Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

So the Sunday after opening finally opened up for fast passes and two things to note that are very odd. First, no fast passes were listed. If they were distributed already you would still see it listed with in red stating they is none available. But the more off thing is that the park is listed as closing at 6:30 PM which tells me they haven't updated their website at all. I don't get why Disney announced something, but didn't update anything, it is now less than a month away from opening and there is no sign of this show existing. I went to Friday the 22nd and clicked on the calendar and it is not listed as a show either. You would think they would want people to know this show was out there and I imagine people planning their days use the website to do that. Just strange and really dumb of Disney. Unless they are hoping for lower crowds the first couple weeks?!?

So the Sunday after opening finally opened up for fast passes and two things to note that are very odd. First, no fast passes were listed. If they were distributed already you would still see it listed with in red stating they is none available. But the more off thing is that the park is listed as closing at 6:30 PM which tells me they haven't updated their website at all. I don't get why Disney announced something, but didn't update anything, it is now less than a month away from opening and there is no sign of this show existing. I went to Friday the 22nd and clicked on the calendar and it is not listed as a show either. You would think they would want people to know this show was out there and I imagine people planning their days use the website to do that. Just strange and really dumb of Disney. Unless they are hoping for lower crowds the first couple weeks?!?
They can't start a night show until at the earliest 8:30 due to sunlight, so crowds really don't even play a factor.

They can't start a night show until at the earliest 8:30 due to sunlight, so crowds really don't even play a factor.

I am saying by not updating their website until much closer to the date, they are maybe reducing the number of people who know about it and therefore reducing the crowds. They eventually will have to update the hours as we all know the show can't start until it is dark. But by not listing it on their show times right now, not changing the hours, and not showing it on FP all tell me they are not updating it for a reason.

Unless Mad Dog is right and they just have made so many cuts there is no one to update the website :lmao:

Speaking of that...

Hours still haven't updated.

Now I am going to rag on you for not reading my post that I posted today saying that, which he was replying to :)

Has it been said how those rafts are controlled, I don't a driver in them?

No driver, you can see the original antenna mounted on the vehicle and the temp antennas mounted on stands up higher. Seems there might be an issue with the control signals not being strong enough. Someone needs to give that gain knob a twist.

On opening day, do you think they'll have return time tickets first thing in the morning so people don't have to wait in line all day for it to start that night?

I doubt it. I imagine at some point they will release fast passes on their app and at the kiosk. But Disney really never cares if people wait in long lines for things, so I don't see return tickets happening. I mean look at Candlelight processional, they let those people wait in pretty long lines if you don't do the dinner package. For popular speakers people sometimes don't get into the first show and sometimes have to wait until the second or 3rd show.

Really excited for this! I will say I'm going to be judging this directly against WOC which IMO is the best night show anywhere period.

Really excited for this! I will say I'm going to be judging this directly against WOC which IMO is the best night show anywhere period.
I am assuming you are referring to the original. The current is the worst of the new DL nighttime shows (that's not to say it's bad tho).

I am assuming you are referring to the original. The current is the worst of the new DL nighttime shows (that's not to say it's bad tho).

Yeah I haven't been to DLR since its changed, I've only seen the original and it was amazing.

Huge update from Mako Madness:

Lots of daytime testing on this now. Steve and Martin over at Magic are saying the reason is connected to why they haven't changed hours or opened up FP+ yet. Simply put, the show is behind schedule in testing and they are pushing as hard as they can to work out the technical kinks (daytime testing was never intended).

Some pics from the video:

rol2_zpsxqsyyc7h.jpg

rol3_zpsc0evwedi.jpg

rol5_zpskawu7oil.jpg

rol4_zpsngtwicgz.jpg