Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Fallon some how crashes and burns, it'd take about a week to turn this into a SNL attraction.
It'd also take the push of a button to close the attraction and turn off the lights in the mean time. It's not like Uni doesn't control whether it's open or not.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Tina Fey would be an awesome "guest" and an easy get. Maybe a 3 way race with Fallon, Fey, and Timberlake.
I don't wanna sound greedy, but if we were to get Tiny Fey, we might as well go for Amy Poehler too. They love working together.

Isn't it time for everyone to shift over to the F&F thread and talk about how dreadful that will be? Perhaps the Hulk thread to discuss it's destruction and how the replacement will be horribly designed and the coaster won't feel the same. Better yet, let's all hop into the Kong thread and start some rumors on how that will likely fail miserably. :blank:

Isn't it time for everyone to shift over to the F&F thread and talk about how dreadful that will be? Perhaps the Hulk thread to discuss it's destruction and how the replacement will be horribly designed and the coaster won't feel the same. Better yet, let's all hop into the Kong thread and start some rumors on how that will likely fail miserably. :blank:
What about Nintendo? Surely that will be a gigantic flop.

it would be funny if this was a great race type of ride where a whole bunch of celebrities are racing through new York. i can see it now jimmy Fallon in a Fallon RV jack black in a weird tich d vehicle and Kayne west will be a kinda dick dastardly kind of villain where he just spews his catchphrases like ima gonna let you finish and George bush hates black people while useing dirty tricks and at the end he steals the trophy

Not every attraction Universal does needs to be an epic game changing E-ticket. Twister was outdated and was in need of a replacement. At least this attraction is one that fits the New York theme and will draw interest from the general public. I'm not a huge Jimmy Fallon fan, but people do love him. I doubt this is a long term attraction anyways. Ghostbusters wasn't and I don't believe Twister was supposed to be originally either.

it would be funny if this was a great race type of ride where a whole bunch of celebrities are racing through new York. i can see it now jimmy Fallon in a Fallon RV jack black in a weird tich d vehicle and Kayne west will be a kinda dick dastardly kind of villain where he just spews his catchphrases like ima gonna let you finish and George bush hates black people while useing dirty tricks and at the end he steals the trophy
:saywhat:

So, Bill and Ted's '15 Redux.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Well, your complaint is that all Universal does is simulators. And using simulators is lazy. Sounds to me like you are calling Universal lazy.

Name one calm AA oriented dark ride built since Epcot opened that feels state of the art today. The closest thing would be the mine scene in 7DMT. But 5 mins of that with no coaster portions would be boring.

And I am curious as to the F&F coming to Orlando being lazy. It's going to be a $90 million state of the attraction. Custom trackless ride vehicles and state of the art projection technology doesn't sound lazy to me. Don't worry your test track-ish ride is coming. And Kong is more SCREENZZZ!!!!!!! Lazy!!!!!'
I don't think EFG is lazy, teebin has said Kong will have practical sets and AAs. That's not lazy. And those aren't simulators. I've called out Disney for simply overlaying rides and calling them new. I don't see a difference with Simpsons and DM, but I do understand space limitations. From what I've heard F&F is a simulator on a huge plot of land; a clone from Hollywood. That's lazy. If you know different than that, great!

I'm not getting pulled into the screen debate or have my argument narrowed into that crap or fall for the antagonism to do so... Nice try though.

I still want more variety. And your argument about AA attractions not looking state of the art now is moot. American Adventure, Pirates, rides that have had new AA tech in place in those slow moving dark rides look phenomenal. And they actually have those rides along with with other ride tech attractions. That is what I want from UNI. VARIETY. KONG has me real excited.

I don't think EFG is lazy, teebin has said Kong will have practical sets and AAs. That's not lazy. And those aren't simulators. I've called out Disney for simply overlaying rides and calling them new. I don't see a difference with Simpsons and DM, but I do understand space limitations. From what I've heard F&F is a simulator on a huge plot of land; a clone from Hollywood. That's lazy. If you know different than that, great!

I'm not getting pulled into the screen debate or have my argument narrowed into that crap or fall for the antagonism to do so... Nice try though.

I still want more variety. And your argument about AA attractions not looking state of the art now is moot. American Adventure, Pirates, rides that have had new AA tech in place in those slow moving dark rides look phenomenal. And they actually have those rides along with with other ride tech attractions. That is what I want from UNI. VARIETY. KONG has me real excited.
Well, aside from sims, uni is building a high tech roller coaster and a state of the art water park. I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't believe they will be using simulated water.

Last edited:
Reactions: misterID
I agree that F&F feels lazy, especially considering its huge plot. You could fit 1 and 1/2 Test Tracks in there. If anything, I feel like it's a bigger disappointment (so far) than Fallon. Fallon at least looks like it will be the best for what they can do, but F&F? Eh...

Also (a bit late on this one), I think a new Madagasgar dark ride could end up being a good addition. And it would fit in New York too, as the movie begins at the Central Park Zoo, which could be the queue.

trying to get onto topic..because this ship is sinking as it is.

Wasn't it said that this project may be in the range of early-spring 2017 on the forums a while back? It would make sense, considering the odds.