Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Potter Rides Finally Getting Express

Just to clarify, it's unlimited rides on all the Harry Potter attractions with the Express? At Hollywood's Gate A, you can only do front of the line once per attraction.
It depends on the type of Express you have. If you get the standard Express, that only allows you one time through the Express line on each attraction, or if you have the unlimited Express (like what you get with staying at one of the deluxe Universal resorts) you can go through all of the Express lines as many times as you want.

Hogwarts Express as a means of transit between the parks was probably just mostly ruined for me. Yay pay to cut the lines!

Thanks, appreciate the responses. Was going to Orlando in October for HHN anyway, and was already staying at a hotel for Express, so this is now an unexpected bonus for us!

Hmmm. First trip in August, and staying at CBBR. Wasn't too worried about express passes, partially because I have a *huge* HP fan and they didn't do express anyway.
I still don't think the express is in our budget. Any tips for non-expressers at the on-site-non-express-hotel? (Very new to Universal, and figuring this all out bit by bit. :bonk:So.Much.Information.)

Hmmm. First trip in August, and staying at CBBR. Wasn't too worried about express passes, partially because I have a *huge* HP fan and they didn't do express anyway.
I still don't think the express is in our budget. Any tips for non-expressers at the on-site-non-express-hotel? (Very new to Universal, and figuring this all out bit by bit. :bonk:So.Much.Information.)
If you don't have early entry, go to the park that doesn't have early entry first! Usually Hogsmeade has early entry. In that case you'd go to Diagon first, be there before the park opens so you're some of the first to get in when it does. And do Gringotts first. That'll be the shortest the line will be until the end of the day. After the ride I enjoy the area. Shopping, butterbeer ice cream, Ollivanders, etc. then take the train over to the other land and hope the line has died down during lunch hour.

The official website lists which park has early entry on the hours page. If you were to go to the one with early entry first the Potter ride will already have a long line from the hotel guests that got there before the park opens.

Express on Gringotts this weekend was a mess. Tickets being handed out, a lot of confusion, and a lot of confused employees as well.

We tend to use Express (when we have it) as a means to shorten walks. Does Express do something like cut out the Kings Cross walk (or whatever the London station is called)?

I know it won't happen, but I really hope the castle tours get reinstated soon. I like the idea of being able to walk that queue at your own pace. Especially if you're prone to motion sickness or doing a child swap, it's a great way to kill time.

I know it won't happen, but I really hope the castle tours get reinstated soon. I like the idea of being able to walk that queue at your own pace. Especially if you're prone to motion sickness or doing a child swap, it's a great way to kill time.

The problem with the castle tour was always that the standby line actually sees more of the castle. You see the major scenes, but to see it all you have to wait in the standby line.

Surely you can just wait in standby and tell the TMs you don't want to actually ride when you get to the loading platform?

Surely you can just wait in standby and tell the TMs you don't want to actually ride when you get to the loading platform?

We used to keep a box of kittens right at the entrance, so we could drown them whenever we suggested doing so, because the way people reacted when we suggested it was as if we'd done so anyways.

We used the box of punting-puppies less often - they were reserved for when the standby line was a walk through of less than 10mins and we suggested people go that way instead of using express.

Universal site has yet to update the rides that utilize Express. Are they just slow to update or could this mean something else? I'm going in August (Portofino) so I hope this is not some sort of trial run. Any thoughts? Am I being paranoid?

How have the wait times been now that Express Pass has been added? Are the standby lines longer? And how long are the express lines?

How have the wait times been now that Express Pass has been added? Are the standby lines longer? And how long are the express lines?
I've been checking them daily on Touring Plans. FJ seems the same as before. Gringotts appears a bit longer than before. HE is about the same, both ways.