Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So. Fantastic Beasts would fit in like a glove in the Mummy with some sort of new ride. I can already see some neat thematic possibilities.

Even if FB takes the Mummy spot, I would hope it's not a simple coaster retheme. I'd prefer a
dark ride through the beast habitats inside Newt's briefcase.

Reactions: Joel and Ryan
Even if FB takes the Mummy spot, I would hope it's not a simple coaster retheme. I'd prefer a
I don't think that needs a spoiler tag since that's the main plot we've always known about. Since the other movies will take place across more than just New York I don't want them to rush into things. However,
Kowalski's Bakery would be a neat addition.

Reactions: Joel

Once I'm back in the house I'll photoshop a giant briefcase onto the facade.

Reactions: Joel
Not to mention inauthentic - that sort of idea is why Disney supposedly didn't get this franchise. I imagine you would enter a well known landmark like the Woolworths building or perhaps once they show it, Illvermorny and proceed to enter the case on the ride. But it's all speculation - any way we look at it I'd love to see this incorporated at some point.

Last edited:
FB series isn' t just taking place in NYC though. The reason why they mentioned all the schools before the film came out is because they are going to show the rest of the schools in the upcoming 4 films with more on Illvermohoweveryourspellit in the next film.

Makes no sense for it to replace the Mummy and too early into the series to choose a location.

Last edited:
FB series isn' t just taking place in NYC though. The reason why they mentioned all the schools before the film came out is because they are going to show the rest of the schools in the upcoming 4 films with more on Illvermohoweveryourspellit in the next film.

Makes no sense for it to replace the Mummy and too early into the series to choose a location.

I think that's the key reason to make it spread out over 3 parks.

Even just from a marketing point of view. Want the full Harry Potter experience? Better buy a 4 park ticket.

Yeah this is identical to what I had in mind
guests would enter into the secret entrance of the American Magical Congress and wind up in a preshow where Newt appears via musion. Using retractable musion screens, Newt would appear to lay down the suitcase and opens it. Jacob/Tina/Queenie can possibly go in as well. The musion screens with the flash of a light would zoom up (you can see something similar in Mystic Manor) and guests would be allowed to climb down where you take in an adventure inside the briefcase and out.

Kowalski's Bakery would be a neat addition.

Oh man: yes.

Once I'm back in the house I'll photoshop a giant briefcase onto the facade.

Oh man: no.

Yes, I know that FB will go to different parts of America (and even most likely Hogwarts again for a short bit in the sequel), but doesn't that complicate things a bit? How do you choose? NYC makes sense because it's a natural fit for merely the first act of the experience. The bulk takes place in the briefcase, which can concievably bring you anywhere else! Say we're trapped because someone steals it, it's very simple to adapt it.

IMO the backlash on removing Mummy wouldn't be worth it, it is constantly voted for best indoor coaster on the Golden Ticket Awards.

I would think that the general public doesn't exactly know of Golden Ticket Awards. And, it's not like Universal markets that into Orlando's Mummy in the park or on the site (correct me if i'm wrong), which to me; I would rather give that award to Singapore's.

Reactions: Ryan