Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Reviews & Media - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Rode this on yesterday after a 2 hour wait.

I will say that overall it is a very good ride.

The queue definitely is lacking. That part was pretty disappointing when you compare to FJ or Gringotts.

The launches were a lot of fun, probably the best part of the ride for me. I was in the very back row so the spike wasn’t very fun as I didn’t get to go up much. Both the Hagrid and Skrewt animatronics were not functioning so that wasn’t cool. For some reason I was expecting the drop to have some more oomph. It wasn’t as dramatic as I had thought it would be.

All that being said I’d probably give the ride an 8 out of 10. It’s very good, probably the best HP ride at Universal. However, it’s not even in the same ballpark as Flight of Passage in terms of best ride in Orlando for me.

The queue definitely is lacking. That part was pretty disappointing when you compare to FJ or Gringotts.

The launches were a lot of fun, probably the best part of the ride for me. I was in the very back row so the spike wasn’t very fun as I didn’t get to go up much. Both the Hagrid and Skrewt animatronics were not functioning so that wasn’t cool. For some reason I was expecting the drop to have some more oomph. It wasn’t as dramatic as I had thought it would be.

All that being said I’d probably give the ride an 8 out of 10. It’s very good, probably the best HP ride at Universal. However, it’s not even in the same ballpark as Flight of Passage in terms of best ride in Orlando for me.

About on par with FoP for me. Both are damn good attractions that I would highly recommend to anyone, but full just short of GOAT status. Third favorite rides in their respective parks (Dino and Everest, Spidey and FJ).

Sad things weren’t working for you.

Still think this is leagues better than Flight of Passage.

About on par with FoP for me. Both are damn good attractions that I would highly recommend to anyone, but full just short of GOAT status. Third favorite rides in their respective parks (Dino and Everest, Spidey and FJ).
So, FoP is the sixth best ride you are taking about? Because Dino and Everest are pedestrian compared to Spiderman and FJ. I mean, Everest is a middling coaster that rides past a really big stuffed animal.

So, FoP is the sixth best ride you are taking about? Because Dino and Everest are pedestrian compared to Spiderman and FJ. I mean, Everest is a middling coaster that rides past a really big stuffed animal.

Not necessarily. Both are third in their respective parks (to me), is what I'm saying.

I won't do a full review on Hagrid's since my personal view is that it takes a minimum of three to five rides to do get a real handle on an attraction. That said, with only two rides in, I was surprised with how intense the ride felt (rode on the motorbike both times), and how forceful some of the launches were. And I've been following this ride for a lonnnnng time. My preliminary feeling is that the last third of the ride is where it excels. Alene, who isn't much of a coaster fan, didn't like the backwards section, so that might be an issue for some people that aren't into coasters. Myself, I enjoyed that entire part. Alene's favorite was the drop track (she had zero knowledge of the attraction before her ride). At this point in time, I would say this would rank as my fourth best ride at Universal. Of course, that ranking may change after more rides on the next trip.

I won't do a full review on Hagrid's since my personal view is that it takes a minimum of three to five rides to do get a real handle on an attraction. That said, with only two rides in, I was surprised with how intense the ride felt (rode on the motorbike both times), and how forceful some of the launches were. And I've been following this ride for a lonnnnng time. My preliminary feeling is that the last third of the ride is where it excels. Alene, who isn't much of a coaster fan, didn't like the backwards section, so that might be an issue for some people that aren't into coasters. Myself, I enjoyed that entire part. Alene's favorite was the drop track (she had zero knowledge of the attraction before her ride). At this point in time, I would say this would rank as my fourth best ride at Universal. Of course, that ranking may change after more rides on the next trip.
Im pretty much with you. Ive only rode twice, will hopefully get many more this coming April, but was also surprised and thrilled with just how thrilling a ride this is. This is my kind of coaster, just pure fun, speed, quick turns, backwards, the drop portion. In some odd ways reminds me of Cheetah Hunt with lots of launches, some amazing pure coaster sections close to the ground, mix that in with the Hagrid's/Harry Potter theme and its a total winner in my book. I like your thinking that it takes 3-5 rides to really judge. Id generally agree with that especially with a ride like this where there is a lot going on.

My initial reaction getting off the motorbike was "BEST RIDE AT UOR" and now I'm more like "TOP 3 FOR SURE". Spidey and FJ are excellent as well. Man, IOA has arguably 3 of THE top tier best rides in Orlando. No wonder its still trip advisors #1 park.

I previously posted my opinions on this ride, but I am happy to pass along that this is now my parents’ favorite ride as well - to the point that we rode it three times this weekend.

Dad rode the bike all three times. He formerly rode actual motorcycles, and he thinks this is better as he’s “not brave enough to corner like that”. I sat behind him on the bike twice, and sure enough, every launch he would start “revving” with excitement.

