Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think we'll see Mummy ripped out long before MIB. MIB is the only ride of its kind at the resort. Mummy can be crudely generalized as one-of-many coasters if need be.

Plus, between MIB, Fear Factor and the expansion plot, you can build a lot. There's no IPs in play (to my knowledge) that would warrant that kind of space.

I think it's going to be depend on whether they come up with a plan for the expansion plot and whether that involves needing the space that MIB is on.

What are the current average wait times for MIB and Mummy?

Put it this way we rode MIB twice and both times was about a 10 to 15 minutes wait. Transformers was a walk on where they were sending half empty cars out. I know capacity is lower on MIB so that would make a difference though and MIB has a pre show. But everything was practically a walk on and we waited for MIB and ET the longest.

Put it this way we rode MIB twice and both times was about a 10 to 15 minutes wait. Transformers was a walk on where they were sending half empty cars out. I know capacity is lower on MIB so that would make a difference though and MIB has a pre show. But everything was practically a walk on and we waited for MIB and ET the longest.
The difference between a slow weekday & a busy Saturday. That Saturday, after your visit, MIB, Mummy & Transformers were all one hour waits. FJ, real long.We even waited about 15 minutes for MIB in the Express lane, and that's usually a walk on. Simpsons over 30 minutes for Express. Spider Man, about 15 minutes for Express. Busy, busy, busy.

Reactions: Mike S
Reading this thread made something occur to me. Why is a ride that takes place in New York in a land called "World Expo" but an Egyptian Tomb is in a land called "New York." Shouldn't it be the other way around? It doesn't really matter, but I thought that was weird.

Reading this thread made something occur to me. Why is a ride that takes place in New York in a land called "World Expo" but an Egyptian Tomb is in a land called "New York." Shouldn't it be the other way around? It doesn't really matter, but I thought that was weird.
The Egyptian Tomb is actually fairly similar to the Egyptian Tomb Room at the Metro Museum. So you can kind of stretch that for NY. But yes, MIB should be in NY.

ROTM's queue is themed to start in a museum in New York and then you are magically transported to Egypt, but the whole being a film extra thing with the behind-the-scenes footage kind of messes with that. It's definitely a stretch.

MIB is supposed to take place in Queens and the New York section is set in Manhattan. Again, a stretch, but it's the best I've got.

I have the perfect solution to extend MIB. Close E.T. and move the parts over to MIB. Refurbish and call it MIB vs. E.T. Replace the prison transport with E.T.'s ship. E.T. and friends can take over the barrels in the ambush scene with Botanicus saying "six against one". All the little characters can be in the Times Square scene.

Spielberg gets to keep E.T. in the parks so I am sure he will love the idea. Besides, I have always wanted an alien zapper in the E.T. ride. This will be the next best thing.

Honestly, there was a long stretch of time where rides didn't really have thematic cohesion with their lands at Universal. I feel like Universal is just starting to move past that, mostly because of all the mini-lands being built.

I have the perfect solution to extend MIB. Close E.T. and move the parts over to MIB. Refurbish and call it MIB vs. E.T. Replace the prison transport with E.T.'s ship. E.T. and friends can take over the barrels in the ambush scene with Botanicus saying "six against one". All the little characters can be in the Times Square scene.

Spielberg gets to keep E.T. in the parks so I am sure he will love the idea. Besides, I have always wanted an alien zapper in the E.T. ride. This will be the next best thing.

Is this sarcasm?

Reactions: Mike S and IzzyB
The Egyptian Tomb is actually fairly similar to the Egyptian Tomb Room at the Metro Museum. So you can kind of stretch that for NY. But yes, MIB should be in NY.

ROTM's queue is themed to start in a museum in New York and then you are magically transported to Egypt, but the whole being a film extra thing with the behind-the-scenes footage kind of messes with that. It's definitely a stretch.

MIB is supposed to take place in Queens and the New York section is set in Manhattan. Again, a stretch, but it's the best I've got.

Technically the 'New York' area of the park is not really New York, but a New York themed backlot set...technically Mummy is a 'soundstage' set..at least that was the original intention of the park..Now they are trying the hyper realistic urban environments at Studios so New York is seen as "New York" rather than the "New York Set"..Mummy represents a transitional period in the parks where theming was adjusting itself to align with themed environments (end of the IOA era)...I may have just confused myself..hopefully this makes sense haha

Technically the 'New York' area of the park is not really New York, but a New York themed backlot set...technically Mummy is a 'soundstage' set..at least that was the original intention of the park..Now they are trying the hyper realistic urban environments at Studios so New York is seen as "New York" rather than the "New York Set"..Mummy represents a transitional period in the parks where theming was adjusting itself to align with themed environments (end of the IOA era)...I may have just confused myself..hopefully this makes sense haha
Yeah, I've always been one who was comfortable with Mummy in NY. So Mummy actually fits under both of your scenarios. Either Production Sets or Metropolitan Museum type. It works.

i was thinking back to the future could replace mummy and use it still as a rollercoaster
Honestly... that could almost work. Part of the queue could be Doc's lab... but I dunno about the rest.
The first big scene would feature the clock tower, since there's vertical space.
Maybe a little running from the popo til you get to a dead-end and have to back up.
The rotating platform could be the Delorean hovering since, you know, "we don't need roads."
Then the launch up to "88 MPH", and a scene with Biff at the false unload.
This is a lot more armchair-creative stuff than I usually post.
The only problem is, I feel that BTTF justifies more story-telling than is available with that ride system. Plus, how would you justify use of the brainfire? You can't get rid of that.