
To get towels they ask to see your room key(not always but have it with you).
I have a beach tote that we carry our swim wear,sunscreen,etc. in. That way we are dry when we leave. There are places at all the hotels to change.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Pool hopping for all resort pools in both Disney and Universal is allowed with only one exception, Beach/Yacht Club

so I guess who ever opens the door at Hard Rock sees that you have a Cabana Bay card and then they just say come on in?

so I guess who ever opens the door at Hard Rock sees that you have a Cabana Bay card and then they just say come on in?
It's like the Price Is Right, "come on down". Seriously, no problem at all. They're used to doing it. Plus, about half the time it'll be another guest on their way in and out that opens the gate. But, as the other poster said, employees will check your card when you pick up towels.