Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

Re-theme the Mummy coaster to a Jurassic World indoor dark raptor escape coaster. This would somewhat give some cohesiveness to the lower lot. This wouldn’t be completely out of the question. We’re already getting a raptor coaster in IOA. I think this would be a great idea. I’ll be awaiting my check Uni :)

Re-theme the Mummy coaster to a Jurassic World indoor dark raptor escape coaster. This would somewhat give some cohesiveness to the lower lot. This wouldn’t be completely out of the question. We’re already getting a raptor coaster in IOA. I think this would be a great idea. I’ll be awaiting my check Uni :)
If they’re going to go through all of that trouble, I would rather they just build a new indoor coaster from the ground-up. RotM’s coaster is “meh”. I like the idea though!

The way I see it, in 2 years if Nintendo land opens, the lower lot will be compromised of small lands, Jurassic World, Nintendo, and random Transformers and Mummy. Obviously Transformers is not going anywhere but Mummy could be on the chopping block. Why not make a new ride in Mummy themed to Transformers and have a little Transformers area. Also change the facade on the Transformers Ride and make that area more aesthetically appealing.

The way I see it, in 2 years if Nintendo land opens, the lower lot will be compromised of small lands, Jurassic World, Nintendo, and random Transformers and Mummy. Obviously Transformers is not going anywhere but Mummy could be on the chopping block. Why not make a new ride in Mummy themed to Transformers and have a little Transformers area. Also change the facade on the Transformers Ride and make that area more aesthetically appealing.
I just don't know why we really need another ride. I honestly think the first ride is pretty much perfect for what a Transformers ride could be. I know we would but I wish somehow it was more Nintendo.

Nintendo has a Verity of IP's that have all stood the test of time and Nintendo almost always pushes quality products.

My son and I rode the Mummy yesterday, and he pointed out the fog blast at the end was new. Was that how it was originally? He said it was there two weeks ago as well.

Rode today and the music was completely off throughout the coaster portion. Dead silence moving past cheap funhouse neon boards. Just atrocious.

This needs to either come down or undergo and complete renovation because as-is it’s an embarrassment.

They should retheme the mummy coaster to transformers. That way we have a Jurassic World, Nintendo, and Transformers mini lands.

What do you guys think?

They should retheme the mummy coaster to transformers. That way we have a Jurassic World, Nintendo, and Transformers mini lands.

What do you guys think?
2 transformer rides don't make sense. They should just give it some TLC and leave the theme. it is still a fun ride and the only coaster in the park. (Hippogryph is fun kiddie coaster but thats it)

Because Transformers is a dead franchise that Uni doesn't control.

That didn’t stop them from using Bourne in Orlando.

Keyword is "control". Universal owns the Bourne license, they do not own Transformers. Makes a huge difference with licensing rights, plus a new Bourne show did just debut last week (although ratings were not great, so not arguing your first point)

Keyword is "control". Universal owns the Bourne license, they do not own Transformers. Makes a huge difference with licensing rights, plus a new Bourne show did just debut last week (although ratings were not great, so not arguing your first point)

Im pretty sure that Uni doesn’t consider Transformers a dead franchise. If they did they wouldn’t of announced a Transformers land(the first one ever btw) in Beijing.

LOL

Transformers isn't dead while it still gets great guest satisfaction scores and long lines.
When Mummy eventually goes it's not being rethemed. They will demolish the building. It's literally the only thing standing in the way of further expansion into the stages behind, which are already earmarked for theme park growth.

Transformers isn't dead while it still gets great guest satisfaction scores and long lines.
When Mummy eventually goes it's not being rethemed. They will demolish the building. It's literally the only thing standing in the way of further expansion into the stages behind, which are already earmarked for theme park growth.
It will probably be gone in the next 4-8 years.

But they did Stranger Things and Killer Klowns for Horror Nights