Post your Wizarding World Merchandise | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Post your Wizarding World Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pygmy Puffs were gone

Yeah, I posted on the last page that the TM I spoke to on 28th June said they sold out by the second day of her working there and that they aren't due to receive any more until August earliest and October latest. Disappointing since I won't be able to get back to WWOHP for a couple of years :)

Yeah, I posted on the last page that the TM I spoke to on 28th June said they sold out by the second day of her working there and that they aren't due to receive any more until August earliest and October latest. Disappointing since I won't be able to get back to WWOHP for a couple of years :)
Yeah, I read that :) I just wanted to confirm it a little more. They had those hairbrushes stocked where the Puffs used to be. I really hope they get them by September, because I wanted to go and buy one for my friend in NY for her birthday...

Blehhhhhk. I wanted to get a stein, but instead they had those lame cups.

But any ways... my wand!
38212_446175226423_500361423_6040535_4735979_n.jpg

wood: Ivy
core: dragon heartstring

hurray!

Just my personal opinion, but I'm really disappointed they so underestimated the demand for some of these items. I know how much my family was looking forward to getting the Pygmy Puffs, for example, and now there's a slight chance they may get more by August, but no guarantee. Kind of takes away the excitement of visiting the shops in Hogsmeade, especially since it will be another two years before we return to Orlando. I just hope we haven't blown the whole experience out of proportion to the reality of it, y'know?

Just my personal opinion, but I'm really disappointed they so underestimated the demand for some of these items. I know how much my family was looking forward to getting the Pygmy Puffs, for example, and now there's a slight chance they may get more by August, but no guarantee. Kind of takes away the excitement of visiting the shops in Hogsmeade, especially since it will be another two years before we return to Orlando. I just hope we haven't blown the whole experience out of proportion to the reality of it, y'know?

Well they are taking notes of the demand for the items right now, and even if it's not in August, the latest they will get them is October, so they will be back... I don't think anyone could have guessed how popular the area would be, the park was more crowded on the opening of TWWoHP than it was on the grand opening of the park in it's original whole (IoA)..

Just got back from my trip and was bummed about how much merch was sold out. I knew going in there were no Pigmy Puffs but they were also sold out of the Hedwig plushes, both at the park and airport store. They were out of Gryffindor scarves and ties at all locations. After waiting for an hour to get into Honeydukes, the shelves were ripped almost bare by noon. Thankfully one of the wonderful TMs came to our rescue and rushed out with boxes of frogs(all that sat on the shelf were two pathetic lonely squished ones), beans and sugar quills. I was able to get the Quidditch jersey shirt I wanted as well as some cute Gryffindor shorts and many other things though. Im hoping for my next trip in Feb, things will be stocked up and the area will be more managable.

From what I saw, I would think that Zonko's is having the most difficult time moving merch, meaning the toy junk stuff you can purchase anywhere. But that is just my guess. So my question is, "What doesn't seem to be selling out". What appears to always be in stock at this point that is under $100?

I can vouch as one of the "uber-Potter nerds" that I didnt buy a thing in Zonko's, nor did the group of other "uber-nerds" I was with. It was mostly generic kid garbage that die-hards wouldn't have much interest in.

From what I saw, I would think that Zonko's is having the most difficult time moving merch, meaning the toy junk stuff you can purchase anywhere. But that is just my guess. So my question is, "What doesn't seem to be selling out". What appears to always be in stock at this point that is under $100?

Well birthday wands, but that's only because Universal had the knowledge to know that they would be flying off the shelves if they didn't have a big enough supply lol...

I can vouch as one of the "uber-Potter nerds" that I didnt buy a thing in Zonko's, nor did the group of other "uber-nerds" I was with. It was mostly generic kid garbage that die-hards wouldn't have much interest in.

Weren't the Pigmy Puffs located in Zonkos? It appeared so. Therefore, I think we will soon be seeing the Luna Lion Hats on sale there too... Big oversight on the part of UO merchandising to leave those out (if they were not part of the original products plan). And since we cannot be selling a pink Bacardi 151 love potion (and I promise that a 16yo would think they were in love after two shots of that). I think they thought they had to go cheap in one shop when they really did not in hindsight.

All plastic items should be replaced with the real deal, polish crystal remembralls etc. What else could they have sold that Zonko's sold that could be of the highest quality material? I do not know the books Zonko products that well. Expensive seems to be selling very very well in the WW. I guarantee the Lion head furry hat thingy could easily sell for $49.95.

I would've bought a Pigmy Puff if they were in stock, but mostly all I saw on the Zonko's shelves were things like yo-yo's, whistles, trick puzzles ect. Nothing really Potter, except for cheap plastic toy looking "collectables". I think the Luna Lion Hat would be great, plus the promised Extendable Ears. Also any reproduction of a Weasley product, such as a candy mock-up of Skiving Snack Boxes would sell amongst the fans for the pure novelty of the packaging. I also agree that getting rid of the cheap looking plastic and replacing things such as Remembralls and Omninoculars with higher quality woods, crystal and steel would bring up their sales.

