Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No sense to rip Kong out of Backlot Tour as it is one of the central features that grants the ride its popularity. I do say, that if the rumor is true about Mummy's closure then I won't miss. Not that I don't like the ride but the soundstage has been taking up WAY too much space for any future development. It would be cool if they manage to adopt the props to the Floridan ride.

No sense to rip Kong out of Backlot Tour as it is one of the central features that grants the ride its popularity.
Not necessarily rip out. They could easily returned it to a different IP, it's just screens except for the entrance tunnel. I do get though how it'd be pointless since it's not doing badly or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sources are telling me Diagon Alley to replace Mummy and surrounding sound stages. We'll find out if it's true.

With our lack of space, I'd much rather have that space be used for different properties (plural) instead of Diagon Alley. It'd be limiting to just have Potter in such a small park.

It would also be so weird seeing Diagon Alley from a bird's eye view from the Star Way!
I agree.  Again, the reveal is lost.

I also do not like Diagon in the Lower Lot because in the attempt of storyline, wouldn't you want to start your visit in London and travel to Hogwarts?  Our park will have it backwards.

I also do not like Diagon in the Lower Lot because in the attempt of storyline, wouldn't you want to start your visit in London and travel to Hogwarts?  Our park will have it backwards.
I'll argue that USO has the liberty to go with either Hogsmeade first and then Diagon, and the opposite goes on; thanks to the damned Hogwarts Express. Which speaking of,

I believe on OU is where Parkscopejoe mentioned that Hogwarts Express IS coming to our version, just like Orlandos. Hopefully he can give some info on how the living hell that's to happen here, but that's interesting to note.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard on numerous occasions we will get DA, but time and time again the location has been just below FJ, with a relocation of the tram garages and loading area. I have also heard that we will see a land based on the classic monsters. Every discussion of it included the ROTM still be part of it, however as with anything at Universal currently... plans are changing on a regular basis. Personally I don't love ROTM, but I also don't hate it. I truly appreciate what they did with the space they had. Orlando's version is much better than ours, but space was on their side along with the budget.

I've heard on numerous occasions we will get DA, but time and time again the location has been just below FJ, with a relocation of the tram garages and loading area. I have also heard that we will see a land based on the classic monsters. Every discussion of it included the ROTM still be part of it, however as with anything at Universal currently... plans are changing on a regular basis. Personally I don't love ROTM, but I also don't hate it. I truly appreciate what they did with the space they had. Orlando's version is much better than ours, but space was on their side along with the budget.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who heard about a classic monsters land! Haven't heard about the fate of the Mummy, but I hope they redo it.