Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Possible Imagination Overhaul

We can only hope that this is true. Though hopefully it isn't to further the "cartoonificafion" of EPCOT by replacing it with something Pixar or Phineas & Ferb.

Honestly P&F has some great characters and is quite the crazy show...as long as Figment stays I wont mind them overhauling...I'm surprised they have so much faith in the staying power of the property though..then again I suppose Honey I Shrunk the Kids didn't really have 'staying power'

If they turned Captain EO into a P&F show I wouldn't mind, everyone has moved on from MJ's death by now and it's been running far longer then it necessarily should've.... but an entire P&F-themed pavilion makeover like what they did to Living Seas with Nemo? Eh, I'd prefer not.

Whatever happens though, in the end all that I could only ever want is another major Journey Into Imagination redo, closer to the spirit and wonder of the original along with some new and updated ideas and perspectives thrown in.

Last edited:
How about they do something with the body wars building?!?! It's ridiculous. (yes I know it's used for conventions etc)

It would be more nostalgic reasons since I don't really remember anything from when I saw it back then :lol:

You say that like it's a bad thing Mike. Honestly, my family hasn't forgiven me for making them see it when it first came back.

If you do see it, bring a nice big bottle of Forget Me Nows.

Ummmm....I actually like Captain EO. I mean, it's nowhere near as good as HISTA, and admittedly the picture and 3D quality is just meh but I thought it was a fun, nostalgic show (also LOVE the lasers). Now, I would prefer if they broght HISTA back, but for a limited run EO is pretty good.

As for the Imagination pavilion closing, I guess if it brings back the 2nd floor I'm all for it....just as long as they don't retheme it to P&F

Does anyone know of any good sites that have any decent over views of the Imagination Pavilion back in the 80s? I remember tiny bits and pieces of my one and only visit to the pavilion from the 80s and would love to see some of how it used to be. I remember the rainbow tunnel and were there stairs that played music when you stepped on them?

- - - Updated - - -

You say that like it's a bad thing Mike. Honestly, my family hasn't forgiven me for making them see it when it first came back.

If you do see it, bring a nice big bottle of Forget Me Nows.

I bet it gets better after a game of drinking around the world :pound:

Does anyone know of any good sites that have any decent over views of the Imagination Pavilion back in the 80s? I remember tiny bits and pieces of my one and only visit to the pavilion from the 80s and would love to see some of how it used to be. I remember the rainbow tunnel and were there stairs that played music when you stepped on them?

Here is a great site that has videos of almost all of Disney World's old attractions:

http://www.martinsvids.net/

You really don't need to see EO. It's...unfortunate.

I'm a strong proponent of seeing/doing everything in a park at least once, just to experience it. It's worth a visit at least once, especially in a park that is so lacking.

Shrek, on the other hand...

Phineas & Ferb is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just too old and don't get it, but I found myself angry that I wasted time on such a poorly written cartoon. So please, do not ruin Imagination worse than it already is by adding Phineas & Ferb!

Disney loves selling nostalgia, so why not reopen the second floor of ImageWorks(with an updated LED Rainbow Corridor) and redo the Figment story by re incorporating the Dreamfinder. As a kid, Imagination was hands down my favorite pavilion, and a big reason why was because it had all those components. I still have a picture of me as a kid with Dreamfinder and Figment at a MnG. It's saddening to see what it's become.