Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What the Mummy has going for it is is continually ranked as a ride with the highest guest satisfaction. It's 12 years old and it still brings 'em in. I know it's my favorite at USF, it's many of my friend's favorites, and I hear more positive things coming off that ride than I do any other in that park.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if the ride got re-themed(Back to the Future anyone?), as long as that ride system stays in place. It's just so much fun with just enough thrill to make most people happy.

I love Mummy but that's about as thrilling as I'll get, lol. I need to step it up. :D

Mummy is the only ride in Universal that receives clapping at the end of the ride! Of course, the TM's initiates the clapping, but that's only because they see me clapping first, foam coming from the mouth as I shout how much I love the ride. I then run down the ramp, pushing small children out of the way, as I go to the picture stand and point to the masses my awesome picture I took, 2 thumbs up and scream at them "this is how you take an on ride picture, step yo game up Bish!"
In case you could not tell, Mummy is in my Top 3 favorite UO rides.

Mummy is the only ride in Universal that receives clapping at the end of the ride! Of course, the TM's initiates the clapping, but that's only because they see me clapping first, foam coming from the mouth as I shout how much I love the ride. I then run down the ramp, pushing small children out of the way, as I go to the picture stand and point to the masses my awesome picture I took, 2 thumbs up and scream at them "this is how you take an on ride picture, step yo game up Bish!"
In case you could not tell, Mummy is in my Top 3 favorite UO rides.
The Mummy is one of those rides that grew on me with repeat rides. First time I rode it, I would have given it a 7/10. After three or four rides it's become a pretty steady 9 or 10. Repeat ability is a really important aspect of theme park attractions. I'd rank it number 4 at Universal. Haven't rode Kong yet, though.

The Mummy is one of those rides that grew on me with repeat rides. First time I rode it, I would have given it a 7/10. After three or four rides it's become a pretty steady 9 or 10. Repeat ability is a really important aspect of theme park attractions. I'd rank it number 4 at Universal. Haven't rode Kong yet, though.

Really? When did you first ride it? Because when it debuted in 2004, this ride was IT.

Really? When did you first ride it? Because when it debuted in 2004, this ride was IT.
I walked past it in 2004 when it was in softs. Line was really long. First actual ride was 2011. It was the old thing, my expectations were too high, just like with Gringotts. Once that settled, I appreciated the ride for what it is. Mummy is one of the main reasons I don't give a lot of credence when people's reviews after only one ride are lukewarm or negative. Expectations play a bigger role than they should. Repeat rides give a true worth of an attraction, good or bad, in my view.

Reactions: Mike S
What the Mummy has going for it is is continually ranked as a ride with the highest guest satisfaction. It's 12 years old and it still brings 'em in. I know it's my favorite at USF, it's many of my friend's favorites, and I hear more positive things coming off that ride than I do any other in that park.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if the ride got re-themed(Back to the Future anyone?), as long as that ride system stays in place. It's just so much fun with just enough thrill to make most people happy.

There were no guest satisification issues with Kongfrontation or Jaws. I don't think anyone wants Mummy or MIB gone but years down the line they will end up on the chopping block. I just hope USF dumps Shrek and T2 first.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
There were no guest satisification issues with Kongfrontation or Jaws. I don't think anyone wants Mummy or MIB gone but years down the line they will end up on the chopping block. I just hope USF dumps Shrek and T2 first.

If it ever happens to MIB I will buy up every bit of it from the Prop Shop, rebuild it in my yard and invite all of you over.

Gonna need a bigger yard.

I walked past it in 2004 when it was in softs. Line was really long. First actual ride was 2011. It was the old thing, my expectations were too high, just like with Gringotts. Once that settled, I appreciated the ride for what it is. Mummy is one of the main reasons I don't give a lot of credence when people's reviews after only one ride are lukewarm or negative. Expectations play a bigger role than they should. Repeat rides give a true worth of an attraction, good or bad, in my view.

I'm surprised that I enjoyed Mummy as much as I did considering I was already on IOACentral and following this ride since it's inception. It's pretty timely considering whylightbulb bitching about elements being cut from Kong, but let's not forget this "psychological thrill ride" was supposed to have, among other things, a "skeleton warrior who, in the midst of defending the twilight world of his netherworld tomb, literally leaps into the rider’s vehicle." That original press release way overpromised, and underdelivered, but still made a hugely satisfying theme park attraction. Especially for USF, which was sorely missing a ride of that kind.

I'm surprised that I enjoyed Mummy as much as I did considering I was already on IOACentral and following this ride since it's inception. It's pretty timely considering whylightbulb bitching about elements being cut from Kong, but let's not forget this "psychological thrill ride" was supposed to have, among other things, a "skeleton warrior who, in the midst of defending the twilight world of his netherworld tomb, literally leaps into the rider’s vehicle." That original press release way overpromised, and underdelivered, but still made a hugely satisfying theme park attraction. Especially for USF, which was sorely missing a ride of that kind.
Yes, 2004 was the first time I visited Universal, Studios only, didn't do IOA until 2011. Seemed like just about every attraction was still the old school stuff, ie. Earthquake, Twister,Horror Make up show, Jaws etc. I did like that vibe though, & it sure was different than anything I had experienced anywhere else. But that was the only time I rode Back to the Future (4 times). After that trip, Back to the Future was my favorite attraction anywhere. Unfortunately I never got to ride it again. It was rough even then, but that made it more fun for me. Studios seems to be a nearly completely different park now. But, due to Diagon, Gringotts, HE, it's now my favorite theme park, pushing Magic Kingdom to second place. But Kong & the new Hulk may end up moving IOA past MK for me. I'll re evaluate after this Fall's vacation.

Last edited:
That place was amazing until about 2005. I still absolutely loved Uni Studios as a park...Mummy, MIB, Jaws, BTTF, T23D...it was all still in good shape and not outdated to me at all. That, and the park didn't feel too screen heavy like it does now.
So Gringotts and Transformers are what threw off the balance for you? The other screen based attractions were there for quite a while in one form or another. Of course I'm speaking about before F&F and Jimmy come online next year.

Mummy is still probably my favorite ride at the resort.

It might be mine, it's always fun and super easy to get it on even during busier days with the single rider line. Love Mummy, but I just accept it won't be here forever. Universal doesn't have the same nostalgia for classics that Disney has, their best bet to combat the mouse is to constantly try and keep things fresh and modern. While I think Mummy and MIB are toast at some point, I hope it isn't any time soon and as I said plenty more attractions at USF need to go first. Shrek desperately needs to go, nothing wrong with the IP but an old school 4-D theater attraction that's film can be found on Netflix? Especially in a park that is becoming 3-D heavy, Shrek looks ridiculous and cheap in comparison.