Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Project 727

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the title. I'll reserve judgement on the concept until I see more. Fallon seemed genuinely excited:whoo:. He'll certainly be more co operative than Daniel Radcliff has been with HP since the initial opening. Of course, Jimmy is still on the payroll. :shades:

This is seriously terrible. I hate to be so negative on something that has just been announced but there is seriously a 10% chance this is gonna be good. Like it just sounds like a bad MGM studios ride like "sounds dangerous with drew Carey". Just a famous name, plastered over a lame idea with the same tech we've seen multiple times throughout the same park. I have to give universal credit for replacing old and lame rides like twister and disaster but these replacements are both very questionable in their own different ways. 2017 is gonna be a really REALLY odd year for universal, whatever though I'll probably still be on that kong high so whatever happens happens. Also please for the love of god make that not be the facade

This is seriously terrible. I hate to be so negative on something that has just been announced but there is seriously a 10% chance this is gonna be good. Like it just sounds like a bad MGM studios ride like "sounds dangerous with drew Carey". Just a famous name, plastered over a lame idea with the same tech we've seen multiple times throughout the same park. I have to give universal credit for replacing old and lame rides like twister and disaster but these replacements are both very questionable in their own different ways. 2017 is gonna be a really REALLY odd year for universal, whatever though I'll probably still be on that kong high so whatever happens happens. Also please for the love of god make that not be the facade
In my opinion, I don't think it will be all that bad.From the Universal Blog, it sounds like a ramped up version of Soarin. And that just happens to be Disney's most popular ride at Epcot. It's not going to be a great E ticket like Kong. But, if the writing is good, it could be a decent D ticket for a space that's too small for Universal's usual super great attractions. I'll wait to see how it turns out before I condemn it. If they get it right, it could be amusing & entertaining like Despicable Me. I think the script will be really important for this attraction. It will sink or swim on that.

Sounds exactly as I had been imagining it as and it just seems terrible and a quick and cheap way to give their pretty boy a spot in their marquee resort. Knowing the size of the building and the demand this will likely have, the lines will likely be huge too (small capacity), meaning I won't bother with it.

Hope i'm wrong about this and F&F, I just don't have a good feeling about either.

Ride doesn't sound terrible imo. If they make a great story then the ride will be awesome....This also could be the first ride where something doesn't go wrong in the storyline.

In my opinion, I don't think it will be all that bad.From the Universal Blog, it sounds like a ramped up version of Soarin. And that just happens to be Disney's most popular ride at Epcot. It's not going to be a great E ticket like Kong. But, if the writing is good, it could be a decent D ticket for a space that's too small for Universal's usual super great attractions. I'll wait to see how it turns out before I condemn it. If they get it right, it could be amusing & entertaining like Despicable Me. I think the script will be really important for this attraction. It will sink or swim on that.

If the ride system was going to be from this millennium maybe I'd see it like this. But it's not so...

:shrug:

Minion Mayhem ride system is also outdated as crap but still a hugely popular ride. I understand the hate if you don't like Fallon but other than that, there really is none.

You're right, having two 90s era simulator rides RIGHT next to each other is a great idea!
I'm not a big proponent of this ride, but you do have to take into account the limited space they have to work with in the Twister building/area. At least we'll be getting a much better facade out of this.

Minion Mayhem is something i'd much rather see go (rip up the inside and start over), but unfortunately it's an incredibly popular franchise. They can't just get rid of it unless they replace it with another Minions ride.

The wisdom of placing another (presumably) 3D attraction within a literal stone’s throw of Minion Mayhem, Shrek, and Transformers escapes me. An old-fashioned “flying theater” simulator seems like the last thing the park needs at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.