Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With such a large amount of land his article mentions, could this be for a hyper coaster?

This part of Project 766 encompasses only 7.5 acres within this entire area. I think the thing that really is messing with everyone is the fact that the next phase may or may not still be considered 766. Think CBR its project number encompasses several projects over different phases combined into one project number. Finally you can pretty much blame all of us for having these numbers :lol: We to good :thumbs:

This part of Project 766 encompasses only 7.5 acres within this entire area. I think the thing that really is messing with everyone is the fact that the next phase may or may not still be considered 766. Think CBR its project number encompasses several projects over different phases combined into one project number. Finally you can pretty much blame all of us for having these numbers :lol: We to good :thumbs:

His article made it sound like it was going around the back behind MIB and stretching to the river the Hard Rock and covering a decent amoutn of land, At least that is what I took away from his article. Im just confused with all these different projects and rumors going on :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Again, unless he has actual plans, the area he's talking about is "Basin A" drainage map.

Is there a drainage map floating around out there at all?

Also, looking at that map, there would be a 5.22 acre building for the project, with a reduction of 5.44 acres in asphalt. The only place that's possible, from my measurements, would be on the Employee Parking Lot.

It's kinda odd that the letter and the chart at the top of the figure show a different amount of pervious surface being added.

Of note though:
They asked for a 5.44 acre reduction in asphalt/roadway, a 5.19 acre addition in buildings and walkways remain unchanged.

Also of note is the request was approved "for removal of existing impervious and the construction of a new building, sidewalks and road resuilting in an increase of 0.22 acres of pervious area within Basin A"

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looking at that map, there would be a 5.22 acre building for the project, with a reduction of 5.44 acres in asphalt. The only place that's possible, from my measurements, would be on the Employee Parking Lot.

And looks like while I got distracted you already posted the first part

There's really not much to go on as of now. Everyone should probably just wait and see until more info comes out or someone is willing to spill the beans. It's nice to have a project number though. That really helps with Orlando's new website.

I did a ruff illustration of the size, note that it would not represent the actual position or orientation.

766size.png

I did a ruff illustration of the size, note that it would not represent the actual position or orientation.

766size.png

If you were to assume parking garage, something that size would probably have to be 5 stories to cover current parking, bring the team members back from the guest parking structure, and accommodate the projected growth. (Don't forget to consider that part of the space would be taken up with ramps).

If course that also uses the assumption that the remaining parking lot would be used for something else in the future.

Thanks, Skip! This is very telling, if indeed we're looking forward to new stuff throughout the entire area marked :thumbs:

To me this looks like groundwork, in the literal and idiomatic way. It does not touch the KidZone or old Hard Rock Cafe areas, as the project's area outline stops just shy of these. But what it does cover is two other key areas: the TM parking lot and the plot between MiB and Simpsons.

iTBF1bfeFWEVt.PNG

As HTF is hinting, this seems to be the beginning two projects (or at least more than one). I am guessing these would be the TM parking structure in the existing parking lot, and the other being whatever attraction or land they have in mind for the plot East of MiB. The former is great news, but I'm really intrigued and excited about the latter.

iWaSaNgpxznp6.PNG

Observing the most North Eastern area depicted in the rendering is particularly interesting... (And revealing?) First, it looks like there would still be some backstage area right above Simpsons. The parade building, the tents (if shifted just a bit), and additional backstage area seem safely in place for now.

Then, another important thing to note is how the project's area covers the whole MiB building and some additional land South East of it. While I don't think we're losing MiB, to me this looks like work will be done all in this area to create the transition space that would lead to the new attraction / land.

Overall, very interesting to examine this plan, and it raises lots of questions and possibilities for what could come and how it will all fit. Thanks again, Skip! :cheers:

Oh, and by the way, if we're going by the area marked in this plan, we can (as expected) nix the possibility of any attraction in the TM parking lot area. Unlike the plot by MiB, where there's a path leading to it, the TM parking lot remains locked in by backstage area. At least for now... Although it would seem rather awkward to have anything back there, anyways.

ib1rSkPnLMVEMX.PNG

Last edited:
Again, as I've said a few times already, this is NOT the project outline. It is the outline of "Drainage Basin A", and nothing more.

There's still the possibility that this same area is what we're looking at for future development, and although this plan is for that drainage of basin A purpose, there could be more work to come for this project that covers the same extent of area :shrug:

There's still the possibility that this same area is what we're looking at for future development, and although this plan is for that drainage of basin A purpose, there could be more work to come for this project that covers the same extent of area :shrug:

Of course. But I'm trying to keep people's expectations realistic, especially about this project number that reads as parking improvements only. Someone sees "Project Outline" and assumes that's what it is.:thumbs:

Is it common for one project number to assume more than one project, when they're completely unrelated? A TM parking garage IS coming...maybe the project in question is something else, but since we do know a parking garage is in the plans, it seems safe to assume that's what it's for. So then why would Universal designate an unrelated project on the other side of the park the same project number? I feel like this is another rumor like the Monster's Cafe re-do that will just end up being what it looks like on the surface...nothing more, nothing to get excited over.

Also, just to add some more info.

The documents say there will be one building added to the Basin, which would be 5.5 acres. If that's the case, and it is only one building and also an attraction, it'd be the biggest attraction building at the resort. Over 2x bigger than any other attraction building at Universal

From everything I'm seeing I'm going to have to go with JungleSkip on this one.

Most of what we know comes from a permit filing with South Florida Water Management District. In this filing they asked for a 5.44 acre reduction in asphalt/roadway, a 5.19 acre addition in buildings and walkways remain unchanged. In the approval letter the water management district approved "for removal of existing impervious and the construction of a new building, sidewalks and road resulting in an increase of 0.22 acres of pervious area within Basin A"

The short version of all that. For what is approved right now they are going to take up asphalt and replace it with a single structure. The expansion plot is not paved so the parking lot is the only area with that much asphalt. Also no new walkways were included in the plan, which would obviously be needed for expansion.

There could be more to this project down the road, but there are no signs of that in this filing. They will have to go back to the water management district for approval at that point.

Btw, it has already been approved by SFWMD which may be the quickest turnaround I've seen for a Universal project. Which makes it more likely that its the parking lot. All the work was done last year, just needed a modification.