1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Oct 28, 2015.

1. tankart150

tankart150 Member

It’s because it’s another screen simulator in a screen simulator saturated park.
    The park used to have attractions that contained practical sets, animatronics, real immersive environments, etc.
    And it’s also because of the absurdity of the idea.
    How would you feel if WWE replaced Mummy?
    I do have to admit though, that the ride system on Fallon is really smooth :)

2. DuelingDragonskid

DuelingDragonskid Rookie

The simulators are in the old tornado room right?

tankart150 likes this.
  3. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

Somewhat. The entire structure had to be gutted, so it's kind of the same building.

tankart150 and universal_fanatic like this.
  4. Robert Bliss

Robert Bliss V.I.P.

I have not really gone enough to know patterns. I went the year it opened and had to wait in the lobby with express but this year we went straight to the stage area upstairs. We could have wandered around a bit downstairs before we went up because it took a while for our color to be called, but that's subjective to timing. The first year we did not see a live Ragtime performance but this year we did and saw them come out a couple of times, doing different bits each time. They sing the color changes, which is helpful when you don't know if you are holding yellow or orange in the lighting. My GF and I loved the live part, but didn't love the ride, so we only did it once each time we went.

tankart150 likes this.
  5. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

Hey, guess I'll jump into here and rejuvenate this. I'm fully aware that another screen-based attraction is not cool, the idea might be dumb, etc.

This is my biggest guilty pleasure ride in the park. I legitimately enjoyed the experience.

Teebin, Disneyhead and tielo like this.
  6. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

That is okay, I think Universal Creative did a great job with the limited space they had. There is a lot of fun packed in that small building.

TheCodeMan95 likes this.
  7. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

I mean, there's plenty of rides I like that everyone hates. Primeval Whirl is my guilty pleasure--honestly would probably really like Fallon if it were the same thing.

TheCodeMan95 likes this.
  8. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

I often wonder what the GSATs are for this ride.

9. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Good.

TheCodeMan95 likes this.
  10. OhHaiInternet95

SMDH. I'm honestly shocked (and happy) that F&F has low GSATs.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  11. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

I think the whole idea of Fallon is that people think of it as more than just the ride. My fiancée and I had an absolute blast looking around in the museum and playing the table games. The building itself is stunning. It's an experience in itself.

12. OhHaiInternet95

Yeah the museum/queue area is really nice. It's the ride itself I can't stand.

13. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

I hear great word of mouth about this ride, and terrible word of mouth about F&F from the same people. And these are not forum people in the slightest.. just average park visitors who will repeat this ride and say their whole group loved it, kids loved it and are quoting it. They also say F&F is one of the worst attractions they've been on, whole group disliked it, found it to be a huge waste of time, etc. I know we're mixed here but that's got to be a testament to the fact that they did something truly right with this.

14. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Fallon as a complete package isn’t *that bad*. I don’t think it lives up to my expectations or what the park should have added but it’s not actively incompetent or bad.

ThomasByrd, JPRA513, belloq87 and 2 others like this.
  15. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

I'll be one of the few to say I don't hate F&F as much as everyone seems to. I wouldn't say I like it, I don't think I'd wait more than 5-10 minutes for it. But I enjoyed walking through the queue, and I think they perfected the ride system with it. That being said, I actually love Kong.

With F&F, it's always going to have "what could have been" attached to it. Maybe one day they'll ditch it and build a truly great F&F attraction. But until then, I can deal with it being there. During my trip this year it consistently had 30-45 minute waits, so it's keeping people off the streets!

16. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    The more I've thought about it -- now a couple months removed from my last trip -- the more I think it's a perfectly fine attraction. The overall package, as you say, does have nice things to offer in terms of theming. Best AC in the park, too. I was there on a 94-degree day and it actually chilled me.

It's just one simulator too many, located next to the other simulator it's most similar too.

17. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Veteran Member

I think part of the problem is the expectations of what the ride should be. people obviously expect F&F to be... well, fast and furious. LOL

SeventyOne and TheCodeMan95 like this.
  18. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

And most people don't expect Fallon to be a ride at all. So they are pleasantly surprised.

19. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

For the small space Fallon is in, it works fine. Although I think SLoP would've fit there as well and that would've benefited the park as a whole a lot more.

therock and belloq87 like this.
  20. truejonas

truejonas Member

I'm not a big Fallon fan (more of a Kimmel person), but I like the ride from the moving theater experience alone. I personally think it's one of the best simulator experiences (especially for those who can't handle some of the jerkiness of Spidey or Transformers) that Universal has to offer.

As much as I like practical, I quietly hope that, when Fallon does get shown the door, they reuse the theater concept. I don't necessarily want five of them in the same park, but I'd like one.

TheCodeMan95 likes this.