Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

I try to think of it like this - yes, there are a ton of simulators. But if there was only one other simulator in the park, and then they built Fallon, I think people would love it. I don't think burnout of a particular type of attraction should sour anyone on one attraction in particular.

But hey, that's just me. :bored:

The more I've thought about it -- now a couple months removed from my last trip -- the more I think it's a perfectly fine attraction. The overall package, as you say, does have nice things to offer in terms of theming. Best AC in the park, too. I was there on a 94-degree day and it actually chilled me.

It's just one simulator too many, located next to the other simulator it's most similar too.

Should be noted a lot of people were hoping, despite insistances from those with info, the ride would be a flying theater like Soarin or FoP.

Should be noted a lot of people were hoping, despite insistances from those with info, the ride would be a flying theater like Soarin or FoP.

I haven't had the pleasure of FoP yet (and probably won't for at minimum another year), but I always think Soarin' is overrated. Maybe when it first came out it was all that and a bag of chips, but it's never been something I've wanted to stand in an hour-long line for.

(Disclaimer: I have not been on Soarin' since 2012, so my opinion of it is rooted in a high school senior's frame of mind.)

I try to think of it like this - yes, there are a ton of simulators. But if there was only one other simulator in the park, and then they built Fallon, I think people would love it. I don't think burnout of a particular type of attraction should sour anyone on one attraction in particular.

But hey, that's just me. :bored:
People do love Fallon.

For some reason I thought Fallon was pretty universally hated in the theme park community. Might be out of the loop here.

I'm guessing Legacy means that the general public loves Fallon. (Shut me down if I'm wrong.)
Exactly. The GP enjoys it immensely. The theme park community (which, on an exceptional day, makes up about 3% of theme park attendees) has issues with it.

Fallon is a good ride and the best "stationary" simulator in the park. It's always an easy ride to get onto and isn't a time sink like Simpsons or Despicable Me. When I was at the park a couple weeks ago, I went on DM for the first time in... 4 years?, with a 15 minute posted wait that was ten minutes. The entire experience was about 25 minutes, which is pretty good, but I also went during the middle of the week between HHN and Thanksgiving. On a weekend, that wait would've been impossible. Fallon only took me about 15 minutes an hour and a half later for comparison. As for The Simpsons, I've only been on it twice in the past two years because the ride is in bad shape. The projection quality is simply laughable compared to every other screen based ride on property. Fallon probably has the best motion profile of the bunch as well.

I miss the practical effects of Twister, but I do think it is a decent simulator that's, for the most part, fun. Not a huge Fallon fan, but I try to hit it every time we go.

Given the limitations of space and the corporate synergy mandate placed on them, I think Universal Creative did about as good a job with Fallon as they could have. It's the third-best attraction to occupy that building (I was a big, big fan of both Ghostbusters and Twister), but on its own, it's a fun simulator. It's just in a park with too much of that sort of thing already.

I'm just absolutely sick to death of screen rides. Sans FJ and Spidey of course.

I can sympathize, and supposedly Universal has gotten the message. We'll see how they act on that moving forward.

Last edited:
See, F&F appears to be the only one of the screenz rides that gets bad GSATs. The GP seems to love the others (Fallon, Kong, Gringotts, Transformers).

Individually, sure. Even I'd rate 3 of those 4 as above-average rides on their own, with Kong being legitimately great. And as I've alluded to, I have a soft spot for Race Through New York, too.

However, we've been led to believe (by people who post here who should know) that Universal knows they've thrown USF out of balance with so many simulator-type rides and will be actively trying to correct that. Eventually. Nintendo would have done a lot of that work in one fell swoop, but since that's not happening at USF, it's going to be a piecemeal process.