Pretzels | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Pretzels

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sea World/Busch Gardens wins the in-park Pretzel Wars with the Bacon Fury. And the fact they have some craft brews to wash it down with is definitely a plus.
1115171112_HDR.jpg

Their lemonade is really underrated and goes great with the pretzels. I seriously hope Universal is going to expand the AA stands to other areas of the parks because the parkwide pretzels get hard really fast. I never understood why that's still an issue after all these years; Disney used to have hard pretzels but that changed once the Mickey pretzels were brought over.
The mickey pretzels are made by the same company that does all the theme parks regular pretzels. The key to keeping pretzels soft is making sure there is water added to the reservoir in the machine and the humidity control knob is adjusted to keep the pretzels just moist enough without melting the salt off. I don't think universal uses the humidity feature causing the super pretzels to get hard quickly.

There used to be a restaurant at Winter Park Village called TAPS that had a quality Bavarian pretzel. It was a go-to appetizer for me. Shame it converted into something.

Alamo Drafthouse pretzels aren't terrible either.

funny pretzel story...I was on a first date someone and we went to this bar/restaurant, and she went to the bathroom to wash our hands. I ordered two large pretzels for the table, and she came back and told me she didn't eat carbs or was gluten free or some crap, so I ate them both in front of her.

That was our last date sadly.

funny pretzel story...I was on a first date someone and we went to this bar/restaurant, and she went to the bathroom to wash our hands. I ordered two large pretzels for the table, and she came back and told me she didn't eat carbs or was gluten free or some crap, so I ate them both in front of her.

Why "sadly?" You got to eat TWO pretzels!

Can't or won't eat carbs? You and I won't work. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Glad it didn't take until two dates to find that out.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Walked by the Cinnebon many a time but they look too rich for my tastes....I never saw an Auntie Ann's in my neck of the woods until this year.Now, it appears a bunch of them popped up. Kennywood even had two locations for their Holiday Festival this season.

figured one or two company's own all the malls in the US...I think most of the malls down here have at least three AA's in them...I had to laugh when we got a snack at one in the mall this weekend and I learned they where from Philly (or at least PA)

*waits for this thread to get derailed by funnel cake talk*

This is my new favorite thread, BTW.

I was going to say that I think my wife associates funnel cakes w/ fairs and now I think my daughter will associated cinnamon pretzel nuggets with UoR, but I won't.

The soft pretzels at Wawa will do in a pinch when I want a Philly style soft pretzel. Philly does good food all around.

Philly styled, wow, just realized my favorite sub place down here makes Philly styled subs (or grinders or heroes...I always forget where I am...

I ate Auntie Ann's for the first time last June by the amazing adventures of Spider-Man ride. I smelled something really good and just ended up in front of the small stand. The first bite I took of that cinnamon sugar pretzel, I think all I ate that day were AA's pretzels. AMAZING.

That's my daughter...at the mall...at UNI, her nose found them dang cinnamon nuggets in both parks and she just needed to get some then and there....

may not be a pretzel outright, but I highly recommend the pretzel foot long hot dog at whakawaiwai eats in Volcano Bay. While i agree that Universal's "soft" pretzels usually aren't great, the pretzel bun is perfectly soft and when paired with the bacon and pineapple on top its nearly unbeatable.

I'm assuming the Auntie Ann's pretzels in CityWalk taste the exact same as the Auntie Ann's pretzels at every mall in America, right?