Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh, we're back to square one lol

He replied saying there are ticklers....but in Hollywood lol

No, he said he was creative director for Hollywood ONLY so therefore insinuating he doesn't know about the Orlando version. I think you worded your question wrong anyway. You did not mention Orlando's version. You just said RotM so why would a man who's career has been at Hollywood think you are talking about Orlando's version?

No, he said he was creative director for Hollywood ONLY so therefore insinuating he doesn't know about the Orlando version. I think you worded your question wrong anyway. You did not mention Orlando's version. You just said RotM so why would a man who's career has been at Hollywood think you are talking about Orlando's version?
I will never financially recover from this

Last edited:
Y’all know my name here, y’all know this is my ride, so I’ve been doing some thinking so it’s time to chime in.

No, I have never been tickled on The Mummy.
It's kind of an exclusive thing, you need to say the right phrase to the attendants at the entrance then you get a special audience with Brendan Fraser with complimentary coffee and tickles.
Jokes aside, this thread has been hilarious to read. Maybe we'll get them to add ticklers in a future attraction glow-up.

It's kind of an exclusive thing, you need to say the right phrase to the attendants at the entrance then you get a special audience with Brendan Fraser with complimentary coffee and tickles.
Jokes aside, this thread has been hilarious to read. Maybe we'll get them to add ticklers in a future attraction glow-up.
I'd love to be tickled by Brendan Fraser

But like 2001 Brendan Fraser, not 2021 Brendan Fraser

I'd love to be tickled by Brendan Fraser

But like 2001 Brendan Fraser, not 2021 Brendan Fraser
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F02%2F28%2F09%2F00%2FLn39oHr.gif

Hi everyone! This is my first post here after lurking for years but this discussion fascinated me so much I had to finally make an account.

I’ve only been on the Florida Mummy once, in the last few years, and didn’t pay attention to leg ticklers or lackthereof, but I don’t recall them on that ride. Hollywood is my home park and I’ve been tickled by our Mummy a million times.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Hollywood Mummy, the leg ticklers are very obvious. They‘re long plastic or rubber straps about the shape and size of fettuccini but lighter in weight that stick out under the seat and flop down to the floor. When shimmying down the row to board and exit, you brush past them with your ankles/calves. Once you take your seat, you can reach down and feel it (I have). In the scarab scene, the ticklers start spinning around, earning their name. Sometimes they break down and don’t spin, but I’ve only had that once or twice.

There must be at least a few UOR pass holders or TMs who can report something similar if the Florida Mummy indeed has the leg ticklers. Like I said, they’re incredibly obvious, way more so than even the Floridians in this thread who claim to have felt them at one point make them out to be. That makes me doubt they’re on there currently, although I’d love to hear some more of your reports! If they’re not on there now, maybe they were before. But as I said, the Hollywood ones are not so mysterious.

I also wish USH were open so I could snap a photo. I’ve seen them with my eyes but I can’t for the life of me find a photo of the dark footwell of Hollywood’s rvs.

If it never existed, it's King Louie. If it turns out to have briefly existed, it's Hatbox Ghost.
But if it never existed in Florida but it did and does exist in California...? Hmm. Let’s face it, nothing will top that King Louie drama. ;)

Switching gears a little, I have a couple of other observations from a Californian’s perspective. A) You guys have an awesome ride and I love all the differences. I can see why it’s considered the superior!
B) That said, Hollywood’s Mummy is underrated! Florida surprised me with its roughness to the point of being headache-inducing, whereas Hollywood is very smooth and re-rideable. I also wouldn’t trade our sweet backwards coaster section for Florida’s admittedly delightful false ending.