Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Recent Debates/Problems/Etc on Forum

Maybe in the future when new attractions open there can be a thread dedicated to social media reviews of all types? I to am someone who loves to read twitter reactions for rides, broadway shows, movies etc., as they come in. That way not one user is "dog piling" in a thread, and then we can discuss general social media perceptions of attractions.

Just a thought.

I was referring to you finding one positive review that was tweeted after I was told to stop posting them and using it as evidence I was picking and choosing. That's being intentionally dishonest to prove a point in my eyes.

I wasn't referring to the quote you posted where I pointed out the absurdity of building two outdoor coasters next to each other a year apart but you seem to think that is some kind of smoking gun? And you ignored all the other points I made (conveniently) Yes the JW coaster is a rumor. Yes it will probably happen. Yes I could have worded it better. What part of my post is so outrageous it should be called out here? I'm not perfect. I'm sorry I didn't point out it was a rumor (supported by 5 insiders) before making the comment? Would you like to post some of my positive comments on here? How about the insightful ones in the Harry Potter thread? Remember when you though I was picking and choosing here? Sigh.

Well I mean you’re picking and choosing, too. :lol: I admitted I made mistakes as well and I’m definitely not calling you outrageous at all. All I’m trying to explain is the reason we singled you out on the reviews was because of a larger history of your posts have been reactionary. Not because you’re a jerk.

So the rumor thing we can chalk up to a misunderstanding - what about “running out of time” for Spring... 2 weeks after Spring started...

Point is that is was not an isolated post that spurned our decision. We were trying to be careful. That’s all I’m trying to say - you have posted in the past in a reactionary form. We asked to stop. You didn’t get a warning. You weren’t threatened with a ban. We tried to stop the snowball to become an avalanche but it started another effect instead.

Hell, most of the reason I bumped this thread wasn’t because of you. :lol:

Maybe in the future when new attractions open there can be a thread dedicated to social media reviews of all types? I to am someone who loves to read twitter reactions for rides, broadway shows, movies etc., as they come in. That way not one user is "dog piling" in a thread, and then we can discuss general social media perceptions of attractions.

Just a thought.

Oh god I hope we don’t have another opening like F&F again....:lol:

so, being from Pittsburgh, and this being somewhat of a 'Debate' thread, and most of you on IU being close to Tampa Bay....Do any of you think your poor excuse for a hockey team (Tampa Bay :puke:) has any chance at all to beat the two time Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins if they meet in a future best of seven series.....I'll be in Orlando, end of May, and if those Tampa Bay bums are lucky enough to beat the great Crosby led Penguins, I'll buy any of you a Duffs in Springfield.....Go Pens. :clap:;)

"It's a Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood".....Fred Rogers ...:kumbaya:

so, being from Pittsburgh, and this being somewhat of a 'Debate' thread, and most of you on IU being close to Tampa Bay....Do any of you think your poor excuse for a hockey team (Tampa Bay :puke:) has any chance at all to beat the two time Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins if they meet in a future best of seven series.....I'll be in Orlando, end of May, and if those Tampa Bay bums are lucky enough to beat the great Crosby led Penguins, I'll buy any of you a Duffs in Springfield.....Go Pens. :clap:;)

Orlando Magic win the NBA finals next year. 10/10 no lie. #1 team! For reals.:tease:

If a person agrees with your point of view then they can say and do what they want, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE AN INSIDER.
The ironic thing is skip isn’t even an insider. He acts like one. But just because you speak grandiose and with absolutes doesn’t make you an insider. If I’m wrong, someone can correct me and tell me a single piece of news he’s broken. I’ll be here waiting.

@Ashhanbre @Andysol whatever hard on you have for @JungleSkip is going to rectified. Kumbaya the crap out right now....

I’m in total agreement with @belloq87 - we are guests here and it’s your house and I’m appreciative just to be here.

Re: Skip- You’re correct- ignoring is the easiest and best solution if what he does annoys or upsets you, etc. But it’s tough to ignore a guy that will take up 1/3 of an entire page rebutting with people. I get completely lost in the conversation. He’s a lot like Epcyclopedia - who I actually enjoyed reading- but you couldn’t ignore him either or you’d get so lost on the subject because he’d dominate a conversation.

