Power Up Cafe | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Power Up Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just looked it up for the same sized pretzel you can get it for half the price or a HUGE one for the same price as this cafe

If they keep it busy good for them but....just insane people will come to this when 50 feet away is the same kinda snacks for half the price....I love Nintendo but this places prices are kinda insane

I thought you wanted Universal/Nintendo to make money?

I'm just ribbin' ya.
skull GIF

It's a gimmick product sold at the commensurate price. I get it's expensive, but it's a theme park, guys!
The pretzel is double the price of a genric one next door....lol

Anyway just pointing it out, if it makes money cool but...I just know I can't afford 26+ bucks on a snack and drink most times i go.

I was wondering if the food/snack/drink prices have increased throughout the park after seeing the prices for this "themed" quick-service offering..
We will see, I think the better bet would be to just have every location have a "theme" and you can sell it for whatever you want but double many will pay 13 bucks for pretzel that is just normal. Maybe some will but feel like many will just ignore those, plus most other theme parks would have to do the same if your selling a item for 5 bucks more then DIsney, I feel like people will notice

The pretzel is double the price of a genric one next door....lol

Anyway just pointing it out, if it makes money cool but...I just know I can't afford 26+ bucks on a snack and drink most times i go.

Do you want the Nintendo stuff to make money or not?

This product isn't meant to be purchased every time you go.

Reactions: Nico and highdefrex
Do you want the Nintendo stuff to make money or not?

This product isn't meant to be purchased every time you go.
I gave my two cents

If people want snacks and drinks to be 13+ bucks cool

But I don't see myself ever buying these again, but if the market can demand it good....and then maybe it will push them to I dont know do events at the parks if they can make this kinda money then there is ZEROOOOO excuses in bring more events to the parks if you can make 13 bucks off a pretzel and popcorn

I gave my two cents

But I don't see myself ever buying these again, but if the market can demand it good....and then maybe it will push them to I dont know do events at the parks if they can make this kinda money then there is ZEROOOOO excuses in bring more events to the parks if you can make 13 bucks off a pretzel and popcorn

No one wants snacks and drinks to be $13 - but it's not a generic pretzel, it's a Nintendo pretzel, inside a theme park; so it's going to get that bump.

I gave my two cents

It’s not meant to be an every time thing my guy. Sorry you can’t have a Nintendo pretzel every time you go but I guarantee they’re still making plenty of money to where they don’t need yours.

You talk about how you want more Nintendo because it’s an obvious money maker. Well here’s more Nintendo and you still are finding complaints.

Get the cheaper pretzel next door and pretend it’s the Nintendo one, don’t know what else to tell you aside from you can’t keep moving the goal posts. It’s impossible to have a conversation with someone who’s always moving them.

Last edited:
Idk. The food at universal is genuinely a rip off. Disney is expensive but it’s definitely a couple steps above universal. Knotts even has a fake chipotle inside that’s better than anything universal offers for a competive price. BUT it’s not shaped like a star that’s forsure.

Idk. The food at universal is genuinely a rip off. Disney is expensive but it’s definitely a couple steps above universal. Knotts even has a fake chipotle inside that’s better than anything universal offers for a competive price. BUT it’s not shaped like a star that’s forsure.

It's all a rip-off. :lol: I'm not proud to pay $10 for a corndog, but dang it, I do it anyway.

Universal Studios Hollywood has officially soft-opened the Power Up Cafe, which will officially open on February 15, 2024.

I'm looking at the menus now.

The smaller, reheated SUPERPRETZEL brand is $5.99.

The other "standard" pretzels, including over at the mouse, are $12.99 - which is comparable to the Fire Flower Pretzel.

The Nintendo pretzel is a dollar more....

Last edited: