Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

I would like the Fallon ride more if he didn't talks nonstop.

I will second the low crowds. Barely had to wait for anything yesterday. The Tonight Show skipped the virtual queue and had walk on the entire day
Real slow week at WDW also. Some level one crowds up there even. Rarely see that anymore. ...Just a slow week breather after eight weeks of pretty big crowds.

Can also confirm the Fallon VIP Tour. Got to do it last year in October and there's a great view from up there!

How did you find out about it? Apparently they just randomly offered it to the person I quoted from Twitter. Did you already know about it, or just randomly ask, or was it offered to you? I'm surprised it's not more well known since it's been available since at least last year! Crazy...

PS: Awesome pic!

How did you find out about it? Apparently they just randomly offered it to the person I quoted from Twitter. Did you already know about it, or just randomly ask, or was it offered to you? I'm surprised it's not more well known since it's been available since at least last year! Crazy...

PS: Awesome pic!
I had heard about it somewhere on the internet. The whole week we were trying to do the Mummy tour but they were always understaffed. On our last day in the parks we managed to get the tour and were elated! Our guide said he used to work at RTNY and could probably get us a tour there too. Sure enough he passed us off to a TM there and we got the tour.

It's mostly just a walk through of the queue explaining some little tidbits about the previous hosts, but the part I was looking forward to was the VIP deck area and getting to peek into the control room!

Real slow week at WDW also. Some level one crowds up there even. Rarely see that anymore. ...Just a slow week breather after eight weeks of pretty big crowds.

Is this pretty normal for mid/end of April? I’m trying to plan our trip for next year. I’d hate to take the kids out of school, but the summer crowds and heat don’t mix well! :)

Is this pretty normal for mid/end of April? I’m trying to plan our trip for next year. I’d hate to take the kids out of school, but the summer crowds and heat don’t mix well! :)
after Thanksgiving like first week of December is goo d too. You get the holiday stuff w/o crowds. Plus on-site hotel rates are at their cheapest. If that's a factor

Next year Easter will be later. Mid April & late April will be busy next year. ....Easter, and the spring breaks around it kind of signal crowd levels. Easter was early this year, so the crowded conditions played out early.....Beginning May thru mid May is generally a pretty good time to visit.

Rode this yesterday for the first time. It had a walk on 5 min wait all day. I can see why. Worst "ride" I've ever been on. Literally boring. Just my opinion of course.

Rode for the first time! I liked the actual ride, in fact it was better than expected. However the wait was terribly boring. I had an express pass but it didn't seem to do much. I think not knowing how many more waiting areas you have to go through makes it seem longer. Each room we were moved into only kept us entertained for a couple minutes and then we just felt antsy. The panda character made us laugh but that was the only part of the wait that was fun. I do think it's much nicer than Twister overall. Only not as unique, this just seemed like a generic 3D ride. But a well done ride. It was about an hour experience overall and we were expecting to be in and out in under 30 minutes. I probably wouldn't do it again unless I knew it would be a very short wait.

Rode for the first time! I liked the actual ride, in fact it was better than expected. However the wait was terribly boring. I had an express pass but it didn't seem to do much. I think not knowing how many more waiting areas you have to go through makes it seem longer. Each room we were moved into only kept us entertained for a couple minutes and then we just felt antsy. The panda character made us laugh but that was the only part of the wait that was fun. I do think it's much nicer than Twister overall. Only not as unique, this just seemed like a generic 3D ride. But a well done ride. It was about an hour experience overall and we were expecting to be in and out in under 30 minutes. I probably wouldn't do it again unless I knew it would be a very short wait.
The Ragtime Gals are the most entertaining part of the wait. Did you get to see them? One time I kept skipping when I was supposed to get in line just so I can see their entire act.

Yeah one of the theaters has been down 2 out of the 5 times we've ridden. This does make the wait painfully long. Luckily when we went last week they now have an announcement that states "the ride is operating at a limited capacity" which I believe means one of the theaters is down. So if you hear this be prepared to wait quite a long time. Especially if you had to use a virtual queue to get in.

If both theaters are up the wait is absolutely perfect. It usually only takes 20 minutes and it's so nice to sit down to rest your legs and watch the entertainment while waiting.

Hey all quick question! Would anyone have a source recording of the Roots' melody/drum beat played in the preshow room before the preshow actually starts? It's really catchy! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hey all quick question! Would anyone have a source recording of the Roots' melody/drum beat played in the preshow room before the show actually starts? It's really catchy! Thanks a lot!
I think if I remember correctly Universal actually posted it on YouTube prior to the ride opening.

I think if I remember correctly Universal actually posted it on YouTube prior to the ride opening.
Not quite it (although catchy lol...) It's the song that plays while waiting for that song/video to start. It's instrumental too if that helps at all..