Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

You're taking out more than just WaterWorld though. I doubt they would remove those backstage facilities and pathways. I think both Nintendo and Diagon are going in the Lower-Lot. I honestly do not see us getting Diagon Alley without the Hogwarts Express. 

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Concurred. Even then a DA on the Upper Lot would possibly mean no Gringotts or cutting corners - something I would hate to see. My best guess for DA is it going on the Lower Lot. 

While I'd be bummed if there were no Hogwarts Express, if there is a Diagon Alley, it really has to include Gringotts if you ask me.

I mean, one of the things I tend to overhear guests say as they enter Harry Potter are words to the effect of:  What is there to do?  i.e., what ride does it have?  Having Diagon Alley, while amazing, would be very lackluster as an attraction, since it's ultimately just more shops and food.

My thoughts are that USH would not want to remove their only roller coaster unless they have another coaster to replace it with.  If DA goes into the upper lot...could Mummy stay?

If DA does go into the Upper Lot, there are significant changes that could take place because you will not need 2 Ollivander attractions next to each other.  Would they keep DA's version (which is thematically correct), or would they adjust Hogsmead (which you can already tell that Zonko's is designed for an easy removal why not remove Ollivander's as well)?

In any case...our Diagon Alley could be similar to what Japan creates because these would be very similar situations for them.

If Mummy goes for Nintendo, with those soundstages north of it included; I highly suspect a new coaster would be incoming. Especially since that there's a IP from Nintendo that works with a coaster.

And I'm also considering as Orlando's Nuthouse seems to be going as well for their Nintendoland.

As for possibly getting rid of Ollivanders for Hogsmeade, I think we'll still have one for Hogsmeade and one for Diagon; strictly for capacity reasons

But Wiseacres for Hogsmeade, I see a change in that. If anything, more as a cosmetic change

With Revenge of the Mummy and these cluster of Sound Stages it ranges close to 9 acres of space. Nintendo is supposed to be slightly larger than Diagon Alley (7 acres) so I'm not sure where else they could put Nintendo. 

26139317505_34fdd7e147_b.jpg

I can't believe people are still talking about bringing Diagon Alley to USH. 

1. There's barely enough space in the park to bring a land almost the size of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

2. Because USH is such a small park and not too many attractions could be placed there, different IPs should be brought to the park instead of The Wizarding World taking up almost half of the park.

3. Hogwarts Express would not make it in. There is no way it would connect with Hogsmeade if it were placed where RotM is, nor where Water World is. 

4. Diagon Alley is not iconic as Hogwarts/Hogsmeade.

^I have no idea, but from the tone of your reply, it sounds like you haven't been to the one in Florida, or if you have, you were pretty unimpressed.  But I've been, and even as a not big Harry Potter fan, I was totally amazed by the area, and found it to be one of the single most themed areas I have ever experienced in a theme park, period.  Iconic or not, it was amazing.  Isn't that enough?  Really, tons of people are now visiting Universal largely on the basis of Harry Potter... so why wouldn't they dedicate a large amount of space to it?  I still think there's plenty of other stuff to do that's not Harry Potter related.

Plus, many here have already mentioned that Hogwarts Express wouldn't fit, and I personally feel that's true as well.

Now, the space issue.. that's the big one that's still up for grabs, if you ask me.

I can't believe people are still talking about bringing Diagon Alley to USH. 

1. There's barely enough space in the park to bring a land almost the size of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

2. Because USH is such a small park and not too many attractions could be placed there, different IPs should be brought to the park instead of The Wizarding World taking up almost half of the park.

3. Hogwarts Express would not make it in. There is no way it would connect with Hogsmeade if it were placed where RotM is, nor where Water World is. 

4. Diagon Alley is not iconic as Hogwarts/Hogsmeade.

1.) There is. When you remove soundstages down in the lower lot, or sacrifice the current Tram Plaza (Load/Unload/Repair Bay) and some of the Citywalk.

2.) While its true, Potter is a Juggernaut in terms of sales, and is continuing to gain massive amounts of profit to UC, Comcast, WB and J.K. Rowling

3.) If Diagons heading to the lower Lot, you can make it work. It just depends if they want to plus the experience in the trains and the layout itself of the track

4.) I'll disagree, wholeheartingly. Diagon Alley is home to some of the most iconic locals from the Potter Series, including Knockturn Alley, Gringotts, and the original location of Ollivanders. And not to mention London itself, which has been iconic in the series from many different locals in the film series; one notably is Kings Cross and then other locals like The Leaky Cauldron and also Grummalds. Also not even mentioning the Knight Bus as appeared in Askaban.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but as much as I'd love a hogwarts express to connect the lower and upper lot, I don't see universal wanting to waste their money on it considering how much they've been penny pinching everything. At Orlando, it's great for universal since it's a great motivator to buy a park hopper pass, as it's the only way to get on. It worked on me, at least haha. 

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but as much as I'd love a hogwarts express to connect the lower and upper lot, I don't see universal wanting to waste their money on it considering how much they've been penny pinching everything. At Orlando, it's great for universal since it's a great motivator to buy a park hopper pass, as it's the only way to get on. It worked on me, at least haha. 

I'd imagine if DA is for the lower lot, it'd be more about having a new mode of transportation to the LL than anything, as the only way to get down there right now, is the Starway. Plus the disabled shuttles to go down there.

Diagon is most certainly eventually making its way here, and that's because it's up there with one of the best theme park lands in the world. Only Cars Land and Tokyo DisneySea (as so I've heard) compares with it. Like others said, I'm not a huge Potter fan but I spent nearly half my two days at Universal there because it's just so damn cool and impressive. And Gringotts is a fantastic ride.

Also the lower lot does have more room for Diagon. Just in another direction.  ;)

A little late but now that I remember I believe it was Murdy himself, and he would know since he contributed to the dark ride experience who confirmed that the Mummy Attraction isn't going anywhere. 

A little late but now that I remember I believe it was Murdy himself, and he would know since he contributed to the dark ride experience who confirmed that the Mummy Attraction isn't going anywhere. 

I would think that its safe for the rest of this 2016 year..but perhaps, early 2017? It would make sense. It makes way too much sense, and considering that it's a big road block to get the Lower Lot better, it will need to eventually go. And, it'd allow one final year for that Venue to be used for HHN, after ten years at that location.

I agree. If he went ahead and said it isn't going anywhere I think that speaks for at least the rest of the year and maybe even 2017 because he must have at least some idea of what universal studios schedule for future projects looks like to be able to confirm with that bold response instead of saying something like "its not going anywhere for now" but who knows. If they are moving down to the lower lot after the finish polishing up the upper lot I believe their first projects they might tackle down would be maybe giving the escalator's some attention and also the rumored Jurassic Park Upgrade and the rumored Secret Life of Pet's attraction

I agree. If he went ahead and said it isn't going anywhere I think that speaks for at least the rest of the year and maybe even 2017 because he must have at least some idea of what universal studios schedule for future projects looks like to be able to confirm with that bold response instead of saying something like "its not going anywhere for now" but who knows. If they are moving down to the lower lot after the finish polishing up the upper lot I believe their first projects they might tackle down would be maybe giving the escalator's some attention and also the rumored Jurassic Park Upgrade and the rumored Secret Life of Pet's attraction

If you read our original article, we stated that this was a project years in the making. There are big plans in the works, and they take years to reach fruition.