Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rainforest Cafe Refurbishment

The line at Earls has been somewhat daunting every time I have been. I doubt this has changed as it is a great product. Why aren't there more of these around the country?

The line at Earls has been somewhat daunting every time I have been. I doubt this has changed as it is a great product. Why aren't there more of these around the country?

Earl of Sandwich is one of the few restaurants where lines don't matter to me, especially during holiday sandwich time. If I was a CEO at Earl of Sandwich, I'd do mall expansions. Sell the product to a much wider audience.

Every time I see a semi-long line I find it daunting and tend to wait it out. I've never waited more than 20 minutes to place my order. It usually takes longer to find a table.

Earl of Sandwich is one of the few restaurants where lines don't matter to me, especially during holiday sandwich time. If I was a CEO at Earl of Sandwich, I'd do mall expansions. Sell the product to a much wider audience.

I would push it to about the level of Panera Bread, maybe a little less. Where they aren't every where but there is a reasonable amount of them around the country and brand them in a similar manner. Something I appreciate about Earl is that it's something that isn't on every corner but is a chain.

They have them at the rest stops here in Florida (which I frequent on the way to the parks) and they suck. The menu is extremely limited and the quality isn't anywhere near as good as what they make at DTD.

This has to be moving at a snail's pace.

IMG_8831.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

I dont know if this one is better than the one at AK but the last time I ate there it was TERRIBLE!!! My chicken was still frozen but this was also way back in 2007 lol so who knows they might have changed since then... And how long has this refurb been going on for?

Here's a quick update from WDW News Today. Progress seems to have stalled a bit on this project.

After looking back a few posts at the progress as of 7/17 and comparing to the photo you posted, I would argue that the word "progress" should, in no way, be associated with this project. :doh:

If you don't mind, I'm gonna go watch the Transformers building pop up like a spiteful weed.

Wow, think there may be construction or funding issues? Because this was scheduled for completion in October.

Yeah, I was just over by there and it's amazing how little has been done. They said the new bar area was supposed to be open BEFORE the volcano finished, which was scheduled for October, so you have to figure that's behind as well.

Well, at least Splitsville looks like stuff is finally happening and will open...uh...eventually. :lol:

Wow. That's terrible.

DTD: Where Projects Go To Die
Much of it is TDO's own fault too. Not saying this particularly is as it's an outside vendor, but if they didn't make such a bone headed decision in closing the clubs, they wouldn't have nearly the amount of problems that they have now in 1. Replacing what they closed and 2. Getting outside companies to WANT to be there. Right now, no one does, largely because the heavy night traffic from PI has been lost. (It's still busy at night actually there, but it's in no way the same).

Much of it is TDO's own fault too. Not saying this particularly is as it's an outside vendor, but if they didn't make such a bone headed decision in closing the clubs, they wouldn't have nearly the amount of problems that they have now in 1. Replacing what they closed and 2. Getting outside companies to WANT to be there. Right now, no one does, largely because the heavy night traffic from PI has been lost. (It's still busy at night actually there, but it's in no way the same).

Yup. It baffles me how people so obviously inept at business decision making became such high ranking officials in a company like Disney and WDW.

It's beyond disappointing that this project seems most likely abandoned like the "eye spre on I-4" was. I thought this would have been completed by now. :shrug: Way to go TDO...

- - - Updated - - -

"eyesore" :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

DTD= Dead Town Disney :rofl: I'm still waiting for the "purists" to start blaming Eisner for the mess that DTD has become