Mom was in the side car with him each time (she’s would not be able to hold herself on the bike due to a past neck surgery), and absolutely loves it. She particularly loves the drop, reporting that she screams every time. She likes the speed and how it sounds/feels like you’re actually gunning a motorcycle.

The single rider I was with the last time asked nervously if I had been on it before and if it was as good as people say. I told him he’d be screaming in the best way, and sure enough, he whooped and hollered the whole way. When we were disembarking, he said it was the best ride he has ever been on.

I’ve now done the bike twice and sidecar twice. I’d say they are both fantastic, although there is a slight thrill edge to the bike for me. I am shorter (5’2”), so due to how far I have to lean forward to grab the handlebars, I get major air over hills, which is quite fun.

Our last ride was a night ride, which was fantastic. The headlights are a fantastic touch to light the track. I don’t think I have a preference of day vs night, it’s just good all the way around.

Got to ride Hagrid's three times during the December OI meetup and absolutely LOVED it. Loved the launches, loved being able to ride it at night (and didn't feel like I missed any visuals because of it), and loved being able to experience both seats.

Not a big fan of the backwards movement - it's the reason I can't ride Everest more than once in an hour - but I was also stuffed up on all the free food from the meetup, and that could've taken its toll on me and my equilibrium.

I got in line for my second ride before the Saturday meetup started, opting for single rider. It was a mistake - the line was super-short (only about 20 minutes long), and ended inside the twisty caves, while SR was taking forever. I usually travel the parks solo and like to take advantage of single rider, but the standby queue always moved steadily each time and took away any SR benefit (IMO).

Being able to experience this without significant delays (and ROTR a few times in the same trip) was a massive highlight. Kudos to the team that brought this experience to life.

I usually travel the parks solo and like to take advantage of single rider, but the standby queue always moved steadily each time and took away any SR benefit
I’m with you on that. On almost any other ride I'll use singles, but it just doesn't feel worth it here. Even if singles is a bit shorter, standby moves so fast that it's much more bearable.

Quick question. On the backwards part, how strong are the g-forces? They don't bother me but my wife's back doesn't do well with hard g's or being snapped around. She can ride Banshee at Kings Island but Diamondback was too much. I don't have any real idea of what compares to Hagrid. Obviously, Slink Dog and 7DMT didn't bother her and Everest was on the verge of being too intense.

Quick question. On the backwards part, how strong are the g-forces? They don't bother me but my wife's back doesn't do well with hard g's or being snapped around. She can ride Banshee at Kings Island but Diamondback was too much. I don't have any real idea of what compares to Hagrid. Obviously, Slink Dog and 7DMT didn't bother her and Everest was on the verge of being too intense.
In my opinion the backwards part of Everest is much more intense than hagrids.

I agree. I’d worry more about the figure 8 above the lake.

It's so hard to predict which intensity will impact her neck/back. Stunt Job Coaster is too harsh, particularly in the spiral up right after the launch. Banshee, which should be more intense, doesn't bother her much (although she only rides it once or twice a visit). I've had her avoid other coasters with more intense laterals. I will probably ride it myself first and then give her the report afterward. She will just take the chicken-out after going through the line.

Myself, I enjoyed it. Alene didn't know it was coming since I told her nothing about the ride, so it came as an unpleasant surprise. She didn't mind it as much on the second ride since she knew it was coming, she said. She's also not a fan of coasters. She'll ride a few but that's after a lot of coaxing. But she does love 7 Dwarfs, Slinky, and, surprisingly Aerosmith. It took me nearly a decade to get her to try the Hulk and now she loves it. She doesn't care much for Everest, mostly because of the backwards section. Hurts her neck & back.

It's definitely very smooth, pretty straight IIRC, and doesn't last long (if that helps). Honestly, I forgot my Bonine because I didn't need it last trip, and used non-drowsy Dramamine bought from HRH. It didn't work (I actually felt worse), so it's possible it was just bad timing for me.

It's so hard to predict which intensity will impact her neck/back. Stunt Job Coaster is too harsh, particularly in the spiral up right after the launch. Banshee, which should be more intense, doesn't bother her much (although she only rides it once or twice a visit). I've had her avoid other coasters with more intense laterals. I will probably ride it myself first and then give her the report afterward. She will just take the chicken-out after going through the line.

As a KI regular I think she won’t be able to handle Hagrid, the figure 8 is similar forces to Stunt Job but it’s not sustained as long.

Oh my god amazing ride! Bummed I got the back row but my first ride was a night ride at least. Now I know the true meaning when everyone says non-stop action! I will wait till tomorrow for my day ride for a full review but nonetheless I thoroughly enjoyed myself.