Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is purely speculation on my part, but given the fact that they are no longer accepting human test dummies, that might mean they have to change something in the program. Once you verify the changes you made are safe for humans, then you can invite them back to continue testing.

And this is just my guess based on all the stuff I see on social media about the ride faulting so much that they had to manually remove the riders. Modern ride systems have so many safety features that sometimes they decide to just not let the ride work at all. I mean, a ride that just sits there is safe, right?

This is purely speculation on my part, but given the fact that they are no longer accepting human test dummies, that might mean they have to change something in the program. Once you verify the changes you made are safe for humans, then you can invite them back to continue testing.

And this is just my guess based on all the stuff I see on social media about the ride faulting so much that they had to manually remove the riders. Modern ride systems have so many safety features that sometimes they decide to just not let the ride work at all. I mean, a ride that just sits there is safe, right?
Their default is "STOP" so there is some truth to that

Luckily there's only two switch track and one turntable verses the likes of Gringott's track detatchment and Hagrid's...well..everything

I bet it will take a few more weeks of tinkering

It's not like two staff members ran it into a screen after hours or something

I’m going on the week of 17th-24th September.

I had thought I’d definitely be okay to ride this but I’m starting to doubt it now!

When does this start to fall into blunder territory? We now know that ride hasn't had any major visual/storyline changes, and that's totally fine, but what are you doing with 8 months of time to rework an already existing ride's system? And now it's starting to feel like it won't be ready for HHN?

When does this start to fall into blunder territory? We now know that ride hasn't had any major visual/storyline changes, and that's totally fine, but what are you doing with 8 months of time to rework an already existing ride's system? And now it's starting to feel like it won't be ready for HHN?

They upgraded the projections during the bug scene and turntable, added new lighting to the launch, and repaired the AAs. But the majority of the work was a total brain transplant, from the automatic gates to the last break run. Computers, sensors, and the launch were replaced and now they're still ironing out programming bugs.

In order not to be seen as moving the goal posts I'll say that they were likely aiming for completing this by Labor Day weekend or sooner. So if this isn't ready by HHN (which is Labor Day weekend oh my god it's so soon) then I think they'd miss their "goal". And if they miss ACTUAL late summer (late sept) then I'd say it's a debacle.

They upgraded the projections during the bug scene and turntable, added new lighting to the launch, and repaired the AAs. But the majority of the work was a total brain transplant, from the automatic gates to the last break run. Computers, sensors, and the launch were replaced and now they're still ironing out programming bugs.

In order not to be seen as moving the goal posts I'll say that they were likely aiming for completing this by Labor Day weekend or sooner. So if this isn't ready by HHN (which is Labor Day weekend oh my god it's so soon) then I think they'd miss their "goal". And if they miss ACTUAL late summer (late sept) then I'd say it's a debacle.

Great point, most people forget how much time and effort has to go in all the little things like sensors, basic electrics etc. At Ripsaw most of our non-weather downtime is simply due to sensor issues.

Yeah I'd agree with this. If you don't open it in late summer considering it wasn't the massive retrack that everyone was thinking nor was the ride in total disrepair before it was shut then I'd say this was a botch.

Don't get me wrong the sensors etc I'm aware is a massive job but if this carries into October that's nine months. From Kongfrontation closing, being ripped apart, the Mummy being built with everything installed that was 20 months. So this is almost half that timeframe.

Reactions: TylerShamone
I'm going for the first time since 2017 next month, from September 6-9th, with two people who've never been at all, and I've been hyping up the Mummy all year long... Ugh. They have been so excited to ride it to see how it blows our version out of the water. Gonna be an incredible disappointment if this doesn't miraculously open, especially since this'll likely be the one and only time they ever go to Orlando (and, possibly, my last, too).

Why can’t it be they are just fixing the bugs and working out the kinks ?

Not everything has to be a “botch” job or failure on the behalf of Universal. Things happen and can go wrong unexpectedly. Especially updating a decades old ride system.

Last edited: