(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was looking through Universal's events and found this. Looks like Fear Factor Stage will be open at least through September 9th since they are taking reservations for the Rock The Universe weekend. View attachment 6715
I has thought that MoM would be the USO project for 2020. If demolition doesn't start until earliest fall that is starting to seem less likely. Anyone know an estimate of how long MoM would take to build?

If MoM is not the 2020 project, what is? My only guess that would be quick is a gutting and reusing of the Shrek building.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I has thought that MoM would be the USO project for 2020. If demolition doesn't start until earliest fall that is starting to seem less likely. Anyone know an estimate of how long MoM would take to build?

If MoM is not the 2020 project, what is? My only guess that would be quick is a gutting and reusing of the Shrek building.

2020 was off the table for MOM once construction didn't start after HHN last year. Personally I'm not holding my breath for it any time soon

Having thought about this delay it does make sense to wait on MoM. The two WW areas opened 4 years apart. The new coaster will open five years later. Doesn't make much sense to open up MoM just a year or two later.

2020 was off the table for MOM once construction didn't start after HHN last year. Personally I'm not holding my breath for it any time soon

Not necessarily. DD didn't shut until September last year for a summer 2019 opening. It's possible but unlikely, so like you, I'm not holding my breath.

With all the rumours circulating, I think there has to be a wildcard or two in there that nobody is expecting.

Having thought about this delay it does make sense to wait on MoM. The two WW areas opened 4 years apart. The new coaster will open five years later. Doesn't make much sense to open up MoM just a year or two later.

The franchise has longevity, no doubt about it but with HP always moving out of the spotlight, I think the sooner the better with this project.

DD is (mostly) an outdoor coaster using existing infrastructure. MoM would be a completely new build.

True but it's a much easier demolition job and the overall area is half for MoM compared to the HP coaster. Even using the existing infrastructure, it's still a complete redo of the interior and exterior for the queue building and construction of the barebones of a building is not a long or difficult job.

They managed to build Transformers in a year but then again, that was a clone.

True but it's a much easier demolition job and the overall area is half for MoM compared to the HP coaster. Even using the existing infrastructure, it's still a complete redo of the interior and exterior for the queue building and construction of the barebones of a building is not a long or difficult job.

They managed to build Transformers in a year but then again, that was a clone.
It was amazing how fast they built Transformers.

2020 is Jurassic Park, so if Studios gets something, it will probably be something on a lesser scale, maybe Kidzone.
With JP getting a coaster, possible upgrade to the boat ride and rebranding to JW it does look like the big project for 2020. Not so sure about KidZone. I would imagine that would be a major project unto itself.