Reviews & Media - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Reviews & Media - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We were talking about this on the other thread, but I thought I'd bring it here; Theme Park Review's.. erm, review.

I made a comment without reading the interview myself, but after going back and reading it, it's not a bad review. It's a good review, just with some stupid opinions. The major one being that = apparently there isn't enough theming because the ride goes to fast to see it? What? It's still themed extremely well. Speed doesn't make a ride un-themed. That's ridiculous. The other major one that he brought up is that it replaced a thrill coaster in Dueling Dragons, and it was stupid to put Hagrid on that land. I guess I could see why he'd be pissed at the thrill level, but there's a new coaster coming next door that'll be better than DD ever was. So his opinion is questionable on that one.

He did bring up a really good point, however. The height limit. It really should have been 44" instead of 48".

He did bring up a really good point, however. The height limit. It really should have been 44" instead of 48".

Technically, that would be his worst point. As opposed to Disney, which creates their own height requirements; Universal differs to the manufacturer’s recommended height requirements.

Not to mention Wavebreaker is also 48” and is significantly less intense with significantly less elements than this.

So he thinks a thrill coaster should’ve been replaced with a thrill coaster and he also thinks the height requirement should be 44”. :eek:O:

Let’s also forget the fact nothing in Universal is 44” except Dudley... “44 inches” is Disney. Universal is either 40” or 42”. But he’s the “expert”.

Also, try to bring up any of those points and disagree with him on his forum just for fun. See how quickly he bans you. :lol:

Technically, that would be his worst point. As opposed to Disney, which creates their own height requirements; Universal differs to the manufacturer’s recommended height requirements.

Not to mention Wavebreaker is also 48” and is significantly less intense with significantly less elements than this.

So he thinks a thrill coaster should’ve been replaced with a thrill coaster and he also thinks the height requirement should be 44”. :eek:O:

Let’s also forget the fact nothing in Universal is 44” except Dudley... “44 inches” is Disney. Universal is either 40” or 42”. But he’s the “expert”.

Also, try to bring up any of those points and disagree with him on his forum just for fun. See how quickly he bans you. :lol:

Oh, he banned me long ago lmao. I didn't say he was a nice guy.

Tom looks like he's enjoying it:

62309205_2429387757107632_588127326588370944_n.jpg

62239418_2429387700440971_5613194773205614592_o.jpg

Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is a winner in every sense of the word, and Universal should be damn proud of this attraction.

REVIEW: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Islands of Adventure | Inside Universal
Excellent review. My favorite line of your review is, "I had an enormous smile on my face for the entire duration, grinning ear to ear. During our exit of the vehicle, the smile hadn't left." ...and that's the way I describe my rides on my favorite Disney attraction, Splash Mountain. This Hagrid attraction seems to be the complete package.

Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is a winner in every sense of the word, and Universal should be damn proud of this attraction.

REVIEW: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Islands of Adventure | Inside Universal

"The ride vehicles are fantastic, vibrating with heavy bass of the engine."

That's a nice touch.

I don't know if you're still doing your AMA but would you have a preference between the front and back?

Edit: Looking through a ton of photos now and one thing is apparent. Every single rider has a giant smile on their face. Some coasters have a mixture of smiles and fear, other rides have smiles and boredom but I’ve never seen so many happy people on a ride.

Last edited:

Awesome and love the pics, as well! :cheers:

Quick question: did you spot the salamander? I haven't seen it on anyone's pictures from yesterday and can't figure out where it is, lol. I know there's some musion salamanders in the preshow, but thought there was a physical one, as well? Or is the one seen below a GCI creature and I've been fooled? :look:

Reactions: tankart150
Here's what I'll say until I can digest what just happened: absolutely phenomenal. I did the bike(with the one and only @RollermanDan in the sidecar). The ride had a lot more "kick" to it than even I had anticipated, and I was one of the people clamoring about just how intense it may be back when they first started erecting supports. The launches are very noticeable, animatronics were smooth, and the scenery was astonishing.

The queue was a nice change up from the DD/DC queue, with the only familiar parts being the roundabout and the cave tunnels, but those were even changed just enough to feel fresh.

This ride is a winner, hands down. Cannot wait to try sidecar, and ride in the dark.

Here's what I'll say until I can digest what just happened: absolutely phenomenal. I did the bike(with the one and only @RollermanDan in the sidecar). The ride had a lot more "kick" to it than even I had anticipated, and I was one of the people clamoring about just how intense it may be back when they first started erecting supports. The launches are very noticeable, animatronics were smooth, and the scenery was astonishing.

The queue was a nice change up from the DD/DC queue, with the only familiar parts being the roundabout and the cave tunnels, but those were even changed just enough to feel fresh.

This ride is a winner, hands down. Cannot wait to try sidecar, and ride in the dark.

Glad to see you enjoyed it! Were you able to see the show building during the backwards part and how much did the trees shield different coaster sections from each other?

Glad to see you enjoyed it! Were you able to see the show building during the backwards part and how much did the trees shield different coaster sections from each other?
It all happened pretty quickly, but I couldn't really see much show building. There's of course gonna be some overlap of the sections until the trees fill in more, but it's not at all like many have feared. Honestly, I was having too much fun to nitpick anything. Friggin blast, that thing is.

For those of you who have rode it, how was the theming in the drop track building? I’m not wanting detail; just curious of the overall feeling you were left with.

Reactions: Ryno27