Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah sorry, by this week I mean since TM previews of horror nights, I think yesterday was the worst and even right now they are currently only loading rows 1&2 of every car, earlier today they were sending every second car round empty (as well as half loaded cars) I'm not sure if this is an operational thing (not enough staff) or mechanical?
Although I'd bet a large amount on it being mechanical.
A few people thought it was to slow down the masses during HHN and take the strain off the houses but it's the same currently during the day
Sounds like Mummy needs the next spot refurbishment after Dr Doom.

I've been on multiple rides where different sections of the launch will activate at different times, so it launches up in small jolts. Maybe this had become a bigger issue.

Please tell me they finally dimmed the super bright projectors that ruin the room before the launch.
I feel like the mummy needs more refurb. Something like a faster launch. The mummy is a good ride, but I rode it last week and whenever the brakes make a really uncomfortable skreetching noise.

I've managed to have a word with someone who used to work Mummy, apparently the turntable scene was brightened because of safety regulations. I take that as a "it's not going to go back to how it was"
She also let slip that the lift hill was always a problem, the cars are meant to be weighed just before dispatch, however that system is not essential, and causes more problems than it's worth.
Basically in normal mode (minus the weigh) the system launches cars up the hill at a "standard" speed, so depending on the amount of weight in the car it can be slower/faster than normal. This seems to explain the crappy launches recently however she was stumped when I told her the cars were all going out half empty.
The only guess was, the lift hill cannot operate at full speed due to a mechanical or power issue