Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The bottom line is that while attractions like Shrek still exist, MiB and Mummy shouldn't even be considered going anywhere anytime soon.

While MiB has been maintained pretty well, The Mummy desperately needs a solid refurb. The screen/face room has been absolutely atrocious for well over a year now and there's simply no excuse for it.
This is one of the things that frustrates me about Universal. Rides like Spider-Man, Minions, the HP areas, etc are upkept in such a pristine manner- and then you get things like Dudley Do Right, Cat in the Hat and The Mummy where the rides and/or queues are deplorable.
Hell, walking through the Dudley queue, you might as well be at a Six Flags it's so filthy with trash over the railings- and it's been like that for years.

The bottom line is that while attractions like Shrek still exist, MiB and Mummy shouldn't even be considered going anywhere anytime soon.

While MiB has been maintained pretty well, The Mummy desperately needs a solid refurb. The screen/face room has been absolutely atrocious for well over a year now and there's simply no excuse for it.
This is one of the things that frustrates me about Universal. Rides like Spider-Man, Minions, the HP areas, etc are upkept in such a pristine manner- and then you get things like Dudley Do Right, Cat in the Hat and The Mummy where the rides and/or queues are deplorable.
Hell, walking through the Dudley queue, you might as well be at a Six Flags it's so filthy with trash over the railings- and it's been like that for years.
We do not speak of the Do Right que. :stun:

Has anyone noticed before boarding on mummy the transfer track brake system has a horrible screeching sound when the cars brake. It bothers me so much. Mummy is such a perfect rode and it doesn't even need a lot of work done on it.

Totally agree. In terms of cloned ride systems as well (spidey/Transformers, Kong/fast) they really should build something similar in IOA or the new gate based on MIB'S framework. The re-rideability factor is huge with the extra competitive element.
ef5fa212430c643e50a1c2cf9d196ae6.png

I'd agree but that's not why theses attractions are being looked at for replacement. I want MiB to stay, it's the best 'shooter' attraction around in my eyes. It's the ride systems, their life span, and the manufacturer's support of the system play into these choices. That's why Jaws and Disaster were removed.

I'd agree but that's not why theses attractions are being looked at for replacement. I want MiB to stay, it's the best 'shooter' attraction around in my eyes. It's the ride systems, their life span, and the manufacturer's support of the system play into these choices. That's why Jaws and Disaster were removed.
But universal could refurbish the Ride systems when needed over time:) Also, upgrade the guns to use a full laser tag beam. They can also add air blasters to the back of the seats so riders would know when they've been hit by aliens and other riders. Even things like more nonlinear gameplay; upgrading the aliens in the ambush scene: when they've all been knocked down, your cart wouldn't spin :)

But universal could refurbish the Ride systems when needed over time:) Also, upgrade the guns to use a full laser tag beam. They can also add air blasters to the back of the seats so riders would know when they've been hit by aliens and other riders. Even things like more nonlinear gameplay; upgrading the aliens in the ambush scene: when they've all been knocked down, your cart wouldn't spin :)
Actual laser beams would be a problem when shooting at the fusion exhaust ports, a few stray lasers into other people's eyes wouldn't be good.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nico
This is because it'll be in the contracts with the IP owners right?

The mummy also needs some new brakes. Does anyone else hear hear the screeching brakes as the car is about to dispatch? The mummy could use a bit of more theming and update the current ones, but that ride is amazing.