Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mentioned in Guardians thread:

In the Magic of Possibility presentation today, Imagineers confirmed that Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will retain the dialogue from the original attraction. So all the French lines from the original attraction will remain untranslated. Quote from Tom Fitzgerald at 43:55.

Mentioned in Guardians thread:

In the Magic of Possibility presentation today, Imagineers confirmed that Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will retain the dialogue from the original attraction. So all the French lines from the original attraction will remain untranslated. Quote from Tom Fitzgerald at 43:55.

I’ve never watched a ride through (and at this point, have no desire to), so anyone know about how much of the ride is in French?

If it’s like all the other rides at DLP, it’s pretty much 50/50. With one major character being French and the other speaking English.
Main difference being that almost every character in this attraction is bilingual.

Having ridden the attraction in France, I don't have many worries about the bilingual nature of the attraction, but I do hope they translate some of Gusteau's in queue spiel which is predominantly French and hard to understand for non-French speakers.

Reactions: Nick
Main difference being that almost every character in this attraction is bilingual.

Having ridden the attraction in France, I don't have many worries about the bilingual nature of the attraction, but I do hope they translate some of Gusteau's in queue spiel which is predominantly French and hard to understand for non-French speakers.
I’m not worried about it if they’re all bilingual. Obviously people won’t understand every word, but all in all, it should be pretty easy to make out the story I’d think.

I’m not worried about it if they’re all bilingual. Obviously people won’t understand every word, but all in all, it should be pretty easy to make out the story I’d think.

Yeah, most of the characters speak in both English and French anytime you see them, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue.

I mean most of the rides ‘action portion’ there’s not a whole load of talking and even when there is in the first and last scenes Remy just goes in between French and English.

It’s a little strange but something very normal at DLP.

I like the bilingual nature; it feels very Epcot to me to have the language of the country represented used alongside English.

Of course, we know this is to save money on repurposing the animation, but it’s cool and works for me nonetheless.

I like the bilingual nature; it feels very Epcot to me to have the language of the country represented used alongside English.

Of course, we know this is to save money on repurposing the animation, but it’s cool and works for me nonetheless.
I'm sure it will be unique for park guests, but as a theme park fan, I'm not down with thematic justifications for what are blatantly budget shortcuts. It's certainly not on the lazy DCA, WDSP, and Dinoland U.S.A level of "It's supposed to look cheap," nor the Guardians level of "X character visited Epcot as a kid" but it's somewhere on the spectrum of justifications.

Reactions: youhow2
I'm sure it will be unique for park guests, but as a theme park fan, I'm not down with thematic justifications for what are blatantly budget shortcuts. It's certainly not on the lazy DCA, WDSP, and Dinoland U.S.A level of "It's supposed to look cheap," nor the Guardians level of "X character visited Epcot as a kid" but it's somewhere on the spectrum of justifications.
I get what you mean, but to an extent, the parks always have and will continue to be a compromise between the ideal and what the budget allows for. So I agree on principle, but in this case, I think the compromise is actually a net positive for the park.

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
The language really isn't an issue... 1) half is in English (and I'd say the important bits) and 2) if you can't understand what's going on, you need way more help than having the other half of the dialogue in English.

I get the sentiment, but Americanizing it more than it already is would really be a mistake.