Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Impressive. That is soon for Disney standards.

I'm starting to get the impression that Disney's slow construction is getting exaggerated. Disney announces a ride before construction starts. Universal announces a ride a year after construction starts.

Reactions: fryoj
So.... summer 2020. Got it.
Eh... this is a simple ride. It's basically screens in a box, much like Transformers. It's still 2 years+ until the end of Spring 2020. They'd have to really mess up to miss this date.

...Or just be really cheap (as they like to be) and spread costs enough to where the opening misses it's target date like TSL did.

Eh... this is a simple ride. It's basically screens in a box, much like Transformers. It's still 2 years+ until the end of Spring 2020. They'd have to really mess up to miss this date.

...Or just be really cheap (as they like to be) and spread costs enough to where the opening misses it's target date like TSL did.
Yes. Transformers, as a clone, was just apx. a year deconstruct/build. As you said, basically the same concept. But, then again, this is Disney after all.

Reactions: Nick
Unless they want to get this open sooner and give Epcot a draw during the SW:GE craze but.. pretty sure that's not what they're thinking.

At this pace, a full two years feels like an excessive amount of time to get this finished. I believe (though I could be wrong) its Paris counterpart was open in well under two years, and that one has a restaurant attached.

But I guess I should never underestimate WDW's ability to slow construction to a crawl at a moment's notice!

I'm starting to get the impression that Disney's slow construction is getting exaggerated. Disney announces a ride before construction starts. Universal announces a ride a year after construction starts.
Disney invites this reputation by announcing early. I believe they do this because they are just so bad at keeping a secret. Taking forever on projects like Rivers of Light does reinforce the stereotype.

Universal does work quickly, but every once in a while they take forever like on rebuilding Coca-Cola Roboasis.

Reactions: tankart150
Everything I was going to say.
I was there earlier and it looked like they have some temporary structures on the France facades. Guessing sightlines are being played with. There’s a few two by fours aligned with smokestacks. Wonder if some of the buildings will be getting taller on the right side in the future.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Disney invites this reputation by announcing early. I believe they do this because they are just so bad at keeping a secret. Taking forever on projects like Rivers of Light does reinforce the stereotype.

Universal does work quickly, but every once in a while they take forever like on rebuilding Coca-Cola Roboasis.
...and a recently soft opened ride.

Reactions: tankart150