Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

I'm not sure if this is highly speculated, but Mummy becoming something Jworld seems like the obvious choice for a change. While I don't love the Jworld theming, it would clean the place up and add a bit of cohesion. My money would be a dark ride or simulator (perhaps interactive), as well as retheme to the majority of the area. For transformers, I don't think its in any danger, but I could see them making the lower lot fully Jurassic world theme, and adding a side entrance to transformers,
You never know, if the Beijing JW dark Ride goes over enough they may consider it

Is that even debatable. :):lol:

It's funny you say that, because even as a Hollywood local, I always thought Orlando was better. But I've found many (though certainly not all) in Orlando like Hollywood better.

Arguments for Hollywood include that Orlando's backwards section is a joke, there's very little continuity (meaning there's long passages where seemingly not much happens--mainly the "backwards" park and the long turn around really kill the momentum), and their fast section is a bit rough, jarring, and uneven in speed.

While arguably Hollywood is much less thrilling, in it's favor: much more significant backwards section, the pacing is better (the dark ride sections building pretty nicely to the fast section, and the fast ride really holds it's momentum), and it's pretty smooth. Ending still sucks though, can't argue that, lol.

It's funny you say that, because even as a Hollywood local, I always thought Orlando was better. But I've found many (though certainly not all) in Orlando like Hollywood better.

Arguments for Hollywood include that Orlando's backwards section is a joke, there's very little continuity (meaning there's long passages where seemingly not much happens--mainly the "backwards" park and the long turn around really kill the momentum), and their fast section is a bit rough, jarring, and uneven in speed.

While arguably Hollywood is much less thrilling, in it's favor: much more significant backwards section, the pacing is better (the dark ride sections building pretty nicely to the fast section, and the fast ride really holds it's momentum), and it's pretty smooth. Ending still sucks though, can't argue that, lol.

I've always felt Orlando has better dark ride components (despite its lack of cohesion and bonkers ending) while Hollywood has better coaster elements, particularly its backward maneuvers.

Singapore probably takes the cake overall, though, with the superior show elements making up for any lacking coaster elements.

Someone a while back posted the original much better ending for this. At the moment it just kind of ends and you’re left thinking...wait what. But it’s a fun ride up until that point.

It does seem to me like the future of this space is wide open, which is really exciting. I will always have a soft spot for this ride though, part of me hopes it doesn’t go anywhere for a long time! Maybe just give it a fresh coat of paint, so to speak.

I'm a coaster fanatic. Grew up near USH/SFMM etc., and have been in the seattle area 32 years and still go back to USH et al almost yearly. Special places in my heart.

I just got back from Orlando and my first trip to USO. I reallllllly enjoyed the mummy better over there, which surprised me because as short as it is, I love the mummy at USH. My factors included the length of the ride, it felt faster with a couple of stops and reroutes keeping me on my toes...that drop through the 2nd door and stop was great and the flaming mummy soldiers popping out in the beginning actually made me scream lol. But they are both different enough to keep my interest.

I would really like to see USH put more "ride rides" in, another coaster if anything. Something thrilling to replace mummy. Shrek is terrible, simpsons is intolerable without Dramamine and minions, while adorable, is also played out IMHO. Something a bit timeless. I miss battlestar galactica lol.

I'm a coaster fanatic. Grew up near USH/SFMM etc., and have been in the seattle area 32 years and still go back to USH et al almost yearly. Special places in my heart.

I just got back from Orlando and my first trip to USO. I reallllllly enjoyed the mummy better over there, which surprised me because as short as it is, I love the mummy at USH. My factors included the length of the ride, it felt faster with a couple of stops and reroutes keeping me on my toes...that drop through the 2nd door and stop was great and the flaming mummy soldiers popping out in the beginning actually made me scream lol. But they are both different enough to keep my interest.

I would really like to see USH put more "ride rides" in, another coaster if anything. Something thrilling to replace mummy. Shrek is terrible, simpsons is intolerable without Dramamine and minions, while adorable, is also played out IMHO. Something a bit timeless. I miss battlestar galactica lol.

Shrek? That closed more than 2 years ago.

I share you love of the Mummy though, I've said before and I'll say it again, I'll miss the hell out of it when it goes.