(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry I’ve never really enjoyed the show and see the building housing the attraction as an eyesore.
I agree.
As mentioned before people always hate a new attraction when it is not to there demands but usually come to enjoy down the line.
What really happens is the people who hate the attraction learn they don’t like it and stop going. As a new attraction it’s kind of an automatic must do for nearly all the general public. As time goes on it becomes more of a niche attraction and only really attracts guests who are interested in either the IP or the attraction type. This is pretty much what has happened to FFL and yes the same will eventually happen for F&F.

I certainly agree FFL needs to go, I just don’t think it’s the most pressing thing right now, and F&F May have removed a little of that “worst attraction in the park” pressure from FFL.

FFL adds capacity and is one of the few sit down shows left at Studios...It's on borrowed time...but so is Shrek
I give Shrek a hard time, but the thing had a 45 minute wait Monday when I walked by, and FFL had to have barkers out front asking (begging) people to come watch.

Like I said, there are people that watch that show...

1d1t7d.jpg

Yea I realize that... but with a 45 minute posted wait time... people kept getting in line! That says something.

I think it has to do with the popularity of the IP, for sure. Shrek is still a big deal, whether people want to admit it or not. It's easy to dump on it, but it's definitely nostalgic for a lot of people, and I think it shows that Shrek will continue to have a presence in UOR, even after the show meets its inevitable end

I think it has to do with the popularity of the IP, for sure. Shrek is still a big deal, whether people want to admit it or not. It's easy to dump on it, but it's definitely nostalgic for a lot of people, and I think it shows that Shrek will continue to have a presence in UOR, even after the show meets its inevitable end
Yup.

People like Shrek. Some ironically (Somebody once told me...), others because it pokes fun at Disney, and most just cause it's DreamWorks' first big hit and whether we like to admit it or not, a timeless classic.

Yup.

People like Shrek. Some ironically (Somebody once told me...), others because it pokes fun at Disney, and most just cause it's DreamWorks' first big hit and whether we like to admit it or not, a timeless classic.
We still enjoy and do it a couple of times each trip. The first time we did it in May we waited 30 minutes in "Express" with both theaters running, 10 days 'before' Memorial Day. It has one of the best preshows around. We still laugh even though we've seen it dozens of times. And the seat effects work better now than they did a few years ago....And then, once you leave the attraction, the Shrek & Donkey M&G is one of the most hilarious & entertaining shows anywhere.

As we all see Shrek is timeless IP that still has relevance with its attraction. It’s a very well known brand is even used in some marketing.

Now FFL is such a lost IP. Even with a new show if you ask the GP in a poll what they know about it most would say wasn’t it a show that people ate gross things on and the rest would say never heard of it.

How can it add capacity when it’s only open for maybe 5 months a year and barely draws but a few viewers. The other two shows(AA and HMUS) still draw good to great crowds and are open year round.

With Animal Actors, Horror Make-Up Show, the T2-3D replacement show(2019 opening), Shrek 4D, and FFL gives the 5 sit down show experiences. Now add in all the street shows, parades and night time event shows there are more than viewing experiences to let FFL go.It is the least viewed and or cared about show. Pretty sure the Acapella street show was drawing larger crowds last time I was there.

Sorry for the ranting but it drives me nuts that a waste of space and money can be saved yet people want ET/Kidzone, Lost Continent, Toon Lagoon, etc. replaced yet they all draw crowds and eat up capacity while this thing just hides in its corner, forgotten.

And people let Fast and Furious go. Yes it did not live up to its opening give it time and with some enhancements it can become a good attraction. It’s not like Disney Killed it by giving 11.5acres to a toy story land that has a mediocre family coaster with bare bones theming and a saucer spin flat ride. Now maybe it’s just me but I think it’s a toss up on who gave the weakest new entry to the theme parks this year between those two and that SeaWorld wins in Orlando.

Ok sorry I’m done I’ll chalk this up to I quit smoking recently

Sorry for the ranting but it drives me nuts that a waste of space and money can be saved yet people want ET/Kidzone, Lost Continent, Toon Lagoon, etc. replaced yet they all draw crowds and eat up capacity while this thing just hides in its corner, forgotten.

Nobody doesn't want FFL replaced. It just is what it is. It'll happen when it happens

Yup.

At trivia last night, Shrek 2 was the halftime hint, so the host played several songs from the movies leading into halftime. Crowd of 20-something CMs were vocally enthused. Millennial nostalgia gets overshadowed by Gen X nostalgia (because we force it down our younger brothers' and sisters' throats), but things like Shrek and The Incredibles still have huge fan bases that no one caters to in the way Star Wars or even something like Ghostbusters does.

As we all see Shrek is timeless IP that still has relevance with its attraction. It’s a very well known brand is even used in some marketing.

Now FFL is such a lost IP. Even with a new show if you ask the GP in a poll what they know about it most would say wasn’t it a show that people ate gross things on and the rest would say never heard of it.

How can it add capacity when it’s only open for maybe 5 months a year and barely draws but a few viewers. The other two shows(AA and HMUS) still draw good to great crowds and are open year round.

With Animal Actors, Horror Make-Up Show, the T2-3D replacement show(2019 opening), Shrek 4D, and FFL gives the 5 sit down show experiences. Now add in all the street shows, parades and night time event shows there are more than viewing experiences to let FFL go.It is the least viewed and or cared about show. Pretty sure the Acapella street show was drawing larger crowds last time I was there.

And people let Fast and Furious go. Yes it did not live up to its opening give it time and with some enhancements it can become a good attraction. It’s not like Disney Killed it by giving 11.5acres to a toy story land that has a mediocre family coaster with bare bones theming and a saucer spin flat ride. Now maybe it’s just me but I think it’s a toss up on who gave the weakest new entry to the theme parks this year between those two and that SeaWorld wins in Orlando.

Ok sorry I’m done I’ll chalk this up to I quit smoking recently
No problem, valid rant...

However, ain't no one taking away my ET! A KidZone replacement will not touch the ET. We need to keep some part of the original park, and that's our Peter Pan's Flight. It ain't going nowhere!

No problem, valid rant...

However, ain't no one taking away my ET! A KidZone replacement will not touch the ET. We need to keep some part of the original park, and that's our Peter Pan's Flight. It ain't going nowhere!
Absolutely agree ET is an absolutely fantastic ride. Amazing nostalgia. Arguably me and my family’s favorite true dark ride of any park period.

Some have actually argued that this ride needs replacement and that is the only reason I brought it up.

I would have this remain for all time no matter the replacement possibilities. Doesn’t matter it’s magic,classic, and wonderful.

We still enjoy and do it a couple of times each trip. The first time we did it in May we waited 30 minutes in "Express" with both theaters running, 10 days 'before' Memorial Day. It has one of the best preshows around. We still laugh even though we've seen it dozens of times. And the seat effects work better now than they did a few years ago....And then, once you leave the attraction, the Shrek & Donkey M&G is one of the most hilarious & entertaining shows anywhere.
I don’t think Alicia was talking about Shrek 4D as much Shrek the IP. People really enjoy the IP.

I don’t think Alicia was talking about Shrek 4D as much Shrek the IP. People really enjoy the IP.
Right. But because people like the property, regular guests don’t hate Shrek 4D the way some of us do.

I think the preshow is pretty cool. Honestly, during the main show the moving seats annoy me. (Especially the nuematic tube sounds they make!)