Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would just like to point out, thanks to another new IU pic of the mummy overflow; that they are really going at it on removing that pavement of the Extended line.

CZM_LbYXEAQ3HHW.jpg

Seems that they are tearing up the old pavement, but with the dawning fate that Mummy is seeming to face, I must ask; whats the one building on that right side of the Mummy stage even used for? As personally, I could see them knocking that building down, and paving it just for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier tonight a rumor passed my way that the area that Mummy sits upon would become more of a plaza area to help open up the Lower Lot... so if that is true, then they would use the land that those soundstages located behind/next to Mummy/Transformers for new rides/attractions (like we expect to happen anyway).

Of course the other "open plaza" rumor is the giftshop/Panda Express side of things... which again, we kind of expected to happen if the CSI soundstages behind that stretch of building(s) get torn down for Lower Lot expansion..

For some reason I can see both happening, but not fully... just open it wide enough to make it so Transformers is more prominent when looking at that direction.

In an interesting tidbit,

The Mummy reboot has been pushed back AGAIN, this time; Summer 2017. Its also been confirmed that Tom Cruise will star in the new reboot.

Not like it'll matter anyways, as I have total doubt that it will last to Late January of 2017..

In regards to the new Mummy movie... Tom Cruise has been confirmed since last year. And since he was originally locked to play Van Helsing in the Van Helsing remake (before that disappeared for the time being), I think he still MIGHT be playing the role of Van Helsing seeing as this is supposed to be the first movie in the new "Cinematic Monster Universe". Also, it should be noted that the new Mummy will be female. As for the movie being pushed back, it really isn't that big of a deal... it is only a four months later rather than an entire year or more.

Maybe this extended queue location needed to be repaved... we'll have to keep an eye on this area.

Reactions: Opie
I popped into the park today for a bit and saw the work they were doing behind the Mummy. It looks like they're doing more than just re paving it. I'm not saying they're getting ready to build a new ride or anything but it definitely seems more extensive than re paving.

Reactions: Opie
I popped into the park today for a bit and saw the work they were doing behind the Mummy. It looks like they're doing more than just re paving it. I'm not saying they're getting ready to build a new ride or anything but it definitely seems more extensive than re paving.
Hearing it's going to be a new break room for TMs.

Reactions: Freak
It's going to be a nice place for team members. In there, they can sing, they can dance, and best of all, KAAAAZZZOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh, and they're replacing the Mummy with Revenge of the Kazoo. It's going to be fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!!!!!!
It sounds like you also like to preteeeeeend!

Fun fact: the Spirit Who Has Come to Play will now be voicing the queue dialogue.

I heard it from someone pretty reliable but people can always be wrong. Maybe this will serve as a temporary break room until they can find a more permanent solution?

I don't know anything about anything, but it looks as though they are excavating down to the foundation. Like they were going to put in water/sewer. Seems like a lot to do for a break room, although if there's bathrooms maybe that's necessary. Where is the break room now?

Reactions: Aaron