Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They won't be able to demolish ROTM until April 2017 right? In the Harry Potter contract, doesn't there have to be no construction until a year after the Wizarding World opens. I may be wrong, but I feel like I have heard that before.

We should also thank some of our forum members.
From the very beginning, its been lining up that the USHForums members have been very right. From the repeated mentions of Mummy going to the gutter to the eventual moving of soundstages to accommodate Lower Lot expansion. In any case; its going to be real fun to hear the crowd reaction for when this closure gets announced.

Reactions: chris.g
They won't be able to demolish ROTM until April 2017 right? In the Harry Potter contract, doesn't there have to be no construction until a year after the Wizarding World opens. I may be wrong, but I feel like I have heard that before.
I thought the rule was just no construction on the Upper Lot.

...yeah there's going to be construction on the lower lot next year so if anything it's the upper lot.

IU posted two articles tonight. Read between the lines and you'll find the answer you seek. ;)

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Well.....finally. I see this thing coming down before the summer
Surprised that your not thinking about Fall as a possiblity. As to be honest; I see Mummy staying now until the final HHN 2016 operation day, much like when Twister closed in the end of HHN25.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Mummy will be be open the entire first year of Potter. Afterwards, adios. I predict we'll see construction start on "Pets" before Mummy closes.

I'm so excited for all the possibilities for the future of the park. They can't demolish the soundstages soon enough!
TBH, I see construction for Pets to start as soon as possible, so they can get it up as fast as possible in 2017 to handle the capacity issues that will be caused once Mummy goes away.

TBH, I see construction for Pets to start as soon as possible, so they can get it up as fast as possible in 2017 to handle the capacity issues that will be caused once Mummy goes away.
Pretty much what I was saying, I think construction on Pets will start way before Mummy closes. The lot is vacant already so I hope they start ASAP. Ideally I'd like to see Pets or another major attraction open before closing Mummy.

Too bad it's closing,this is the only ride I look forward to at Universal :/ (until those at Wizarding World, of course!)

[SIZE=medium]All this news is kind of bittersweet for me. I love theme parks, but I’m also a movie buff, too. So, seeing Universal rip out sound stages, where some of the greatest films of all time were made, makes me a little sad. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]On the other hand, the theme park has to expand and you can build sound stages almost anywhere. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]But still… [/SIZE]

Hippo is not a big or fast coaster... Forbidden Journey is not exactly a major thrill ride (at least not after all the toning-down in Orlando its not, hoping for different here) & it also isn't a coaster... even with Mummy remaining for another year or two.. the new PETS ride still doesn't fill the coaster void.

Everyone is in such a hurry to get rid of this ride, but they never stop to think of what the park will be losing in the process. Even with its minimal issues, its still one of the very few indoor NON-3D thrill rides in the park. It'd be one thing if USH actually had a NEW NON-3D indoor coaster/thrill ride ready to be erected on the lower lot ASAP... but they don't (as far as we know).

I think a lot of you are taking this ride for granted. Especially in a park that has more dining/retail than it does rides.

yea... thats great and all, but it will still take forever for them to actually erect something on the lower lot... and even then, they need to actually give us something that isn't 3D, screen-based, or a simulator. Although I'm aware that isn't completely avoidable. The park needs a NEW coaster if Mummy is going to be demolished, but it also needs more dark rides that are more set-based. Cost should not be an issue at this point, but budget cuts are inevitable.

Basically what I'm trying to say is... an additional 15-20 acres is great, but only if they utilize it properly. (and still give us a coaster)

I think that acreage can perfectly cover Nintendo, Secret Life of Pets, and my wishful thinking consists of: a King Kong attraction, something horror based, or a throwback ip attraction like ET or Back to the Future.