Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only thing I don't like about the Mummy is the light screens that just strobe random images during the "coaster" sections, with the exception of the mummy head that blows smoke and fire at you. They seem very 6 flags-ish or like something you would see in a haunted house style carnival ride. If they just revamped the animatronics and screens in the main parts of the ride and refurbished those sections while finding some better themed things to replace those light effects this ride would really be perfect. It is still a top 3 for me in the parks and I am a giant HP fan. Would love to see this thing get some love and really shine again.

The only thing I don't like about the Mummy is the light screens that just strobe random images during the "coaster" sections, with the exception of the mummy head that blows smoke and fire at you. They seem very 6 flags-ish or like something you would see in a haunted house style carnival ride. If they just revamped the animatronics and screens in the main parts of the ride and refurbished those sections while finding some better themed things to replace those light effects this ride would really be perfect. It is still a top 3 for me in the parks and I am a giant HP fan. Would love to see this thing get some love and really shine again.

Mummy was a technological marvel when it first opened, and now with gringotts it seems so outdated. It really needs a new plot that doesn't end with black curtains and coffee.

Reactions: tankart150
Maybe they could take a que from Disney and install screens along the track like DL's Space Mountain.

In case you haven't seen it.

That's what I was hoping you were talking about. Never ridden it though. My complaint with Universals screens is that they don't seem to make them big enough and you can see the edges pretty easily. Especially in Kong.

That's what I was hoping you were talking about. Never ridden it though. My complaint with Universals screens is that they don't seem to make them big enough and you can see the edges pretty easily. Especially in Kong.
That's a problem with most screen based rides, not just Universal.

Reactions: tankart150

In all fairness (from my point of view) Kong is just poor execution of the ride vehicle. The roof of the vehicle covers most seats from seeing the edges, it's just the end seats that could use more roof. I also feel that having the first two rows facing backwards would have improved sight lines, so again, the vehicle is the issue.

Now big screens fully dropping you into a scene...what about that one room in Gringrots that is surfer impressive!

In all fairness (from my point of view) Kong is just poor execution of the ride vehicle. The roof of the vehicle covers most seats from seeing the edges, it's just the end seats that could use more roof. I also feel that having the first two rows facing backwards would have improved sight lines, so again, the vehicle is the issue.

Now big screens fully dropping you into a scene...what about that one room in Gringrots that is surfer impressive!
Then they have to time things even more closely so the people facing backwards don't see screens resetting.

Then they have to time things even more closely so the people facing backwards don't see screens resetting.

Ah, so tops of screens and resetting screens or poor views during all the action. Guess they can't win, but I think I would have gone with resetting screens for two rows. I would also think they could block some end views by adding something to the roof (if the complaints are bad enough.

Let me also say that I love Kong and the first time I rode it I was too excited to notice anything but the amazing things about the ride itself. It's a great ride. I just wish Universal would take the next step in immersing guests in the ride. We know they can do it, Gringotts and Spider-Man are proof of that. I really think with this Nintendo stuff opening in the next few years we will see the next level of UC. That's another thread though.

I LOVE Hyperspace Mountain. Thanks for posting that video. I must have ridden it 5 times last time I was at Disneyland but wished I could ride it more.

Reactions: Mike S
MiB still blows away every other shooter ride on the planet. Sure it takes up a ton of space, but if you ride TSMM or even the new Justice League shooter rides at Six Flags parks, which are primarily screens. Then you ride MiB, no competition at all. IMO one of if not the best dark ride Uni has built to date.
I couldn't agree more. I've always said that MIB is my favorite ride in the resort. Nobody has attempted to build a better shooter. Maybe Buzz Lightyear in Shanghai, but that's debatable.

MiB still blows away every other shooter ride on the planet. Sure it takes up a ton of space, but if you ride TSMM or even the new Justice League shooter rides at Six Flags parks, which are primarily screens. Then you ride MiB, no competition at all. IMO one of if not the best dark ride Uni has built to date.
Totally agree. In terms of cloned ride systems as well (spidey/Transformers, Kong/fast) they really should build something similar in IOA or the new gate based on MIB'S framework. The re-rideability factor is huge with the extra competitive element.