(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
fCO6c6W.jpg

Yeah. Jaws, King, and BTTF were all loved too. Just assume every ride you love will eventually close or be significantly changed and you will live a happier life
As long as Comic Strip Cafe is safe, I'm good

All kidding aside...I think that's what makes Universal so special, it is a constantly revolving group of attractions based on hot properties...That's just how they do it..Just imagine if the rules everyone wants for BTTF and Kong applied for Shrek or Twister..

Bob Marley ride confirmed...Please put on ya goggles man

I would not be surprised if it is eventually rebranded "J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World".
I was actually thinking about this today. At this point they don’t need the signs and Branding up around the park with the “trio” on it. You could take all the actors like dan off of the marketing and replace it with buildings and the like from the movies/parks and easily rebrand as J.K Rowling’s Wizzarding World.

This makes it easier to sneak in some FB stuff in the future park;):clap:

Reactions: Joel and tankart150
I wouldn't be surprised. They could sell every single classic property and attraction unrelated to HP to Disney..... including, Back to the Future
Universal is making a big mistake, rather than diversifying and balancing the parks to appeal to each and every family member and film genre, they're going to call it quits and take no risk with the use of already existing franchises. How uncreative. The folks working there have a lack of Imagination! Throughout history, the brightest and most unimaginable creative ideas are typically the one's that will make the most money long-term.

I wouldn't be surprised. They could sell every single classic property and attraction unrelated to HP to Disney..... including, Back to the Future
Universal is making a big mistake, rather than diversifying and balancing the parks to appeal to each and every family member and film genre, they're going to call it quits and take no risk with the use of already existing franchises. How uncreative. The folks working there have a lack of Imagination! Throughout history, the brightest and most unimaginable creative ideas are typically the one's that will make the most money long-term.

Pray-tell. How did they make a mistake? By closing Fear Factor for MoM?
By closing Dueling Dragons for an actual Potter ride?

Or are you still going on about MiB being shut down- which it isn't anytime soon.

There is probably a bigger thread/discussion to be had about this...All I will say is that HP and the attractions that have come with it are quite imaginative and creative...HP has redefined what a theme park "land" is and brought a new level of immersion to the theme park industry..HP is also a money maker that has not returned void for them..People make special plans JUST to see the Wizarding World...Not even knowing what else the parks have...At the same time I do believe they are using it as a bit of a crutch...But I think they have made it clear that they are not going to focus only on HP down the road...I truly believe this is it for the HP series...What will be left is an exciting, well rounded out world based on a beloved series

It's important to remember that BTTF was pre-Potter era, as was Mummy..Universal has always searched for its "It factor" and it found it in Potter..

And I also think Disney would pass on rights to the BTTF franchise

I always come back to the fact that Universal Orlando is still a relatively young park when compared to the parks around it...Disney is almost 50, Busch Gardens is over that, and Universal is less than 30, and they've changed owners like four times..IMO they are just now getting some serious traction..

But I understand and see your frustration..I am a huge Potter fan, but a huge-er Universal fan...I can see where someone is frustrated

I see a similar frustration with HHN ironically..True HHN fans have blasted Universal for using too many IPs in the event rather than original content..Saying things like "why don't we just rename it to Walking Dead Weekends" or "American Horror Story Nights"..But in all reality the last few years of HHN has been wildly successful...and many of the IP houses have been some of the best as they have to be executed excellently..I personally miss the days of icons and original content, but I love love love walking through scenes from my favorite movies as well..One must move on at times

Last edited:
Huh? They are literally doing hat exact thing with the upcoming attractions.

Reactions: tankart150
I gotta say. I love potter as much as the next guy. In fact when I visited for the first time in 2010, I didn’t know what was at the parks other than HP and I thought I heard my cousin tell me there was a Spider-Man ride or something. I spent a week looking at YouTube videos of the rest of the park to know what to expect after I got my tickets.

I say that to say this.

I’m very excited about the new HP stuff coming to the park, especially something replacing DD, but I’m even more excited about what Universal has coming up AFTER Potter. There’s some things I would love to see Uni take care of personally (new marvel ride, update or expand JP, redo production central, whatever) and I know there are exciting things Universal are already planning to do post potter.

So yeah. These potter expansions are great, but even Uni knows it’s time to move on once this is done. I don’t think it’s too much potter. I think they are finishing up plans for what they hoped they would be able to eventually do when hogsmeade first opened in 2010,

The only time I ride MIB is drunk during HHN, otherwise it's a crappy cardboard cutout shooter game.

excuse me while I go hide from this thread now

If they do end up extending the London facade, the transition between facades will be pretty weird.
Between which facades? I think they could easily mix the new london facade into the old one (Grimmauld place). There's two things going for it, it's all in london and the hard left turn means you won't really see all of London at the same time.

Reactions: tankart150
Between which facades? I think they could easily mix the new london facade into the old one (Grimmauld place). There's two things going for it, it's all in london and the hard left turn means you won't really see all of London at the same time.
Yea, they may need to have a backstage gate between them to keep access to the backstage road there, but lots of themed lands have access gates between facades, so no biggee.

Try riding it sober, you’ll be able to see all the AAs and animated figures.
I'd like to, my gf (and sole park buddy) refuses to go on MIB anytime other than during HHN. She's a germaphobe so that plays into us not riding that much. Before I'm taken out back and shot, I should say that I enjoy MIB even though it's crappy. I'd much rather Simpsons get be demolished before MIB, I can't ride that without getting nauseous.

Reactions: Iwalkpluto
Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm at work and cannot flip through all 14 pages right now... Is the general opinion that two new Potter rides will be built (where DC and FFL were)? Or is MoM just speculation, and so it could just be another IP? Thanks.

Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm at work and cannot flip through all 14 pages right now... Is the general opinion that two new Potter rides will be built (where DC and FFL were)? Or is MoM just speculation, and so it could just be another IP? Thanks.

Technically MoM is a rumor until it's announced...but it's happening. :tongue: