Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

VolcanoAye

Rookie
Sep 15, 2019
I'm not sure if this is highly speculated, but Mummy becoming something Jworld seems like the obvious choice for a change. While I don't love the Jworld theming, it would clean the place up and add a bit of cohesion. My money would be a dark ride or simulator (perhaps interactive), as well as retheme to the majority of the area. For transformers, I don't think its in any danger, but I could see them making the lower lot fully Jurassic world theme, and adding a side entrance to transformers,
You never know, if the Beijing JW dark Ride goes over enough they may consider it

Rideguy70

Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
Is that even debatable. :):lol:
It's funny you say that, because even as a Hollywood local, I always thought Orlando was better. But I've found many (though certainly not all) in Orlando like Hollywood better.

Arguments for Hollywood include that Orlando's backwards section is a joke, there's very little continuity (meaning there's long passages where seemingly not much happens--mainly the "backwards" park and the long turn around really kill the momentum), and their fast section is a bit rough, jarring, and uneven in speed.

While arguably Hollywood is much less thrilling, in it's favor: much more significant backwards section, the pacing is better (the dark ride sections building pretty nicely to the fast section, and the fast ride really holds it's momentum), and it's pretty smooth. Ending still sucks though, can't argue that, lol.

Fallow

Veteran Member
May 26, 2010
It's funny you say that, because even as a Hollywood local, I always thought Orlando was better. But I've found many (though certainly not all) in Orlando like Hollywood better.

Arguments for Hollywood include that Orlando's backwards section is a joke, there's very little continuity (meaning there's long passages where seemingly not much happens--mainly the "backwards" park and the long turn around really kill the momentum), and their fast section is a bit rough, jarring, and uneven in speed.

While arguably Hollywood is much less thrilling, in it's favor: much more significant backwards section, the pacing is better (the dark ride sections building pretty nicely to the fast section, and the fast ride really holds it's momentum), and it's pretty smooth. Ending still sucks though, can't argue that, lol.
I've always felt Orlando has better dark ride components (despite its lack of cohesion and bonkers ending) while Hollywood has better coaster elements, particularly its backward maneuvers.

Singapore probably takes the cake overall, though, with the superior show elements making up for any lacking coaster elements.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush