Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whose is that?!?!?!?
Google him. . .
tenor.gif

:grin::lol:

I don't wanna call BS on Mr. Hall, but his LinkedIn has no mention of ever working on Mummy, and he started in 2009. In order to finally put this thing to bed, we really should be looking into ways we can make contact with people who specifically work on Mummy and the ride vehicles.

There's got to be a reason why so many people have the specific memory of USH adding them as a post-opening gimmick, and there's also something to why some of you have experienced it. From what I've been able to dig up, USH's ankle ticklers are a small wheel with monofilament line attached to a motor. Should be easy to spot.

Reactions: shiekra38
I don't wanna call BS on Mr. Hall, but his LinkedIn has no mention of ever working on Mummy, and he started in 2009. In order to finally put this thing to bed, we really should be looking into ways we can make contact with people who specifically work on Mummy and the ride vehicles.
SO it is out of the realm of possibilities he couldn't have asked someone OR knew from convo or talks about rides? I mean, you could ask me about something about the company I work for, that happen before my time and I could still give you an accurate answer as knowing the history of a company you work for is plausible. . .

SO it is out of the realm of possibilities he couldn't have asked someone OR knew from convo or talks about rides? I mean, you could ask me about something about the company I work for, that happen before my time and I could still give you an accurate answer as knowing the history of a company you work for is plausible. . .
It's not at all out of the realm of possibility, just as it's not out of the realm of possibility that he just gave you an answer to a question that he didn't fully know the answer to. Just because he is who he is doesn't mean that things that come out of his mouth are guaranteed to be accurate.

As others have stated, and Greg is correct, there's still a mystery here that "Yes" doesn't cover. When were they installed, and when were they removed? Because they're certainly not there now.

• Haha
Reactions: Jwhee and jarmor
I mean at this point people just don't wanna believe it lol. The man has significant work at Universal and is followed by many of his colleagues, why would he openly lie about something so simple.

• Haha
Reactions: Jwhee
why would he openly lie about something so simple.
There's not a single person in this thread claiming he's lying- myself included. I'm not here trying to prove anyone right or wrong. I'm genuinely fascinated by this whole thing. If you go to the park today, 100% of your Mummy rides will be tickler-free.

If he was on the maintenance side of the business, or had directly worked on Mummy, it'd be a lot easier to take "Yes" as the definitive answer. If anyone has contacts within the ride maintenance division at Universal, we could finally put this to bed with two questions: "when were they installed?" and "when were they removed?".

There's not a single person in this thread claiming he's lying- myself included. I'm not here trying to prove anyone right or wrong. I'm genuinely fascinated by this whole thing. If you go to the park today, 100% of your Mummy rides will be tickler-free.

If he was on the maintenance side of the business, or had directly worked on Mummy, it'd be a lot easier to take "Yes" as the definitive answer. If anyone has contacts within the ride maintenance division at Universal, we could finally put this to bed with two questions: "when were they installed?" and "when were they removed?".

The most interesting aspect of this all is that there are people on both sides of the argument with a trustworthy resume that swear by their answer.

At USH, the ankle ticklers are made of silicone, I believe. At least that's what it felt like. I once caught it with my feet, reached down to grab it and pulled on it too hard and accidentally broke it off. It's a few millimeters wide and about 6" long. Maybe enough people did the same thing at USF and they never bothered to replace them and eventually they all broke off by riders. Also, you're less likely to feel them with pants and shoes on vs. shorts and sandals.

Although I've never been on the FL version, I'm willing to believe it existed, even if short-lived. I doubt it was a psychological effect. The fact that some claim it existed is enough to think that it once did, even if it was just for a few weeks. This isn't a Loch Ness monster/Big Foot/Aliens/UFO thing. Even if those that have been on it hundreds of times never experienced it, it doesn't change the fact have some (however few there are) did in fact experience it.

And it also depends on a fuller, more qualitative, answer than just yes. Did it just exist for a couple of days or months when the attraction opened? Does it work, but very intermittent? Does it still exist, if it ever actually did? Is the UC respondent
actually knowledgeable about this? Is the UC respondent just playing around with the answer? It's not like people are just saying that they remember experiencing it when the attraction first opened. Some are saying they've experienced it fairly recently, or during the past few years. Myself, my doubts are just for the past ten years, since I didn't ride it early in it's conception. So I can't say anything about those early years. I actually kept hoping that I was just missing the effect since the ride has so much happening at one time. That's why, even before this recent discussion, that I'd actually look out for the effect in the ride, since so many earlier posters on IU were saying they were experiencing that effect. Heck, I was starting to think I was crazy, and I was the only person somehow missing the experience. These past few days are the first time I've heard a significant number of people, that ride Mummy a lot like I do, have the same experience as me, which has been zilch these few hundred rides. So, I'm 'holding out hope' that this actually exists and it's an intermittent problem whereby it doesn't work often and can be fixed. But I'm also prepared to face the fact that it doesn't exist, in a working state, at this point in time, or the past few years.