Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Potter Rides Finally Getting Express

If you don't have early entry, go to the park that doesn't have early entry first! Usually Hogsmeade has early entry. In that case you'd go to Diagon first, be there before the park opens so you're some of the first to get in when it does. And do Gringotts first. That'll be the shortest the line will be until the end of the day. After the ride I enjoy the area. Shopping, butterbeer ice cream, Ollivanders, etc. then take the train over to the other land and hope the line has died down during lunch hour.

The official website lists which park has early entry on the hours page. If you were to go to the one with early entry first the Potter ride will already have a long line from the hotel guests that got there before the park opens.

Just noticed this comment.. Resort guests will also ride Hogwarts Express to the second park as it is opening. Only way to beat them is to join them.

Just noticed this comment.. Resort guests will also ride Hogwarts Express to the second park as it is opening. Only way to beat them is to join them.

As of early June, the HE does not even open until 9:00 (or whenever the other park opening is). You can definitely rope-drop the non-EPA park and get to HP first, as they usually start letting people in 10 or so minutes early.

i was pretty surprised that the HE did not do this "unofficial early entry" as well, so maybe we just got unlucky with some OCD TMs. :)

As of early June, the HE does not even open until 9:00 (or whenever the other park opening is). You can definitely rope-drop the non-EPA park and get to HP first, as they usually start letting people in 10 or so minutes early.

i was pretty surprised that the HE did not do this "unofficial early entry" as well, so maybe we just got unlucky with some OCD TMs. :)

Well it certainly depends on when HE can open for the day, but if Gringotts goes down then FJ scrambles to open along with HE and they route guests to it prior to IOA opening.

I've been checking them daily on Touring Plans. FJ seems the same as before. Gringotts appears a bit longer than before. HE is about the same, both ways.

I think I crowds are a bit down overall. Hogwarts Express has been mostly a walk on the last two times I was there other than the afternoon park hopping glut. The standby lines are moving more slowly, don't doubt it, they're just not always very long.

Gringotts seems to have more actual express users than Forbidden Journey. Forbidden Journey appears to have no express signage, just a student constantly asking for express to go a different way past the lockers.

My last Gringotts ride was a 40 minute wait that started inside the lobby. My last FJ ride was about 35 minutes from the doorway into the castle from the greenhouse, and it moved slowly enough for the dark arts classroom to start repeating.