Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Is this visible in World Showcase? Or is it only visible when coming in on the Skyliner? Not sure where the ride entrance will be officially.

I know you won't be able to see the Tower from the Ratatouille courtyard (they've made it so it's near impossible), but depending on how high the sign is, I just hope it can't be seen from the main WS pathways.

EDIT: Nevermind, not worried about sightlines anymore, but more how cartoonish it is:

Ya- I don’t like it at all. Let’s hope it’s hidden from 90% of the land and only really visible as you make your way to the Rat. I’ll judge from the ground IRL, but that thing is huge and lit up and I’m not sure if I’m going to be a fan.

Ya, not entirely sure how I feel about this either but I mean WS hasn't been the same since Frozen. I guess I'm more used to it now but not a great look.
But Frozen was at least done within theme. The meet and greet, the sign to FEA, etc are all good don’t that blends with the other buildings and not a giant lit up cartoon Olaf, for example.

Is this visible in World Showcase? Or is it only visible when coming in on the Skyliner? Not sure where the ride entrance will be officially.
In their defense, the ride entrance and sign is located around back of the France pavilion so you won't be able to see it from the main walkway around World Showcase.
I don't think it will be visible from the main walkway in World Showcase. You'll have to turn the corner at the pavilion to make your way towards the ride (or restaurant) back that way. Poppins will be the same in that it'll be hidden from the main path (although i'm hearing conflicting reports about if it's actually a ride or not now...)

Ya- I don’t like it at all. Let’s hope it’s hidden from 90% of the land and only really visible as you make your way to the Rat. I’ll judge from the ground IRL, but that thing is huge and lit up and I’m not sure if I’m going to be a fan.

But Frozen was at least done within theme. The meet and greet, the sign to FEA, etc are all good don’t that blends with the other buildings and not a giant lit up cartoon Olaf, for example.
Yeah, as much as the IP doesn't fit the location, they did stay true to the architectural theming of the buildings around the ride. I think the more egregious thing happening in France personally is the BatB sing-a-long, though. I think overall, the new courtyard will look like most of the rest of World Showcase. The sing-a-long is extremely out of place though.
------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Here's what the skyline looks like. The sign affects nothing. It's the facade that is seen from out in the walkways in World Showcase...
remys-ratatouille-adventure-construction-01152020-1.jpg

remys-ratatouille-adventure-construction-01152020-2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think the sign is bad, but its bad if it were seen in World Showcase. Good thing its hidden though. I wonder if due to Spaceship earth closing in a few months we may see this be an early Summer opening. Epcot will reallyyy need a ride then.

Discussing some brief things with a source over the weekend, they offer me hard hat tours of sites if I’m on property and such. Got one for Toy Story Land, will be getting one for guardians, and now I’ve been offered to ride this at the end of April when I’m onsite. Much more of a causal offer rather than a “Ready to ride Ratatouille?” But that’s typicallly how I get information from him.

Not sure if this means anything for opening, nor do I know if they would be aware of actual opening dates, but I figured this was worth noting. Riding this in April, hopefully! Early summer opening does not sound of the question. But as always, who knows. Will report more back in April lol

Don't know why everyone is hating on the sign. It's the exact same one as in the movie!! Without the sign, IMHO, the ride would not be complete. The sign is kind of a key part of the movie.
Because the land wasn't designed after the movie. They're putting a movie design into the already existing land; a land designed after the country of France.

Hence why people wouldn't want to see it from the showcase; but are ok seeing it when you're nearing the queue to an animated attraction based on a movie.

So a thought just occurred to me that SSE is closing right after Memorial day weekend. Disney typically considers that weekend to be their official "Start of Summer" and have opened a few attractions over the holiday in recent memory (SDMT, Pandora, SWGE - DL). The courtyard is looking great right now and testing is underway.

I'm not saying that we should expect this ride to open over Memorial Day weekend, but with SSE closing, the park is going to need the ride and if it's ready i'm assuming they'll want to open it ASAP. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if shortly after SSE closed, Rat opens.

So a thought just occurred to me that SSE is closing right after Memorial day weekend. Disney typically considers that weekend to be their official "Start of Summer" and have opened a few attractions over the holiday in recent memory (SDMT, Pandora, SWGE - DL). The courtyard is looking great right now and testing is underway.

I'm not saying that we should expect this ride to open over Memorial Day weekend, but with SSE closing, the park is going to need the ride and if it's ready i'm assuming they'll want to open it ASAP. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if shortly after SSE closed, Rat opens.
While I've had to cancel my trip since, I was offered by an employee to ride this during my 2 week stay in Mid April, I don't think this is far out of the question whatsoever.

What are the odds on this being open by mid June?

I think it may open earlier than we expect because it’s a cookie cutter attraction. The major conflict would be the trackless aspect, but it’s mostly just screens and large set pieces which I believe have already been placed. I have a good feeling it may open around the closing of SSE.

Will gusteau’s have a restaurant?
No. But it’s not a real restaurant in Disneyland Paris either. They have Remy’s Bistro at the exit there. But ours will not include a restaurant. We are getting a new Crepe restaurant with the addition though, located closer to the Skyliner side.