Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

First time poster here! :grin:

Our family really liked Fallon! I don't understand all of the negatives for it.
It’s because it’s another screen simulator in a screen simulator saturated park.
The park used to have attractions that contained practical sets, animatronics, real immersive environments, etc.
And it’s also because of the absurdity of the idea.
How would you feel if WWE replaced Mummy?
I do have to admit though, that the ride system on Fallon is really smooth :)

How often is there a performance going on in the lounge? Even if the park is slow will you most likely still see the entertainment in the queue?

Also, its my understanding that express basically just bypasses the virtual line and just goes straight to the lounge. Is this true, or does express bypass the lounge entertainment too?

I haven't ridden yet but I wasn't a fan of the ride when it came out. The film looks really goofy and just plain silly/stupid. However, now that I know what to expect I hope I can enjoy it for what it is. I will find out later this week!
I have not really gone enough to know patterns. I went the year it opened and had to wait in the lobby with express but this year we went straight to the stage area upstairs. We could have wandered around a bit downstairs before we went up because it took a while for our color to be called, but that's subjective to timing. The first year we did not see a live Ragtime performance but this year we did and saw them come out a couple of times, doing different bits each time. They sing the color changes, which is helpful when you don't know if you are holding yellow or orange in the lighting. My GF and I loved the live part, but didn't love the ride, so we only did it once each time we went.

Hey, guess I'll jump into here and rejuvenate this. I'm fully aware that another screen-based attraction is not cool, the idea might be dumb, etc.

This is my biggest guilty pleasure ride in the park. I legitimately enjoyed the experience.

Hey, guess I'll jump into here and rejuvenate this. I'm fully aware that another screen-based attraction is not cool, the idea might be dumb, etc.

This is my biggest guilty pleasure ride in the park. I legitimately enjoyed the experience.
That is okay, I think Universal Creative did a great job with the limited space they had. There is a lot of fun packed in that small building.

I hear great word of mouth about this ride, and terrible word of mouth about F&F from the same people. And these are not forum people in the slightest.. just average park visitors who will repeat this ride and say their whole group loved it, kids loved it and are quoting it. They also say F&F is one of the worst attractions they've been on, whole group disliked it, found it to be a huge waste of time, etc. I know we're mixed here but that's got to be a testament to the fact that they did something truly right with this.

I hear great word of mouth about this ride, and terrible word of mouth about F&F from the same people. And these are not forum people in the slightest.. just average park visitors who will repeat this ride and say their whole group loved it, kids loved it and are quoting it. They also say F&F is one of the worst attractions they've been on, whole group disliked it, found it to be a huge waste of time, etc. I know we're mixed here but that's got to be a testament to the fact that they did something truly right with this.

I'll be one of the few to say I don't hate F&F as much as everyone seems to. I wouldn't say I like it, I don't think I'd wait more than 5-10 minutes for it. But I enjoyed walking through the queue, and I think they perfected the ride system with it. That being said, I actually love Kong.

With F&F, it's always going to have "what could have been" attached to it. Maybe one day they'll ditch it and build a truly great F&F attraction. But until then, I can deal with it being there. During my trip this year it consistently had 30-45 minute waits, so it's keeping people off the streets!

Fallon as a complete package isn’t *that bad*. I don’t think it lives up to my expectations or what the park should have added but it’s not actively incompetent or bad.

The more I've thought about it -- now a couple months removed from my last trip -- the more I think it's a perfectly fine attraction. The overall package, as you say, does have nice things to offer in terms of theming. Best AC in the park, too. I was there on a 94-degree day and it actually chilled me.

It's just one simulator too many, located next to the other simulator it's most similar too.

I'm not a big Fallon fan (more of a Kimmel person), but I like the ride from the moving theater experience alone. I personally think it's one of the best simulator experiences (especially for those who can't handle some of the jerkiness of Spidey or Transformers) that Universal has to offer.

As much as I like practical, I quietly hope that, when Fallon does get shown the door, they reuse the theater concept. I don't necessarily want five of them in the same park, but I'd like one.