Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It will be interesting to see if this happens since they seem to be behind schedule and haven't changed the park hours yet for April 22nd and beyond.
There's rumors going around that the opening date may be pushed back. They weren't expecting the amount of technical delays they've had.

Reactions: Ryno27
Supposedly all of them except a corporate event on the 19th have been cancelled.

I can believe that. If they expected to make the 22nd and do these other events the hours would be updated. I was laughing at some of the comments saying this guy is always right and no way they aren't doing these events on time lol

Rivers of Light officially delayed from April 22nd to "check back with us in May". This includes ALL DAK night entertainment.

Rivers of Light officially delayed from April 22nd to "check back with us in May". This includes ALL DAK night entertainment.

I am saddened, but expected this. There was no update anywhere on their website that this thing was opening on the 22nd. Also, without this there is no reason to do the other entertainment stuff. Argh! Oh well, I guess I can cancel my FPs I have for the 24th :)

High.

I also wonder if the delay has to do with worries about the Nighttime Safari, considering that was delayed as well

I think it is the show. But why expand the hours if you don't have enough to keep people entertained. The show is the big draw. So without that I don't see Disney wanting to waste money on the other stuff since it may not keep people around without the show.

This seems to be technical related and less changing the show story itself. Why do people think they will change the story?

Reactions: Nick
I think it is the show. But why expand the hours if you don't have enough to keep people entertained. The show is the big draw. So without that I don't see Disney wanting to waste money on the other stuff since it may not keep people around without the show.

I dunno. Just commenting on how it's been whispered that the nighttime safari is not turning out like they wanted.

This seems to be technical related and less changing the show story itself. Why do people think they will change the story?

Because it's rumored that the show isn't very good.

Again, all this is all rumors, but the indefinite delay speaks more to a fundamental problem with the show than something technical, IMO.

I dunno. Just commenting on how it's been whispered that the nighttime safari is not turning out like they wanted.

Because it's rumored that the show isn't very good.

Again, all this is all rumors, but the indefinite delay speaks more to a fundamental problem with the show than something technical, IMO.

Only one person on here has ever stated it wasn't going to be good and they seemed to not really have inside info. So I haven't really heard these rumors. I also don't think adding characters makes it better. Should be interesting. I would think technical because they had a date and now can't meet that date. I would think if it was show not being good, Disney would cheap out and just open it and fix it later.

Only one person on here has ever stated it wasn't going to be good and they seemed to not really have inside info. So I haven't really heard these rumors. I also don't think adding characters makes it better. Should be interesting. I would think technical because they had a date and now can't meet that date. I would think if it was show not being good, Disney would cheap out and just open it and fix it later.

I've heard whispers since its announcement that the show was kind of "Meh" as designed.

The ambiguous wording of the blog post just kind of sends up red flags for me.

Ugh! It looked like it had potential too. Please no Star Wars like shows, that was just painfully awful. Even my 5 year old daughter didn't like it and she likes to re-watch some pretty bad videos lol

Reactions: Mad Dog
Ugh! It looked like it had potential too. Please no Star Wars like shows, that was just painfully awful. Even my 5 year old daughter didn't like it and she likes to re-watch some pretty bad videos lol
It's too juvenile for even a 5 yr. old. Disney is really writing down to their audience. ;)

It's too juvenile for even a 5 yr. old. Disney is really writing down to their audience. ;)

Lol - yeah she just kept asking who that leader was and why they were doing what they were doing. She was as confused as I was watching the video. Both DH and I said it was lame and he is a huge SW fan. That thing is just bad all over the place and I can't believe people will stay and watch the whole thing. I wanted to stop the video because I didn't want to torture myself anymore but I kept thinking, it has to get better. Never did.