Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

I can't believe people are still talking about bringing Diagon Alley to USH. 

1. There's barely enough space in the park to bring a land almost the size of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

2. Because USH is such a small park and not too many attractions could be placed there, different IPs should be brought to the park instead of The Wizarding World taking up almost half of the park.

3. Hogwarts Express would not make it in. There is no way it would connect with Hogsmeade if it were placed where RotM is, nor where Water World is. 

4. Diagon Alley is not iconic as Hogwarts/Hogsmeade.

Hold this L for me

1.) There is. When you remove soundstages down in the lower lot, or sacrifice the current Tram Plaza (Load/Unload/Repair Bay) and some of the Citywalk.

2.) While its true, Potter is a Juggernaut in terms of sales, and is continuing to gain massive amounts of profit to UC, Comcast, WB and J.K. Rowling

3.) If Diagons heading to the lower Lot, you can make it work. It just depends if they want to plus the experience in the trains and the layout itself of the track

4.) I'll disagree, wholeheartingly. Diagon Alley is home to some of the most iconic locals from the Potter Series, including Knockturn Alley, Gringotts, and the original location of Ollivanders. And not to mention London itself, which has been iconic in the series from many different locals in the film series; one notably is Kings Cross and then other locals like The Leaky Cauldron and also Grummalds. Also not even mentioning the Knight Bus as appeared in Askaban.

You make a great point. However you misunderstood my opinion on number and my apologies for not being specific. Obviously Diagon Alley is iconic in a Potter fan's point of view as it was featured several times during the films, but what about those who aren't? From my own experience, I've come across people who have recognized Hogwarts despite not being a Potter fan or even watching the movies. You can just ask any non-Potter fan about Hogwarts or Diagon Alley and it's more likely that anyone would recognize Hogwarts as if it were Jurassic Park, and wonder on what Diagon Alley is. I can't blame them because Hogwarts itself is a focal point, it's dazzling, it looks magical, whereas DA, in my opinion, does not look as appealing as Hogwarts. Even back in 2012 I went to Orlando and was excited to go to the Hogwarts despite watching only the first four films, but didn't even bother to return for DA because I didn't really recognize it.

Apologize for the double post, but just something that's been on my mind regarding the ride...

With all of these rumors swirling about the Mummy closing up shop next year, I'm actually going to miss this ride somewhat. It's certainly not great, but at least it fulfills its purpose of being the main coaster at USH. I've always talked down on this ride as it's not nearly as good as Orlando's, but at least it's okay for what it is. 

Since it will likely be torn down soon, I really hope they put in a better rendition of this somewhere else in the park. Can we please get Singapore's Mummy? R&D costs are already done! I'm not mad this may be leaving (Even though I'll *kinda* miss it), but it would be nice to have an indoor thrill ride that isn't just a family coaster. 

I would think that its safe for the rest of this 2016 year..but perhaps, early 2017? It would make sense. It makes way too much sense, and considering that it's a big road block to get the Lower Lot better, it will need to eventually go. And, it'd allow one final year for that Venue to be used for HHN, after ten years at that location.

On that note if Murdy said the mummy isnt going anywhere If you guys havent heard yet the Franchise reboot of the mummy is confirmred     Im thinking the ride of the same name but just a new remodeling in 2017 to propose an entirely new Dark ride for the upcoming film If you see the production photos you can see it has nothing to do with egypt so I see a new remodeling coming

On that note if Murdy said the mummy isnt going anywhere If you guys havent heard yet the Franchise reboot of the mummy is confirmred     Im thinking the ride of the same name but just a new remodeling in 2017 to propose an entirely new Dark ride for the upcoming film If you see the production photos you can see it has nothing to do with egypt so I see a new remodeling coming

Even as the franchise is getting rebooted; it can fail miserably. Much like how Dracula Untold would've been, Mummy is supposed to kickstart a brand new cinematic Universe for the monsters.

Whether or not its a success, we'll find eventually but it just doesn't make sense to keep holding land that would be better suited for other means. That's not to say though, we could see the Monsters make their way to something with Orlando in the near future that's not ROTM; which isn't impossible. But as it is right now; Hollywood needs as much space as possible, with ROTM being in ways; dated. Not to mention, that it was planned to of been so much more (considering what other people have said, of what it would've entailed); it makes sense to let it go to the pasture.

We know nothing about the Mummy reboot in its entirety, it could very well have ties to Egypt still. The only real difference is that the Mummy will be a female. And while Dracula Untold was beyond terrible, I don't believe its been completely written off entirely due to the "modern day" scene at the end. There is no need to kill off the only Monster themed classic dark ride/coaster in the park anytime soon or wish its demise. Everything in the park could be considered "dated" in one way or another (....from a certain point of view)

Orlando is not likely to get anything Monsters related anytime soon... they just killed off the only thing (Beetlejuice) keeping them alive outside of Monsters Café. Unfortunately, Universal seems to be making weird choices for their Monster Cinematic Universe (which they also have no idea of the direction they want to take it).

I'm curious to see what happens with Mummy... but I do think it'd be a big loss if they don't have something major lined up. And by major, I do mean a new thrilling dark ride/coaster.

We know nothing about the Mummy reboot in its entirety, it could very well have ties to Egypt still. The only real difference is that the Mummy will be a female. And while Dracula Untold was beyond terrible, I don't believe its been completely written off entirely due to the "modern day" scene at the end. There is no need to kill off the only Monster themed classic dark ride/coaster in the park anytime soon or wish its demise. Everything in the park could be considered "dated" in one way or another (....from a certain point of view)

Orlando is not likely to get anything Monsters related anytime soon... they just killed off the only thing (Beetlejuice) keeping them alive outside of Monsters Café. Unfortunately, Universal seems to be making weird choices for their Monster Cinematic Universe (which they also have no idea of the direction they want to take it).

I'm curious to see what happens with Mummy... but I do think it'd be a big loss if they don't have something major lined up. And by major, I do mean a new thrilling dark ride/coaster.

Unless if the park is lacking space. And, it is in a way. Like it or not, Mummy is a roadblock that needs to go. Not because theres a need to kill off one of the two Monster themed attractions (Technically; I count TWDA as the second, as Zombies are considered monsters in some attribute). But because it is on space that would be better used for the lower lots future growth.

They don't have to tear down the Mummy/ET SS... could expand it if they need to, but depending on what they might want to do with that particular location, sometimes it is necessary & easier just to demolish what is there & start from the ground up. They used the existing building for Mummy, but not to its full potential.

one of the two Monster themed attractions (Technically; I count TWDA as the second, as Zombies are considered monsters in some attribute).

Don't violate the classic monsters like that by lumping them in with something generic like zombies. <_<

They don't have to tear down the Mummy/ET SS... could expand it if they need to, but depending on what they might want to do with that particular location, sometimes it is necessary & easier just to demolish what is there & start from the ground up. They used the existing building for Mummy, but not to its full potential.

Don't violate the classic monsters like that by lumping them in with something generic like zombies. <_<

I count classic monsters as a means of Horror. And something also in the Horror genre is with Zombies..hence, why I place those two as is.

Spoke with "someone" and they said that there are no plans to get rid of mummy currently, yet take that with a grain of salt.