(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What if it is the British MoM complete with it's grand lobby.

The VR Broom attraction is Auror Training. You go into the the small Auror's Office where 8 "Brooms" are waiting. Hop on and put on the VR goggles. When it starts the wall in front of you magically dissolves, and off you go out of the building on a Death Eater treasure hunt through 8K London.

The second attraction would be The Trial of Fenrir Greyback and take place in Courtroom Ten. It would be the "puzzle theater" patent and basically be Universal's version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter but with a big scary werewolf AA in a cage in the middle. Of course something goes wrong and all hell breaks loose. It would be a mix of practical and lighting effects including some projection mapping.
Two attractions in that plot would be interesting

I'd be super impressed if they could pull that off

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think USF needs another Potter attraction. After Velocicoaster, IOA will still rein supreme as the thrill park for the UOR, and EU seems to be the crown jewel for theming, but where does that leave USF? I think it would be cool if Universal makes USF a park that pays tributes to all their old classics, keep E.T. (duh) but add a Back to the Future coaster, make a new version of Jaws, etc.
Or at the very least, make an attempt to build their own version of GMR, I think USF needs to play into Universal's history

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think USF needs another Potter attraction. After Velocicoaster, IOA will still rein supreme as the thrill park for the UOR, and EU seems to be the crown jewel for theming, but where does that leave USF? I think it would be cool if Universal makes USF a park that pays tributes to all their old classics, keep E.T. (duh) but add a Back to the Future coaster, make a new version of Jaws, etc.
Or at the very least, make an attempt to build their own version of GMR, I think USF needs to play into Universal's history

This was always my thought when visiting USF…you were there to experience attractions based on Universal’s cinematic history. Fast and Furious, Back to the Future, and Jaws are the biggest and most popular Universal IPs and should have bigger and better representation at USF.

I still don’t mind them adding more Potter, as long as it’s also matched with actual Universal attractions.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd rather see some much more relevant IP's make their way into Studios. Spongebob is still pretty relevant, Illumination is relevant, Star Trek, James Bond, an actually good Fast and Furious ride, etc. The classics are gone for a reason. There's no reason to bring them back.

Personally, I'd rather see some much more relevant IP's make their way into Studios. Spongebob is still pretty relevant, Illumination is relevant, Star Trek, James Bond, an actually good Fast and Furious ride, etc. The classics are gone for a reason. There's no reason to bring them back.

You just listed a bunch of IPs that are decades old; even Potter will be two decades old this year. Not very relevant, but as I mentioned with F&F, Jaws, and BTTF, all are very popular. With Jaws and the BTTF trilogy, those are routinely shown in theaters still. They also have tons of merch surrounding them that sell and get flipped on eBay like crazy. Just because we had it before doesn’t disqualify it from returning. We also have UCM getting a massive land at EU - Universal’s oldest IP. Relevancy doesn’t matter.

You just listed a bunch of IPs that are decades old; even Potter will be two decades old this year. Not very relevant, but as I mentioned with F&F, Jaws, and BTTF, all are very popular. With Jaws and the BTTF trilogy, those are routinely shown in theaters still. They also have tons of merch surrounding them that sell and get flipped on eBay like crazy. Just because we had it before doesn’t disqualify it from returning. We also have UCM getting a massive land at EU - Universal’s oldest IP. Relevancy doesn’t matter.
When's the last time Jaws and BTTF had a new movie?

Regardless of relevancy, I believe a BTTF/Jaws ride would do just about as well as a James Bond/Star Trek ride. All of them are so ingrained into pop culture to the point where I think relevancy, while a factor, isn't the end of the world. I mean, Disney's making a Tron E-ticket. I think Back to the Future would work fine.

Fair point. If I had a say, never. Jaws is a masterpiece and Universal already tarnished its legacy with unnecessary sequels. BTTF trilogy is perfect.

USF had their chance with F&F and blew it, chose Bourne over James Bond, and haven’t even hinted at bringing back another Star Trek attraction - which, by the way who even remembers or cares about that show. Meanwhile, fans still cling to the hope of something Jaws or BTTF returning.

I don’t even want a full blown Jaws attraction. Just give me an animatronic in the lagoon and an HHN house someday.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
…haven’t even hinted at bringing back another Star Trek attraction - which, by the way who even remembers or cares about that show.
GTFO

Star Trek literally has 3 ongoing shows right now (Picard, Discovery, and Lower Decks) with Section 33 in development. All the older iterations get regular rotation in syndication and there are 25k+ fan fictions across the various shows. That’s not even considering the movies. The IP is still damn popular.

GTFO

Star Trek literally has 3 ongoing shows right now (Picard, Discovery, and Lower Decks) with Section 33 in development. All the older iterations get regular rotation in syndication and there are 25k+ fan fictions across the various shows. That’s not even considering the movies. The IP is still damn popular.

In the context of the post, I read “show” to be a reference to Star Trek Adventure. “Bringing back another Star Trek attraction…”

In the context of the post, I read “show” to be a reference to Star Trek Adventure. “Bringing back another Star Trek attraction…”

This is what I meant. No argument here that Star Trek is a popular IP deserving of its own immersive attraction, but hardly anyone remembers it being at USF to begin with or brings it up when suggesting “Universal should have a Star Trek attraction”…they did and it was forgettable.

If Universal can nab big third party IPs for a decent price and they can't easily be replaced by their own IPs, then I'm sure they will.

Problem with many of these mentioned IPs is that Universal doesn't have the rights and whoever does either is asking for too much or won't negotiate at all.

It makes a lot of sense to use 1) first party IPs (eg Illuminations, DW, F&F, Bourne) or 2) expand on existing relationships (eg Potter, Nintendo).

This is what I meant. No argument here that Star Trek is a popular IP deserving of its own immersive attraction, but hardly anyone remembers it being at USF to begin with or brings it up when suggesting “Universal should have a Star Trek attraction”…they did and it was forgettable.

Was it an attraction at USF though? I recall paying for a VHS tape of me and my friends acting out a scene from Star Trek -- to me it seemed more of a vendor than an attraction (if that is what you are speaking of) -- anyway, t was fun, used green screens and fit well w/ movie making but an attraction?

Reactions: Legacy and Mad Dog
Was it an attraction at USF though? I recall paying for a VHS tape of me and my friends acting out a scene from Star Trek -- to me it seemed more of a vendor than an attraction (if that is what you are speaking of) -- anyway, t was fun, used green screens and fit well w/ movie making but an attraction?
Goes back to the age ol debate of what's considered an "attraction."

Video below, USF version starts at 11:00.

What if it is the British MoM complete with it's grand lobby.

The VR Broom attraction is Auror Training. You go into the the small Auror's Office where 8 "Brooms" are waiting. Hop on and put on the VR goggles. When it starts the wall in front of you magically dissolves, and off you go out of the building on a Death Eater treasure hunt through 8K London.

The second attraction would be The Trial of Fenrir Greyback and take place in Courtroom Ten. It would be the "puzzle theater" patent and basically be Universal's version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter but with a big scary werewolf AA in a cage in the middle. Of course something goes wrong and all hell breaks loose. It would be a mix of practical and lighting effects including some projection mapping.

I just going to point out that Fenrir Greyback was alluded to be a pedophile in the books so thats already a no go for any attractions in a family park even if its a court room.

I just going to point out that Fenrir Greyback was alluded to be a pedophile in the books so thats already a no go for any attractions in a family park even if its a court room.

Hmmm, I’m a huge HP fan and I more understood it to be that enjoyed infecting/creating werewolves, especially children. I want to look into this now.