And the thing is - I actually agree with a lot of what skip says - I “like” several of his posts, so it’s certainly not content. It’s the way he presents it. He’s a know-it-all and a contrarian and digs into his opinions and will combat anyone who disagrees- no matter how many people disagree. Yes, this is a discussion forum, I understand that- but it’s never a discussion with him- he’s talking to you, and often down to you. Of his thousands of posts, has he gone to the other side or conceded anything, ever? Again, I’ll be here waiting.
Now that just might be his age. The older you get, you realize the less you know and become more humble. Or it’s just his personality. And both of those are fine. Again- I don’t dislike the guy, but sometimes he needs his feet held to the fire. So if it sounds like I have a “hard on” for him- I don’t. I can just see through it.

That all said- this whole conversation just feels weird. Having a “talk it out” post is strange when it is member-member and not member-mod. Most of us are adults and I think we can self moderate. Ash or myself haven’t crossed any line or broken any rule, correct? So why the call-out? Have we been reported by other members or something?

Last edited:
Since apparently I'm public enemy #1 for some folks (one of which, to my knowledge I've literally never interacted with), here's where I stand:

Yea, I debate people. I see opinions I feel are ridiculous or hyperbolic and I'm gonna counter them. I've never personally attacked anyone. I've never thrown insults around, or threatened anyone. I'm opinionated as hell, but I am IRL as well. But I also don't take anything here seriously...at all. It's theme parks people. We're talking about rollercoasters and dark rides, not life and death. As far as I remember I've never reported anyone to the mods, because again, it's theme parks and the internet. People get heated on the internet sometimes. It's no skin off my back, unless you get abusive or threatening to someone.

It also gets tiring as hell to come to a site that is normally fun and see pages upon pages of "this sucks and Universal is doomed" or "SCREENZ", which is why I've audibly complained about it in the past. It's why I generally stay out of threads for things that don't interest me/I think look bad unless I have something relevant to say or I actually experience the thing. I think Avatar land is a great big pile of crap, but outside of when I actually went to see it, I don't step foot in the thread. Because I know a lot of people really like it, and who am I to mess up their thread?

I also find it hilarious that all this started over me saying "F&F is a bad ride, but normal people aren't gonna hate it as much as y'all do". Apparently that statement is fanboyish or something? I dunno.

Yea, I debate people. I see opinions I feel are ridiculous or hyperbolic and I'm gonna counter them. I've never personally attacked anyone. I've never thrown insults around, or threatened anyone. I'm opinionated as hell, but I am IRL as well. But I also don't take anything here seriously...at all. It's theme parks people. We're talking about rollercoasters and dark rides, not life and death. As far as I remember I've never reported anyone to the mods, because again, it's theme parks and the internet. People get heated on the internet sometimes. It's no skin off my back, unless you get abusive or threatening to someone.
I'm in 100% agreement with all of this Skip. I, too, have never reported anyone that I can recall. I've also never attacked or threatened anyone either. That's why I said it was weird for @Brian G. to call or single me out. We can ignore each other, pay attention to each other, argue, agree- whatever. We're adults. You can handle it. I can handle it. Sometimes people are oil and water.

That all said- this whole conversation just feels weird. Having a “talk it out” post is strange when it is member-member and not member-mod. Most of us are adults and I think we can self moderate. Ash or myself haven’t crossed any line or broken any rule, correct? So why the call-out? Have we been reported by other members or something?

Sorry for the call-out - this was trying a different tactic with sorting out issues. Obviously, you had something to say about it, but you also can self-moderate. So we can move on from that now. I also said that in the heat of the moment with being tired and upset that this forum took a turn the past 48 hours so...

Ash actually has continually reported Skip - sometimes for ridiculous reasons - which is why I tagged him. As stated, I think the fact that people like Fatality, Mike, and Epcyclo lasted a while shows I don't play favorites. I don't know why he feels the way he does - or thought I was going to ban him for a difference of opinion but whatever.......

I know Skip. I've hung out with him while enjoying some drinks - so I know he's not this dastardly contrarian that some people claim he is. So when people report him for "disagreeing" and posters think he's trying to troll, I know that's not his intention and that some are looking too much into it.