I would've bought a Pigmy Puff if they were in stock, but mostly all I saw on the Zonko's shelves were things like yo-yo's, whistles, trick puzzles ect. Nothing really Potter, except for cheap plastic toy looking "collectables". I think the Luna Lion Hat would be great, plus the promised Extendable Ears. Also any reproduction of a Weasley product, such as a candy mock-up of Skiving Snack Boxes would sell amongst the fans for the pure novelty of the packaging. I also agree that getting rid of the cheap looking plastic and replacing things such as Remembralls and Omninoculars with higher quality woods, crystal and steel would bring up their sales.

I think he was joking about replacing plastic remembralls with real glass, because do you really think that they would be decently priced? Especially with the design of the remembrall, do you really think that if that was crystal that it would be reasonably priced? Enjoy this store (along with the others, which are even better and more authentic) for what it is... However, I will say, they do have a few good things for sale. I hope the yo yos your reffering to aren't screaming yo yos. If they are, your complaining about a canon product. They have some really cool products in Zonkos if you look. I've even seen in some photos what I believe are puking pastilles. And supposedly extendible ears will be for sale in August. Zonkos is lacking though. They do have many "ordinary" gags, but they do have some stuff.... Even Fanged Flyers (I've come up with my own story as to why the name was changed and it could fit with the story of Harry Potter, so use your imagination for things like that. Be glad we have this physical place we can go to!!!)...

Last edited:
I think he was joking about replacing plastic remembralls with real glass, because do you really think that they would be decently priced? Especially with the design of the remembrall, do you really think that if that was crystal that it would be reasonably priced? Enjoy this store (along with the others, which are even better and more authentic) for what it is... However, I will say, they do have a few good things for sale. I hope the yo yos your reffering to aren't screaming yo yos. If they are, your complaining about a canon product. They have some really cool products in Zonkos if you look. I've even seen in some photos what I believe are puking pastilles. And supposedly extendible ears will be for sale in August. Zonkos is lacking though. They do have many "ordinary" gags, but they do have some stuff.... Even Fanged Flyers (I've come up with my own story as to why the name was changed and it could fit with the story of Harry Potter, so use your imagination for things like that. Be glad we have this physical place we can go to!!!)...

I would rather pay more for a real looking remembrall than something that looks like a kids toy. Im a collector, not a child so why not offer both to choose from. And no, I was not referring to the screaming yo-yo(that I know is canon) but the ones that have different colored strings, and they even had something that looked like a Barrel of Monkeys. I'm more than glad we have this place to go to. It was hot, it was crowded, there were line for everything, and I loved every minute of it beyond words. I just didnt care much for the product selection in Zonko's and wouldn't mind a few more things to choose from. But all in all, I have no true complaints on the land. I spent a ton of money, and had a blast.

I was NOT joking. When I say Polish Crystal Remembrall... I meant just that... with a gold plated brass ring. I really mean it! People want this stuff to display in their homes and not something to play with. I truly mean $49 - $150 products in Zonkos that are of display quality! People want the real deal to display, or wear... it is absolutely evident in what has sold out. Cheap tricks are not selling... brooms, framed marauders maps and on and on are selling. If someone wants cheap, then there are t-shirts. Otherwise, great classic items from the books made from reasonably high quality materials are what is selling. Who here would buy a crystal ampule of Slughorn's darkest memory in a display stand? Seeing what I have seen in recent weeks... it seems they might sell out rather quickly. I think they could make a killing on a few character's ampule memories if the quality was high.

Last edited:
I was NOT joking. When I say Polish Crystal Remembrall... I meant just that... with a gold plated brass ring. I really mean it! People want this stuff to display in their homes and not something to play with. I truly mean $49 - $150 products in Zonkos that are of display quality! People want the real deal to display, or wear... it is absolutely evident in what has sold out. Cheap tricks are not selling... brooms, framed marauders maps and on and on. If someone wants cheap, then there are t-shirts. Otherwise, great classic items from the books made from reasonably high quality materials are what is selling. Who here would buy a crystal ampule of Slughorn's darkest memory in a display stand? Seeing what I have seen in recent weeks... it seems they might sell out rather quickly. I think they could make a killing on a few character's ampule memories if the quality was high.

Yeah, and families don't want their children crying because they couldn't buy "their" wand because it's real wood and handcrafted and therefore too expensive... And excuse me, the brooms are quality? I can very much detect that the Nimbus 2001 tail is plastic... I think there are people willing to spend money on those things, but I, along with many other Potter fans, can not. Universal has made a very authentic experience, be grateful for what you have, and realize what is and isn't possible. Imagine what would happen if the rememberalls were glass... Considering how crowded shops are now, I can very easily see someone bumping into it (or even a child handling it) and making it fall off. And we all know how that truns out (child handling things "Can you pay for this? Then don't touch!" imagine that situation with the rememberall that a small child wants. Now imagine that child dropping it and the parent having to shell out $50)

Absolutely Teebin. The collector items are what a good majority of the fans are after. Personally speaking, I went more for the high end items although not much was left. I can see having some of the products made of cheaper quality which would be easier on the parental pocket, but things like Remembralls and such should also have a higher quality collector counterpart offered. I'd love to have a glass or crystal remembrall on a brass frame that swirls red smoke inside the globe and I'd happily pay top dollar for it. It would also be awesome to have things like beautifully designed pensives, school trunks, a potions set ect, of course not in Zonko's but in general.