Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've read all the back and fourth on reviews from theme park fans on here and Twitter but curious to see if anyone noticed the reaction of the general public coming off the ride and if there seemed to be a positive vibe from their experience on the ride?

Reactions: Blaw923 and LJGonz
I think this is an interesting point. If there wasn't already so much screenz, would this ride rate better?
I haven't had the chance to ride yet, but I'd think so, at least in terms of how it was executed. Transformers is a pretty good ride in a vacuum, but being able to point out exactly which parts were directly lifted from Spider-Man on one's very first ride definitely knocks it down a few pegs, and for those who end up riding Transformers first, it knocks some of the wind out of Spider-Man because the novelty is lost.

If Fallon is as cut-and-paste in relation to Despicable Me and Simpsons, I think that's going to knock it down as well, and it could end up hurting the previous rides in terms of guest satisfaction for first time guests if it is recieved well(why is Simpsons still here? It's just a dated version of the Jimmy Fallon ride).

I don't truly think there is screen fatigue, nor do I think reusing a ride system is inherently a bad thing. I think there is a fatigue from seeing the same three screen-based tricks. If I ride Spider-Man, I don't feel like I need to hit Transformers. It's the same way with Despicable Me and Simpsons, because they are nearly the same ride in many aspects. Much of Universal is beginning to feel like you can do half the park and get the full experience. This is really bad, especially when you are dealing with a company that *can* make compelling, unique attractions from the same ride system (MiB and Cat In The Hat, Gringotts and Mummy).

Going slightly off-topic, I think this is why there doesn't seem to be as much of a concern over Disney having two screen-heavy rides in Avatar Land, because Disney consistently proves that their use of screens does not mean that the rides will feel like modified copies of previous attractions. Universal has lost that trust from its consumer base, and seems unlikely to start winning it back until the next decade.

It's a challenge accepting this, when Universal has proven they can create rides like Forbidden Journey that have never been done before. Suddenly, all the new rides are just the same thing in a slightly different way. I truly hope they push boundaries with Nintendo.

Looks like you can no longer signup for the virtual queue outside the park. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1149.PNG
    IMG_1149.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 23
It's a challenge accepting this, when Universal has proven they can create rides like Forbidden Journey that have never been done before. Suddenly, all the new rides are just the same thing in a slightly different way. I truly hope they push boundaries with Nintendo.
Yes they really could have went even further with F&F idk why they took the route they did

Yes they really could have went even further with F&F idk why they took the route they did

Quick, easy additions. Boast new attractions, but without innovation. Which is fine, but we just gotta call a spade a spade when theme parks do this. The upside is they have truly built a new standard of queue with JF... Which is great, I just hope the queue holds up to repeat visits... could get old quick.