Unrelated now and to paint a clear picture -

This started all because we tried to prevent a dogpiling. Whether it was Spatula's intention or not, we didn't want the thread to devolve into that. It's been 3 years since this ride was announced. We all knew this ride was gonna be bad due to Hollywood's version, but because of different factors - the convo was "How bad is this going to be?". For 3 years - you've had myself, mod teams, and insiders say things along the lines of "this is going to be rough", "Universal knows they may take a hit on this", "This is the last of screens/3D rides" etc etc.... So for Tuesday, we felt posting negative Twitter reviews over and over was not ideal for the discussion. Our request wasn't that crazy. Granted Spatula clarified it was due to link limits - we still stood by our decision and tried to let the discussion continue. However, instead of moving on - we had a group of users push back as if we were trying to stifle the negativity.

We keep saying this over and over that there's going to be two sides to every discussion. Using Spatula again, he stated "Guess what!? Lots of people thought the same thing. Guess what? Check out my post to like ratio." as I was somehow crazy and isolated in my line of thinking. The thing is... I wasn't, as there was also a group of users who didn't think the same thing. As Andy said, there's oil and vinegar - and in this case, where there were people who thought we were hard for stopping the Twitter postings, there were people that thanked us for stopping it.

This is nothing new, though.

I remember a big one last year or so was that people don't like the "insider riddles". That's fine. You don't have to. But some people do - and posting riddles isn't breaking rules. I feel like some users want this board to align with a lot of their own personal preferences, creating this perfect theme park bubble. It's a natural thing to want, as people prefer to be in their comfort zones. While this board is public and free for you, it is not a democracy. You're going to have to make some concessions. When the mod team steps in, it's not because we're trying to jerks to push our own agendas, it's because we've seen this play out before. Sometimes, it doesn't go to plan - like now - but the goal is to make sure we facilitate healthy discussions.

I know Skip. I've hung out with him while enjoying some drinks - so I know he's not this dastardly contrarian that some people claim he is. So when people report him for "disagreeing" and posters think he's trying to troll, I know that's not his intention and that some are looking too much into it.

Yea, Brian just knows I'm a huge PITA in real life too. :eek:ut:

I'll also quickly add that I've learned from this and will handle things differently in the future. I keep learning things and will always make mistakes, what matters is how you handle them and learn from them.

Just check out Kong, Fallon, and VB threads for examples of people losing their minds. We want to avoid that again.

I really just want to completely move on from twitter-gate. I'm sorry I got sucked into the drama in the first place and I should have just stayed out of this thread entirely. That said, I think I learned a lot about how people can misinterpret (through no fault of their own) certain things you say or do and it's very hard to reverse the opinion or change minds once the decision is made and once you hit that post button. I've also learned to be a bit more careful in how reactionary and sarcastic I can be. No one can read my mind and sometimes I wrongfully assume my intention is implicit which is totally the wrong thing to do on a forum like this with a lot of different personalities. All people have to go off of is what I type and I recognize that I have a habit of being hyperbolic and overly excited. It's just my personality so I'll try to reign that in a bit.

Brian and Joe, I respect you both and I feel like we all talked it out enough to the point where we don't have to keep bringing each other into this discussion. All I want right now is to move on to more important things like discussing the plans for the interior of the new Harry Potter queue! That's what really matters people! Peace and love to all. :lol: :peace:

Get that :poop: out of my forum! BE THE THUNDER

Not a Tampa fan but you can buy me a Duff porter anytime bro. I will reciprocate:cheers:

I really just want to completely move on from twitter-gate. I'm sorry I got sucked into the drama in the first place and I should have just stayed out of this thread entirely. That said, I think I learned a lot about how people can misinterpret (through no fault of their own) certain things you say or do and it's very hard to reverse the opinion or change minds once the decision is made and once you hit that post button. I've also learned to be a bit more careful in how reactionary and sarcastic I can be. No one can read my mind and sometimes I wrongfully assume my intention is implicit which is totally the wrong thing to do on a forum like this with a lot of different personalities. All people have to go off of is what I type and I recognize that I have a habit of being hyperbolic and overly excited. It's just my personality so I'll try to reign that in a bit.

Brian and Joe, I respect you both and I feel like we all talked it out enough to the point where we don't have to keep bringing each other into this discussion. All I want right now is to move on to more important things like discussing the plans for the interior of the new Harry Potter queue! That's what really matters people! Peace and love to all. :lol: :peace:

And if there are any questions on our requests or decisions made feel free to DM any mods. Sometimes we have to be succinct and cannot elaborate on the thread in order not to spiral that out of control.

Sounds good!

:cheers: