Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USF already removed my once-favorite attraction in the park (Kongfrontation). Ironically, its replacement (Revenge of the Mummy) quickly became my current favorite attraction in the park.

Don't do this to me again, Universal.
If anything they should just update it with the new movie.

Also another point, everyone I know loves the mummy. In my opinion this would be much better suited for where DC is located. I think it would have more room then where Mummy is and also we don't have to lose one of the greatest indoor coasters in the world.

Also another point, everyone I know loves the mummy. In my opinion this would be much better suited for where DC is located. I think it would have more room then where Mummy is and also we don't have to lose one of the greatest indoor coasters in the world.

To me, i prefer Hollywood and Singapore's over Orlando in terms of the better attraction overall..

It's a matter of preference. Orlando has a better coaster portion but Hollywood has a better presentation in some aspects.

Having lived with Hollywood's Mummy for a year now, I don't know if I can really agree with that anymore. Sure, we have some nice (and fairly cohesive) opening moments, but after the launch it quickly falls apart. The ending is absolutely embarrassing and something I'd expect out of a failing regional park.

The backwards coaster section is pretty nifty, though!

Reactions: Mike S
Having lived with Hollywood's Mummy for a year now, I don't know if I can really agree with that anymore. Sure, we have some nice (and fairly cohesive) opening moments, but after the launch it quickly falls apart. The ending is absolutely embarrassing and something I'd expect out of a failing regional park.

The backwards coaster section is pretty nifty, though!

I know it's around YT somewhere, but they had a completely different ending than before the change to the strobes and the small screen.

If they even keep Mummy, I would be praying that they bring back the original ending to ROTM at Hollywood.

It's a matter of preference. Orlando has a better coaster portion but Hollywood has a better presentation in some aspects.

Indeed. Orlando does seem to have the better coaster portion in the US while Hollywood does better presentation wise when you enter to me.

Although, I would say that Singapore is the better of the two versions of Orlando and Hollywood; as Orlando's layout and Hollywood's indoor theming is meshed with rather pleasantly with a completely well done area surrounding it.

I don't think FB makes any sort of sense in DC as it occurs many, many, many years prior to Potter. Maybe if they used a time turner haha

When it comes to the three Mummy's, Orlando/Singapore has the much better overall layout. While Hollywood's Mummy has the better backwards section, it'll always be wonky due to having the turntable at the very end of the ride which kills the flow of things.

It also hit me that amusingly none of the versions can get a ending right, case in point.

Orlando - A very abrubt end with Majai symbol and sudden Brendan Fraiser coffee clip.

Hollywood - Turntable eclipse which gives it some sort of fitting ending, but thanks to the turntable it always comes off anticlimatic. (The original ending wasn't much better as that felt like it was building up to something, making things even more anticlimatic.)

Singapore - While Singapore came up with a good overall story of you racing to find the Book of the Living before Imhotep does, they ended up pulling off probably the most confusing ending of the bunch. During the ride near the "end", Imhotep ends up getting the Book of the Living and unleashing a friggen curse on you. So this should be a "the bad guy wins" kind of ending, right? Well when you do reach the end of the ride, you pass through a wall and Imhotep is trapped in a sarcophagus for some unknown reason and saying Death is only the beginning. This ending makes no sense whatsoever considering he got the book and unleashed a curse in the previous scene.

When it comes to the three Mummy's, Orlando/Singapore has the much better overall layout. While Hollywood's Mummy has the better backwards section, it'll always be wonky due to having the turntable at the very end of the ride which kills the flow of things.

It also hit me that amusingly none of the versions can get a ending right, case in point.

Orlando - A very abrubt end with Majai symbol and sudden Brendan Fraiser coffee clip.

Hollywood - Turntable eclipse which gives it some sort of fitting ending, but thanks to the turntable it always comes off anticlimatic. (The original ending wasn't much better as that felt like it was building up to something, making things even more anticlimatic.)

Singapore - While Singapore came up with a good overall story of you racing to find the Book of the Living before Imhotep does, they ended up pulling off probably the most confusing ending of the bunch. During the ride near the "end", Imhotep ends up getting the Book of the Living and unleashing a friggen curse on you. So this should be a "the bad guy wins" kind of ending, right? Well when you do reach the end of the ride, you pass through a wall and Imhotep is trapped in a sarcophagus for some unknown reason and saying Death is only the beginning. This ending makes no sense whatsoever considering he got the book and unleashed a curse in the previous scene.

Orlando's ending is bad.

Hollywood's current ending is worse.

Singapore's ending made total sense to me... Imhotep's got the Book of the Dead, unleashing all of the BS you're dealing with. The Book of the Living shows up in what is the "Fake Unload" in the Orlando incarnation. Imhotep visibly recoils in horror as the Book of the Living opens and he's hit with a flash of light. You pass a giant "Book of the Living" where Imhotep's "NO!" face is in Orlando... and then Imhotep's trapped. I'm not sure where you're getting the "unleashing the curse on you."

Imhotep visibly recoils in horror as the Book of the Living opens and he's hit with a flash of light. You pass a giant "Book of the Living" where Imhotep's "NO!" face is in Orlando... and then Imhotep's trapped. I'm not sure where you're getting the "unleashing the curse on you."

In the vids I've seen of Singapore's I didn't really pick up on him recoiling when the book opens (some vids don't focus on that AA for too long), and the vids certainly didn't catch the giant book of the living. As for getting the "unleashing the curse", I was getting that from the fire effect.

I've never minded that ending video, but getting rid of it (and the storyline in the queue) would be one of the easier ways to cut ties to the 1999 movie if Universal is thinking about bringing the ride more in line with the Tom Cruise version we're getting next summer.